Nook Tablet Recovery Flasher App [8/16GB] (CWM{or}Stock) [Internal]

Search This thread

VashTS

Dec 4, 2011
this should be stickied damnit!!!! just spent like 2 hours trying to make bootable sd cards and shiz, all i needed was this and a damn cm 10.1 zip to flash!

thank you sir for this app. it truly makes this simple.

asawi

Oct 1, 2012
this should be stickied damnit!!!! just spent like 2 hours trying to make bootable sd cards and shiz, all i needed was this and a damn cm 10.1 zip to flash!

thank you sir for this app. it truly makes this simple.

Just need some confirmation that you have indeed used the app and that it DID install CWM 6.x.x with is what you need for CM10. The reason I'm asking is because when I tried using a recovery flasher from Indirect it flashed CWM 5.x.x. There is another topic with that one, so maybe this one is different. If it is, it's good to know!

Sent from my GT-P7300 using Tapatalk 2

amiah

Apr 21, 2009
Bricked my device, so use with caution anyone else!!!

I recommend using caution with this fix! Bricked my device!

I'm not sure what went wrong but it bricked my device. When I tried to load recovery it was stuck at the loading recovery screen with my screen constantly flickering.

Luckily I was able to recover it using this method: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1663836&nocache=1

Last edited:

skepticmisfit

Jul 25, 2013
I recommend using caution with this fix! Bricked my device!

I'm not sure what went wrong but it bricked my device. When I tried to load recovery it was stuck at the loading recovery screen with my screen constantly flickering.

Luckily I was able to recover it using this method: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1663836&nocache=1

dude i'm pretty sure this isn't even relevant anymore. this was made when root was first discovered and has a special version of CWM5 (which is really old at this point) made for flashing root files

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Well guys, I decided to remake my thread for the new version of this app since it covers both 8gb and 16gb versions of the nook tablet.

--information:

THIS HAS NO TESTING! If something is broken, it's not my fault. Just report it in a non-urgent way and I'll fix it.
    Well, I decided to release this app in a separate thread so I can keep track of the new version better. This one has been fixed up (still a visual CluserF*** but it's not supposed to be pretty, only get you an internal recovery up and running.)

Problems:
    None with my app, however there are sure to be a few bugs on the recovery. Also: this flashes to internal, that's why I included a reset to stock button!

How to fix a borked install: CLICK ME CLICK ME FOR THE FIX!

(Note, you need superuser otherwise not a damn thing will happen!)

Download link:
    here - md5 = 21ab80c09b678c2e9c93e0a2c70bbba2

*Note: Guys, I'm really having cashflow problems for a lot of things that I need to do (which is why I actually sold my nook) so I would like to ask for a bit of donations. Don't want to force you all to pay a couple bucks through market, etc. :/ Thanks.
    - Other Note, you don't have to donate, would just appreciate it if you did.

Instructions:
    Just click the button that has the recovery you want to flash. It's really simple. Screenshots, credit, and changelog will be posted in the next post.
    Wait 10 seconds for the flash to finish then you can reboot if you want.

Please don't mirror
    Changelog:
    Code:
    2.5: Cleaned up code a bit more and added cwm for 8gb + 16gb
    2.0: Cleaned up the code, added better md5 checking now it won't flash without a good md5.
    1.5.5: Fixed md5 hash checking
    1.5: Added Reboot Recovery button
    1.1: Fixed filename issue for stock recovery
    1.0: Initial release.
    Credit:
    Code:
    megdh00t for the recovery
    myself for the image of stock and designing the app
    Screenshots:
    shot_000001.png
    I clicked the thanks button, but also wanted to say thank you and mention that this will help many people who have flashed CWM for 16gb to the 8gb device and are not able to recover. Will Donate.
    I clicked the thanks button, but also wanted to say thank you and mention that this will help many people who have flashed CWM for 16gb to the 8gb device and are not able to recover. Will Donate.

Thanks! Guys, expect an update with 1.4.2 recovery for stock later tonight. I just wanted to get the CWM build pushed out first so you atleast have something to use.
    Finally got around to reuploading.