[App][Mod]Google Wallet Installer

Search This thread

mav3rick478

Dec 26, 2010
Is there a way to completely undo the changes made by this installer? I'm trying to take OTA but it's failing with error 402. I suspect the libraries installed by this setup as the cause, but not certain, only because I haven't made any other modifications.

You'll probably have to flash back to stock and unroot and relock your boot loader if your phone is also rooted and unlocked.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

sjmiller

Jul 2, 2009
You'll probably have to flash back to stock and unroot and relock your boot loader if your phone is also rooted and unlocked.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Seriously? I figure if an installer can put something in there, I can remove it as long as I know what it is. My bootloader is not unlocked. I am only rooted, and never anything but stock firmware and stock recovery. I'm trying to avoid the major headache of spending the next week reconfiguring my phone.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Google Wallet Installer for Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, and US Cellular Samsung Galaxy S3.

Requires ROOT, an UNLOCKED BOOTLOADER, and BUSYBOX!(A deodexed ROM is just recommended)

My newest project, RemoteFlash, was just released! Take a look and give it a try!

Wallet Installer Is Now Available For Free To All Supported Carrier Models On XDA! (Donations Appreciated)

My application, "Wallet Installer", will install Google Wallet on almost any US based Samsung Galaxy S3. It simply edits your build.prop and then places the correct modifications into your system. It downloads all the files from my personal server, which is pretty quick. Just select the appropriate Rom type: AOSP, JB Touchwiz, or ICS TouchWiz, and then your carrier: Verizon, AT&T, T-Mobile, or US Cellular. I also added a restore option for your build.prop, so you can restore it after you setup Google Wallet. Hopefully this helps you out and makes the process easier!

Wallet Installer has been updated on the server side. The credit goes to Paul Obrien for the new version! To install it, simply reset Google Wallet, delete it, and then rerun Wallet Installer! Make sure to also have BusyBox installed/updated!

Please donate if my work helps you : )

V3: No Recovery/More Stable

And as always: I take no responsibility for bricked devices, whether a soft brick or a full on brand new coffee coaster.​
    No time table just want to know if not when my friend... Lol...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

There will be an update to wallet on my end. I still need to figure out how I want to solve the patching problem though. I have a new method, but until I'm positive it works you'll have to wait for me or someone else to release a patched version. If all goes well though in the future you won't need to come here to know of compatible updates, Wallet will be tricked in real time. I'm not quite there yet though!

Sent from my HTC6435LVW using Tapatalk 2
    Hey guys! Sorry for not being around lately, but I wanted to give you a heads up that I hope to update on the server side this weekend. Thanks for your patience!

Confirmed working nfc tap payments100% New wallet version on as aosp.
    -Uninstall any version of wallet currently installed
    -run washer installer app
    -after reboot set up wallet completely
    -update wallet from the playstore
    -open wallet to confirm tap+pay
    -close wallet
    -restore build.prop using wallet installer

Been testing at several locations, all working correctly. Super easy!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    The other patch I've seen involves xposed framework and looks cumbersome for those of us who are flashing ROMs a lot and therefore resetting and reinstalling wallet regularly. Hope whatever you devise is a little smoother ;)

I plan on keeping the installation process very easy as it has been! As far as my plans go, you shouldn't notice any big differences. There will more than likely be a new installer though when I make a full swap to the new method I've been considering.