[Q&A] [ROM] CyanogenMod 9 [CM9]

Search This thread

a fluffy fellow

Jul 28, 2012
app problems

There appears to be no Q&A thread for CM9 currently. I know generally the person who made/ported the ROM would start it, but doesn't appear that that's high on Entropy's priority list. Anyway, there are a lot of CM9 threads wasting space on Infuse Q&A section, so here's this.

Ask any questions about CM9 for the Samsung Infuse 4g here.

It's my first real thread so don't get mad if something isn't right, tell me how to fix it.

when i tap on google play it will not open and when i plug in my usb cable my computer can not find my phone?

please let me know what info you need

and or what i need to do

jerryeight

Mar 11, 2012
California
hey guys what kind of battery life have you been getting with the latest rom
please include info of how much you use it and what screen brightness settings thanks

OvaHex

Jun 17, 2012
please include info of how much you use it and what screen brightness settings thanks

I adjust my own brightness. If I use my phone alot i can push 18 hrs

c6e4c98f-be0c-8bc9.jpg

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda app-developers app

Last edited:
Reactions: jerryeight

leortez

May 17, 2012
Guys, on battery improvement, is it safe to change kernel to yuma kernel and test different módems in cm9?
Anyone knows what are the benefits yuma kernel offers beside the charging hack?

Sent from my SGH-I997 using xda app-developers app

Pitico

Aug 3, 2012
Calgary
I got tired of researching and not finding answers, and waiting for a reply to my question. So I went ahead and did it. So for someone else's use later. You do not have to disable voodoo lag fix. Just clear data, flash it, and gapps. Then reboot it. The next time you use cwm recovery it will be blue.

Sent from my SGH-I997 running cm9 using XDA

Sorry for bringing an old post back to life, but I am just curious as to what exactly is Voodoo lagfix? Why does it say here:

wiki.cyanogenmod.com/wiki/Samsung_Vibrant:_Full_Update_Guide

that I have to disable Voodoo Lagfix on step 2 under the "Installing ClockworkMod recovery" section? Sorry, I am just new at android and curious.

Thanks in advance!
-Piero

elliot.newnham

Mar 21, 2011
Atlanta
Voodoo Lagfix is a partion converter to EXT4 file system. Its faster and newer than the stock Samsung file system.

For the infuse it doesn't pertain to us. You can flash ICS from a Red CWM (Voodoo lagfix capable) and then get blue CWM. (from blue CWM you can then flash JB)

This is a silly question as there are so many variables. How new is your battery? How many background apps are syncing. are you on 4g? 3g? Wifi? How much you use it is completely up to interpretation as well.

Last edited:

leortez

May 17, 2012
CM9 continuity

I´m wondering, with the JB development, is the CM9 proyect continue to its development? just wondering because, latest build works very good, and it would be nice to see it as an official CM9 with all its small issues left resolved. or you guys think this is going to be it for CM9?

jpregier

Dec 8, 2011
Media Storage Issues

Hi all, wonder if anyone might have some insight. I am definitely enjoying ICS on my device, so thanks again, Entropy512 and all the others who have contributed!

Since installing ICS, everything has been running smoothly, with one exception. I have noticed that the RocketPlayer media app is no longer showing all the music I have on my device, nor is it keeping the database up to date with additions/deletions. According to the JRT Studio website, the underlying cause is the Media Storage system app. I followed the instructions to force close Media Storage, wipe app memory, and reboot. This seems to have made only minimal difference, but enough to suggest that the fault lies with the Media Storage app. Has anyone else noticed this issue? Does anyone know what might be causing this problem, such as a bad install or something? What is the best way to solve this?

Thanks for any help!

S

shmokeyuk

mms prob solver..try :)

i used tweakker to sort out mms fc probs...nothing else ever sorted the prob...link to tweakker---https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.tweakker&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDNd...so worth the download :) :) :)

brian Marshall

Mar 1, 2012
Installed this last night. I searched this thread and the development thread but can not find an answer for a minor problem.

When i receive a new email I do not get a notification. Neither an audio notification or a message in notification bar.
I have two emails set up through imap. if i enter the app new emails will load. within the app I have it set up to check every 15 minutes and email notifcations are turned on.
Any help?

Thanks
Brian

brian Marshall

Mar 1, 2012
So I changed my email from IMPA to pop3 and notifications do work now. While a bit disappointing that I can't use IMAP, at least I know when a new email arrives.

AdrenalWolfe

Aug 18, 2012
HELP!

I'm installing cm9 on my infuse 4g and now its stuck on the samsung screen, and i been spending hours looking for help but can't find it. I followed directions to the tee. Does anyone know how to help me.

hattrickinc

Mar 1, 2007
I flashed this ROM two days ago,

And have it set like this:
CPU set for OnDemand
My screen is pretty dim,
wifi / gps off
No animations

I downloaded the xda app, logged in, posted this and lost 3% battery life.

What the heck am I doing wrong?
If I set it on conservative or minimal cpu, its too slow to use.

Thanks in advance

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    There appears to be no Q&A thread for CM9 currently. I know generally the person who made/ported the ROM would start it, but doesn't appear that that's high on Entropy's priority list. Anyway, there are a lot of CM9 threads wasting space on Infuse Q&A section, so here's this.

Ask any questions about CM9 for the Samsung Infuse 4g here.

It's my first real thread so don't get mad if something isn't right, tell me how to fix it.
    I got tired of researching and not finding answers, and waiting for a reply to my question. So I went ahead and did it. So for someone else's use later. You do not have to disable voodoo lag fix. Just clear data, flash it, and gapps. Then reboot it. The next time you use cwm recovery it will be blue.

Yes, you just follow flash instructions lol
    It didn't say anything about voodoo lagfix

It didn't need to. Usually when people flash it, it automatically goes to blue.
    the settings didnt work but however when i start MMS in Dev Tools and i try to download attachments messaging app crashes

Thanks for letting me know I'll continue looking

yes it did create a new file after i rebooted