Free SliderList control (kinetic scrollable list with functional items)

Search This thread

Obelix_A

Oct 19, 2007
Passau
amirdt gave me the hint, that automatically generated items with headline text of "" will look inconsistent to others with text in headline. So I changed the criteria of when to display the headline (and leave the space free if no text).
Changes are in Version 1.8. Details see post #2

amirdt

Jan 14, 2008
Tel Aviv
Hey mate,
It seems that IconShowMore is available only on TextItem.

I need it on other items (specifically on CheckItem).

Alternatively, if there is not enough space on the right side, I can use also the left thumbnail which is on the left side- if there will be a way to attach the scrolling to this icon.

Thanks

Edit: Another request, will it be possible to get event when the child items scroll left and when they scroll back right?

Edit2: Not critical, but if possible, please expose the text alignment attribute of your items.

Last edited:

Obelix_A

Oct 19, 2007
Passau
Are you sure you didn't took anything from my code?
Items are quite similar
Just asking :)

first of all the items are skinnable, so you can change the graphics and thus it looks like you want it to. download the demo project and you will see what i mean.
the second thing to mention is, that you "feel" my list sliding is TOTALLY different than yours.
and the third: do you really think, I steal parts of your code and hand them out as mine?

take my demo project - see the constructor, the methods and the properties - I don't know yours, but I am sure mine are different.

ah - and I think you protected your libraries as did with mine - so how could I get parts of your code??

Obelix_A

Oct 19, 2007
Passau
Hey mate,
It seems that IconShowMore is available only on TextItem.

I need it on other items (specifically on CheckItem).

Alternatively, if there is not enough space on the right side, I can use also the left thumbnail which is on the left side- if there will be a way to attach the scrolling to this icon.

Thanks

Edit: Another request, will it be possible to get event when the child items scroll left and when they scroll back right?

Edit2: Not critical, but if possible, please expose the text alignment attribute of your items.

I think to get the child indicator right hand side from the checkbox seems quite narrow. If I could get some more infos about what you plan, perhaps I could help a little more. Otherwise you can attach scrolling to the children to the thumb button:
sliderList1.FocusedItem = myItem;
sliderList1.SlideToChilren();
and back:
sliderList1.SlideToParent();

Events can be fired in the next version ;)

TextAlignment can also be integrated in the next version.

amirdt

Jan 14, 2008
Tel Aviv
I think to get the child indicator right hand side from the checkbox seems quite narrow. If I could get some more infos about what you plan, perhaps I could help a little more. Otherwise you can attach scrolling to the children to the thumb button:
sliderList1.FocusedItem = myItem;
sliderList1.SlideToChilren();
and back:
sliderList1.SlideToParent();

Events can be fired in the next version ;)

TextAlignment can also be integrated in the next version.

thumb button should be fine, going to implement the way to slide you just suggested.
Thanks for the quick response :)

spastik

Nov 17, 2009
Porto
Hi !

I'm having a lot of trouble making the sample work.

This is the default example you gave in the first post.

What am I doing wrong ?

Lmiller1708

Aug 7, 2008
La Crosse
Hi !

I'm having a lot of trouble making the sample work.

This is the default example you gave in the first post.

What am I doing wrong ?

I had this same problem too... :confused:
I'm using sharp development though, I thought that had something to do with it... But Maybe not.

P.S! Thanks for your work, and I really like the "Skinnable" Icons! :eek:

Killer3d

Jul 27, 2009
Im using Visual Studio with Visual Baic.

If im add the SliderList.dll to my Toolbox, i cant see the Control. WHat is wrong ?

Killer3d

Obelix_A

Oct 19, 2007
Passau
are you sure you have the latest library and the latest demo project? it looks like you have the demo project from the first release and the latest library...

michyprima

Sep 30, 2007
twitter.com
first of all the items are skinnable, so you can change the graphics and thus it looks like you want it to. download the demo project and you will see what i mean.
the second thing to mention is, that you "feel" my list sliding is TOTALLY different than yours.
and the third: do you really think, I steal parts of your code and hand them out as mine?

take my demo project - see the constructor, the methods and the properties - I don't know yours, but I am sure mine are different.

ah - and I think you protected your libraries as did with mine - so how could I get parts of your code??

Hey don't get angry, I didn't say you did that, I asked if you did that. It's quite different ;)
I'm happy to know you didn't. I believe you. ;)

spastik

Nov 17, 2009
Porto
importing the dll is giving me an error :-(

sliderlisterror.png

spastik

Nov 17, 2009
Porto
importing the dll is giving me an error :-(

sliderlisterror.png

I just found out why this was happening.

It seems that the SliderList.dll was corrupted. I've just used the SliderList.dll from a CAB of a program of another member and now everything works fine :)

EDIT:

Excelent work ! The only thing I think it could be better is the smoothness of the sliding actions.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ok. I will check that.
    If your project is not too difficult to handle or too secret, you could send me the project or the parts that throw the exception and I will debug it.
    Otherwise I will set up a project that makes the same steps as yours does and I will see...
    If you send the project, please use a.bohmann[at]gmx.de