Correct Contact Format For importing

Search This thread

Kinuser1

Apr 4, 2011
View attachment Directions.pdf IMG_0012.jpg I uploaded an official contact file from verizon. I successfully imported all 200+ contacts to my new replacement KIN

In order for this to work, you MUST use the .xml file below. You may delete the numbers that came in the file, but nothing else. Deleting anything else will cause the string to be incomplete. So please, if you are adding contacts, or deleting, make sure to just erase the names and not the whole thing. If you are adding contacts, then you can copy and past this:

<Contact>
<FirstName></FirstName>
<LastName></LastName>
<PhoneNumbers>
<PhoneNumber PhoneType="mobile"></PhoneNumber>
</PhoneNumbers>
</Contact>

Once you copy and paste that, just insert your names and numbers and it should look like this:

<Contact>
<FirstName>Chuck</FirstName>
<LastName>Norris</LastName>
<PhoneNumbers>
<PhoneNumber PhoneType="mobile">1885555555</PhoneNumber>
</PhoneNumbers>
</Contact>

That is a complete string, after you are done with one contact, just continue..example

<Contact>
<PhoneNumbers>
</PhoneNumbers>
</Contact>
<Contact>
<FirstName>John</FirstName
<LastName>Smith</LastName
<PhoneNumbers>
<PhoneNumber PhoneType="mobile">122555555</PhoneNumber>
</PhoneNumbers>
</Contact>

</Contacts>
</XMLContactList>

Bold=Start of new contact
Italic=Complete xml schema end. (Nothing can be added after this text)

Then, go to file-> Save As->cellebrite.contacts-> File Type-> Extensible Markup Language (*.xml)

Don't ask how to install/use kinO! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1091166

Open KINO, and upload the contact file to the KIN's root storage

Once that is done, go to your KIN, Dial ##PROGRAMMITT and press send (Sec code is all 0's)

Go to contacts then select import.
If Import is grayed out, then you did something wrong.

Just make sure when you import your contacts, to put in the the names/numbers in their respective area. It will not work if you don't. YOU DO NOT NEED TO INPUT A LAST NAME! :)

Also, If you wish to edit the contacts file, below is a link to the software i use.
http://www.altova.com/thankyou.asp [Scroll Down and click the download link if it doesn't download.]

Here is my contacts file. Editing is common sense, and easy. For some it may be complicated. If you need help, leave your comments or pm me.

View attachment cellebrite.contacts.rar

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 88
  • Untitled2.jpg
    Untitled2.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
Reactions: WEM97

WEM97

Jun 25, 2011
Woodinville
This sounds good im going to try it once I get the chance cause right now im busy flashing cm7 to my bn nook color. Nice find. Thumbs up to you!

Kinuser1

Apr 4, 2011
This sounds good im going to try it once I get the chance cause right now im busy flashing cm7 to my bn nook color. Nice find. Thumbs up to you!

Just make sure when you import your contacts, to put in the the names/numbers in their respective area. It will not work if you don't

Kinuser1

Apr 4, 2011
Someone Sticky this. People are asking how to import contacts and are not searching the forums.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    View attachment Directions.pdfIMG_0012.jpg I uploaded an official contact file from verizon. I successfully imported all 200+ contacts to my new replacement KIN

In order for this to work, you MUST use the .xml file below. You may delete the numbers that came in the file, but nothing else. Deleting anything else will cause the string to be incomplete. So please, if you are adding contacts, or deleting, make sure to just erase the names and not the whole thing. If you are adding contacts, then you can copy and past this:

<Contact>
    <FirstName></FirstName>
    <LastName></LastName>
    <PhoneNumbers>
    <PhoneNumber PhoneType="mobile"></PhoneNumber>
    </PhoneNumbers>
    </Contact>

Once you copy and paste that, just insert your names and numbers and it should look like this:

<Contact>
    <PhoneNumbers>
    </PhoneNumbers>
    </Contact>

That is a complete string, after you are done with one contact, just continue..example

<Contact>
    <PhoneNumbers>
    </PhoneNumbers>
    </Contact>
    <Contact>
    <FirstName>John</FirstName
    <LastName>Smith</LastName
    <PhoneNumbers>
    <PhoneNumber PhoneType="mobile">122555555</PhoneNumber>
    </PhoneNumbers>
    </Contact>

</Contacts>
    </XMLContactList>

Bold=Start of new contact
    Italic=Complete xml schema end. (Nothing can be added after this text)

Then, go to file-> Save As->cellebrite.contacts-> File Type-> Extensible Markup Language (*.xml)

Don't ask how to install/use kinO! http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1091166

Open KINO, and upload the contact file to the KIN's root storage

Once that is done, go to your KIN, Dial ##PROGRAMMITT and press send (Sec code is all 0's)

Go to contacts then select import.
    If Import is grayed out, then you did something wrong.

Just make sure when you import your contacts, to put in the the names/numbers in their respective area. It will not work if you don't. YOU DO NOT NEED TO INPUT A LAST NAME! :)

Also, If you wish to edit the contacts file, below is a link to the software i use.
    http://www.altova.com/thankyou.asp [Scroll Down and click the download link if it doesn't download.]

Here is my contacts file. Editing is common sense, and easy. For some it may be complicated. If you need help, leave your comments or pm me.

View attachment cellebrite.contacts.rar