[Q] Battery charging issue

Search This thread

gagan.u20

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 20, 2012
New Delhi
Hi all,

I bought Xperia C last week and I am facing a serious issue with its battery.
I charge my phone from 30%-70% and it took around 2hrs (which I think is fine).
But after 70%, it shows battery level to 100% within 5-10 minutes.

I also asked this question in Sony's thread but I didn't get a solution.

What should I do?

palimatix

Jan 18, 2011
Bangalore
Hi all,

What should I do?

Hey man, nice to see you here.. .ya it's happening occasionally here too.. but after proper battery discharge and recharge few times, the battery calliberation gets done i think, and then the issue is resolved.

howz your 2011 Xperia (Arc i beleive) going? Ditched completely? ;)

metalrules321

Oct 18, 2012
Sheffield- Derp Ville
Hi all,

What should I do?

Did you do a few charging cycles. I mean, for the battery to ''settle'' itself ; its neccesary to do a full discharge to 0% then uninterrupted charge to 100% for a few times initially.

Then ,you could force stop the ''eco controller mode'' in apps, clear data (after few charge cycles) then reboot.
This calibrates the ''stamina mode''

Hope this helps: coz it sure did to me :)

Last edited:

gagan.u20

Aug 20, 2012
New Delhi
Hey man, nice to see you here.. .ya it's happening occasionally here too.. but after proper battery discharge and recharge few times, the battery calliberation gets done i think, and then the issue is resolved.

howz your 2011 Xperia (Arc i beleive) going? Ditched completely? ;)

I still have Xperia Neo V, kept it for the development purpose because it is rooted and I don't want to root XC right now. :D

Did you do a few charging cycles. I mean, for the battery to ''settle'' itself ; its neccesary to do a full discharge to 0% then uninterrupted charge to 100% for a few times initially.

Then ,you could force stop the ''eco controller mode'' in apps, clear data (after few charge cycles) then reboot.
This calibrates the ''stamina mode''

Hope this helps: coz it sure did to me :)

I keep my device always in stamina mode, and sometime enable low memory mode and leave it.
Does it make something to battery charging?
Do I really need to manually calibrate "STAMINA MODE"?

@off_TOPIC: BTW, do you guys updated your XC to latest FW 16.0.B.26?? If yes, can you tell me its advantages over previous version.

Thanks & Regards,
Gagan Singh

metalrules321

Oct 18, 2012
Sheffield- Derp Ville
I keep my device always in stamina mode, and sometime enable low memory mode and leave it.
Does it make something to battery charging?
Do I really need to manually calibrate "STAMINA MODE"?

@off_TOPIC: BTW, do you guys updated your XC to latest FW 16.0.B.26?? If yes, can you tell me its advantages over previous version.

Thanks & Regards,
Gagan Singh

Regarding the stamina mode: I just saw that the estimated backup time as shown in stamina mode wasnt correct after charging cycles, it showed 3 hours backup time :eek: . So I had to do something. Now it seems A-Okay.Its quite possible that you may not have this problem, but regardless it would't hurt to calibrate it.

For the 2nd query, the advantages are quite slim. The volume level has gone up (a bit), the sudden battery drain from 30 to 15% is gone (somewhat) and overall the rom feels a bit zippier then before (could be placebo). But if you're having no problems in your current rom, it seems quite pointless to update it, bdw the rom is 675 MB :silly: and it bought back all the bloatware I had deleted before.

Your choice mate

Last edited:

gagan.u20

Aug 20, 2012
New Delhi
After upgrading the new version, I did factory reset and now my xperia c flows :)
I am happy with the performance, I think it is better than before.

Generally new firmwares patches the errors on the old firmware and improves performance. I suggest it to you ;)

Sounds great. :D
I'll update my device this weekend. :highfive:

Sep 9, 2013
hi guys
i have a problem "that was mentioned above" the sudden battery drop from 30% to 15%
i updated my phone but nothing is fixed i still have the same issue
any thoughts for me

hitman1376

Jan 7, 2013
zanjan
Well ... Seems Similar ...

hi guys
i have a problem "that was mentioned above" the sudden battery drop from 30% to 15%
any thoughts for me
Dear Friend ... Seems similar to DHD's ... You know it gets this when it gets Rooted ... but anyway maybe a battery calibration would help ( it worked somehow with DHD ) ... But it should be a software problem so a ROM switch may help ... Good luck ...

With Best Wishes
Hitman1376​

Sep 9, 2013
Dear Friend ... Seems similar to DHD's ... You know it gets this when it gets Rooted ... but anyway maybe a battery calibration would help ( it worked somehow with DHD ) ... But it should be a software problem so a ROM switch may help ... Good luck ...

With Best Wishes
Hitman1376​

my friend how are you ? first what do you mean by DHD ? and my phone isn't rooted i only bought it 2 days ago :)

hitman1376

Jan 7, 2013
zanjan
Thanks ...

my friend how are you ? first what do you mean by DHD ? and my phone isn't rooted i only bought it 2 days ago :)
Thanks ... How are you ? ... Well I meant DesireHD ( T9191 ) had had such problem when Rooted also HD2 when having WPH ... So I recommend you to try a battery calibration ... if not maybe a ROM switch may help ... If not , means there is Some thing related to the Radio ROM ... maybe I would be able to make a fix for it ... but needs some time ... Good luck

With Best Wishes
Hitman1376​

Sep 9, 2013
Thanks ... How are you ? ... Well I meant DesireHD ( T9191 ) had had such problem when Rooted also HD2 when having WPH ... So I recommend you to try a battery calibration ... if not maybe a ROM switch may help ... If not , means there is Some thing related to the Radio ROM ... maybe I would be able to make a fix for it ... but needs some time ... Good luck

With Best Wishes
Hitman1376​

thanks :) do you recommend a special app for calibration or just any one in the app market ? and how can i switch the rom cuz this one is the official "out of the box" :)

hitman1376

Jan 7, 2013
zanjan
Well ...

thanks :) do you recommend a special app for calibration or just any one in the app market ? and how can i switch the rom cuz this one is the official "out of the box" :)
OH ... Sorry I had forgotten that it doesn't have the ability to switch ROM ... But anyway you can try many apps for calibration ... also one other way ... I'm not an Xperia C User but my brother is so would take look at it ... I mean if anyone can boot into recovery , Then you could charge the phone for a period of time to make sure it's full then got into CWM recovery and do a wipe battery state ... It also can be a solution but I should try that myself ... also if you could find some way to boot into recovery , then check if it fixes Or not ... Good Luck

With best Wishes
Hitman1376​

Sep 9, 2013
OH ... Sorry I had forgotten that it doesn't have the ability to switch ROM ... But anyway you can try many apps for calibration ... also one other way ... I'm not an Xperia C User but my brother is so would take look at it ... I mean if anyone can boot into recovery , Then you could charge the phone for a period of time to make sure it's full then got into CWM recovery and do a wipe battery state ... It also can be a solution but I should try that myself ... also if you could find some way to boot into recovery , then check if it fixes Or not ... Good Luck

With best Wishes
Hitman1376​

i think CWM is not yet available for this phone ! and i can't use calibration now cuz my phone isn't rooted :(

metalrules321

Oct 18, 2012
Sheffield- Derp Ville
hi guys
any thoughts for me

You can try every calibration method available but you wont rid yourself of the ''battery bug''.

Its a bug in the rom itself that sony has yet to acknowledge. I tried every concieveable ways but the bug still exists. The battery lasts a superb 1.5 days or even two days but the moment it reaches 30-33%, I can literally see the battery level going down in front of my eyes to 13%.:eek:

The wierd thing is that at 13%, it stabilizes and works normally again

hitman1376

Jan 7, 2013
zanjan
Oh Sorry to hear that ...

i think CWM is not yet available for this phone ! and i can't use calibration now cuz my phone isn't rooted :(
Oh I'm sorry to hear that they don't have CWM and in the Other hand ... as I know Rooting is a bit risky in this Device So I recommend to use one of the battery calibration ways I give you here ( tell me if they work ) :
------------------------------- first way : ( works for galaxy S2 )
1. Turn off your phone.
2. Fully Charge.
3. When getting 100% signal, unplug quickly.
4. Pull off the battery and put it anywhere.
5. Wait for 180 seconds exactly (be careful )
6. Meanwhile, take this opportunity to dust off the internal compartment.
7. Put back the battery on the right side.
8. Turn on the phone.
9. Pray the Battery god
10. ... and voilà !
11. After that, you can make some cycle of fully charge/discharge to ~15/20% TO complete the method

------------------------------ way 2 : ( works for galaxy S3 )
- Drain battery till it turns off.
- Get your USB jig and insert it on your s3
- Remove the USB jig and leave it till it turns off.
- Leave it for 5 minutes until the heats wears off
- Charge your phone for 10 minutes
- Turn it on
- Drain til 5%
- Insert USB charger and let it full charge
- Once full charge ( Green light appears )
- Remove charger and Enjoy.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If non Of them worked you can try this app and it may solve your problem ... Good luck

With Best Wishes
Hitman1376​

Sep 9, 2013
Oh I'm sorry to hear that they don't have CWM and in the Other hand ... as I know Rooting is a bit risky in this Device So I recommend to use one of the battery calibration ways I give you here ( tell me if they work ) :
------------------------------- first way : ( works for galaxy S2 )
1. Turn off your phone.
2. Fully Charge.
3. When getting 100% signal, unplug quickly.
4. Pull off the battery and put it anywhere.
5. Wait for 180 seconds exactly (be careful )
6. Meanwhile, take this opportunity to dust off the internal compartment.
7. Put back the battery on the right side.
8. Turn on the phone.
9. Pray the Battery god
10. ... and voilà !
11. After that, you can make some cycle of fully charge/discharge to ~15/20% TO complete the method

------------------------------ way 2 : ( works for galaxy S3 )
- Drain battery till it turns off.
- Get your USB jig and insert it on your s3
- Remove the USB jig and leave it till it turns off.
- Leave it for 5 minutes until the heats wears off
- Charge your phone for 10 minutes
- Turn it on
- Drain til 5%
- Insert USB charger and let it full charge
- Once full charge ( Green light appears )
- Remove charger and Enjoy.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
If non Of them worked you can try this app and it may solve your problem ... Good luck

With Best Wishes
Hitman1376​
first way cannot be done because the battery is built in :rolleyes: second way didn't make any difference at all :( i am trying the app you recommended here . hope it will work

---------- Post added at 07:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:06 PM ----------

You can try every calibration method available but you wont rid yourself of the ''battery bug''.

Its a bug in the rom itself that sony has yet to acknowledge. I tried every concieveable ways but the bug still exists. The battery lasts a superb 1.5 days or even two days but the moment it reaches 30-33%, I can literally see the battery level going down in front of my eyes to 13%.:eek:

The wierd thing is that at 13%, it stabilizes and works normally again

yes you described the issue very well . i am facing the exact same problem on my device . did you try this app
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ignisoft.battery.calibration
if you tried it please give me feed back .
and do you have any information about a new update or something from sony trying to solve this issue ?!