[HELP!] Getting my Verizon S4 working with T-Mobile

Search This thread

calebcabob

Jul 14, 2013
Massachusetts
Hey guys! I'm trying to get my Verizon S4 working for my wife on T-Mobile! She got the LG G3 last night and because she's so tiny, it's like a tablet to her!:)

Anyways, the Verizon S4 is rooted and is still on original MDK firmware. With that said, I'm not too sure exactly which steps in your guide apply to our situation...not having safe strap and all.

With changing the APN settings to match up to my phone (LG G3 on T-Mobile), and inserting a T-Mobile 4G sim card, I'm able to get calls and SMS working over WiFi on the S4...that's it though. No mobile data seems to be coming through. Her mobile signal icon in the status bar keeps switching back n forth from E to H for some reason...but no LTE or 4G icon.

Anyways, is this something anyone thinks they could help with? Or do ya think we're screwed? My sweet wife would be eternally grateful if someone could help to make this happen!!:):):confused:

EDIT: haha, my signature will be changed if I'm able to get this working for her!;)

enmatt

Jul 17, 2006
Aren't you missing something here? Verizon is CDMA, TMo is GSM. I don't see how you can get cell coverage to work unless the phone has dual antennas.

serio22

Jul 1, 2012
Houston
Aren't you missing something here? Verizon is CDMA, TMo is GSM. I don't see how you can get cell coverage to work unless the phone has dual antennas.
Many newer CDMA devices with LTE support have gsm radios as well, that includes sprint and Verizon..

To OP, you may have better luck searching the Verizon forums if nobody replies here