Anker 1800mah

Search This thread

DaKillaWilla

Apr 12, 2009
Had anybody tried the 1800mah batteries made by anker for the epic?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk

lost_

Jan 29, 2010
DC
Hard to search from tapatalk, but I posted my experience on this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1182278

I'm in the process of RMA'ing one of them. The other is good. Seller has been responsive so far.

EDIT: Seller sent the replacement battery quickly and for free. As with the original battery, turned out it was a non-issue. So, all Anker batteries that I received work well. All batteries have 2011-09 timestamps - fresh.

Last edited:

dkcfdf90

Jan 21, 2011
Can this battery be charged in the phone or does it have to be on an external charger?

Sent from my SPH-D700 using xda premium

husher

Apr 19, 2010
it's not that great. their 1500 is better some how.
it does charge in the phone btw, but it take a long time to charge.

garyf

May 29, 2008
The Ankers worked great for me. I got two plus a charger and now they are all I used. I used to carry two spare stock batteries around just in case. Now these two are it. I'd take two of these over three stock batteries any day, even though I know the math does not add up.

They do charge in the phone, but if I actually have to use the spare, then when I get home I charge one in the charger at the same time the phone charges the other. The phone charges faster than the charger, but maybe slower than it charges the stock battery.

I don't have a good way to test how much charge a battery holds though. Is there an app that tracks battery usage so I'd be able to tell how much more charge one battery has than another?

walord

Sep 4, 2010
I bought the Anker 1800mAh batteries and charger for $17 on ebay (maybe cheaper, I don't remember). My wife uses it in her Epic and it easily lasts all day long, no issues. I find it to last almost as long as my stock 1800mAh battery does in my Epic Touch.

No issues with either one, recharging time isn't an issue since it'll last all day and it'll recharge overnight while we're sleeping... Plus that leaves us an 1800mAh and the stock 1500mAh batteries as spares...

garyf

May 29, 2008
www.amazon.com/Anker-Batteries-GT-I9000-Captivate-Multi-purpose/dp/B005HBGXR6/ref=sr_1_sc_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1321638570&sr=8-1-spell

I got them from amazon, 2 for $20 with the free charger. I've bought other batteries before but now can't imagine why anyone with an epic wouldn't get these.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using XDA App

Last edited:

GRK4G63

Ordered from Amazon

I just ordered the 2x1800 mah Anker batteries plus an external charger for about 27 bucks from Amazon. Can't wait to get them and try them out. I think I might've burned through my stock battery a bit faster than usual because it doesn't seem to hold a charge as well as it did, and I was always flashing ROMs and having to re-calibrate the battery every time.

Curiously enough, the stock battery issue seemed to be more pronounced when I went to EI22 and flashed the ACS ICS "F*** it, we'll do it live" v5.5 ROM :D

hmm....could be just in my head, though. It's a great ROM.

ricosuave55

Oct 9, 2007
San Fran
I just got the 2 Anker 1800mAh batteries with the external charger for $20 plus tax (still under $22 with free 2 day shipping using Amazon Prime).

This was a GREAT deal so far, and it's nice to have 2 spare batteries (one extra 1800 and the stock 1500 I've been using for the past year).

This is a bargain and I recommend anyone who has even thought for a sec about getting a spare battery to pick up this deal.

http://www.amazon.com/Anker-Batteri...GXR6/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1323157418&sr=8-1

The only downside I can see so far is that the battery is SLIGHTLY heavier, so the phone feels a little heavier than with the stock battery. I guess it's just physics.

Makes the phone feel more solid.

I had a 100% charge at noon today and so far with pretty heavy use, 12 hours later, I'm at about 44% which isn't bad. In the past I've had to charge in the middle of the day to avoid phone going dead at night.

GRK4G63

Wow!! Anker-licious!

So I finally got my (w)Anker batteries in the mail and charged one up. I installed it, immediately booted to ACS Recovery 5 and wiped battery stats, rebooted, and I've been running the phone uninterrupted ever since. This was very early this morning.

:) So far so good!! Ten + hours and only at 76% after mostly idling, with some moderate Facebooking, Youtubing, and Bluetooth audio streaming thrown in.

Battery fits perfectly in my Epic and zero issues so far.
I wonder how it will behave after the break-in period of 4 to 5 cycles.

Attachments

• snap20111208_111038.jpg
    snap20111208_111038.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 131

stkiswr

Aug 11, 2010
I use the anker 1800 in my wife's epic. It consistently gets 3+ hours over the stock. Well worth the $12 and a real upgrade for us as the stock battery would always give up around the 11hr mark and the same use she gets 14+ hrs w the 1800. Around 3 hour screen on time maybe.

Although in my nexus the anker 1600 seems worse than my stock battery. Worth a try but not an upgrade in a nexus.

TheRidge69

Dec 17, 2011
Vegas BABY!!
Sorry bout that last "post" I was taking the back off my phone lol. Anyway, here's a question:
My wife got the Touch not too long ago. Before, she had what I'm using now, the Epic 4g. When she had the 4g, she was getting such crappy battery life that she bought an xtra one. When I adopted the Epic, she didn't want to give up the battery. (Don't ask me why,she's crazy) But she has been holding onto battery, afraid to put it into her SG2. From reading the posts in here, I'm assuming that she can use her xtra battery (1500mAh) in her SG2. Am I right? I'm sure she wont get nearly as long life as the 1800 that's in her phone now, but she could use the 1500 in a pinch couldn't she? (No matter what the answer is, I'm gonna tell her no so she'll pony up the xtra one lol) But just out of curiosity, would the 1500 work in the SG2?
Thanx,
Ridge :)

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

Naddict

Nov 23, 2011
28.2S, 92.1W
Sorry bout that last "post" I was taking the back off my phone lol. Anyway, here's a question:
My wife got the Touch not too long ago. Before, she had what I'm using now, the Epic 4g. When she had the 4g, she was getting such crappy battery life that she bought an xtra one. When I adopted the Epic, she didn't want to give up the battery. (Don't ask me why,she's crazy) But she has been holding onto battery, afraid to put it into her SG2. From reading the posts in here, I'm assuming that she can use her xtra battery (1500mAh) in her SG2. Am I right? I'm sure she wont get nearly as long life as the 1800 that's in her phone now, but she could use the 1500 in a pinch couldn't she? (No matter what the answer is, I'm gonna tell her no so she'll pony up the xtra one lol) But just out of curiosity, would the 1500 work in the SG2?
Thanx,

yes...i have done exactly what you want to do with no issue. I even have the touch battery in my old epic 4g...no problemo!

Reactions: TheRidge69

TheRidge69

Dec 17, 2011
Vegas BABY!!
Awesome guys thanx. We'll just keep this between us & the hundreds of others on here ;-) The wife has no interest at all in this stuff. She wont even let me so much as root her phone & leave it on stock LOL!
Later y'all,
Ridge :p

Sent from SPH-D700 With a COMPLETE nO0b @ the keyboard. BE NICE :p

iviyth0s

Jul 8, 2009
Awesome guys thanx. We'll just keep this between us & the hundreds of others on here ;-) The wife has no interest at all in this stuff. She wont even let me so much as root her phone & leave it on stock LOL!
Later y'all,
Ridge :p

Sent from SPH-D700 With a COMPLETE nO0b @ the keyboard. BE NICE :p
That's a shame, I bet she would never have needed the Touch if her Epic was rooted from the start :eek:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanx,

yes...i have done exactly what you want to do with no issue. I even have the touch battery in my old epic 4g...no problemo!

+1, you'll/she'll be just fine