ZTE N762 - Android 2.3 and UMX MAX MXE-670 root?

Search This thread

kocoman

Jan 18, 2007
ZTE N762 - Android 2.3 and UMX MAX MXE-670

The page http://www.publicmobile.ca/pmconsumer/phones?lang=en has changed since the previous check.

Added:
+ ZTE N762
+ * Android 2.3
+ * 3.5" touch screen display
+ * Email and web-friendly
+ * 2 MP camera
+ * Speakerphone
+ *
+ Find a store near you
+ Details
+ Max
+ * Android 2.3
+ * 3.2" touch screen display
+ * Email and web-friendly
+ * 3.2 MP camera
+ * Front-facing camera
+ *
+ Find a store near you
+ Details

FCC ID Q78-ZTEN762 ??

msm7627 (based on FCC photos), also have SIM slot in FCC photos

But no hotspot?

https://fjallfoss.fcc.gov/oetcf/eas...e=N&application_id=184108&fcc_id='Q78-ZTEN762
then select: "declaration Letter For hot spot mode"

(direct linking not work)
------
Then

http://umxusa.com/cdma/mxe-670/
QSC6085

Max
Android 2.3
3.2" touch screen display
Email and web-friendly
3.2 MP camera
Front-facing camera

FCC ID ??
---

Has anyone brought one of those yet?

Which phone can be rooted?

toxinburn

Jul 11, 2013
Ward
Moto G Stylus
finally able to see internal files/folders on u670c

Well....I am total noob at rooting and such, however using an app on the umx bravo u670c I was finally able to see into the internal memory which I couldnt do before, and with that I am in the process of copying over all the files/folders onto my pc to take a peek at will take awhile to transfer everything, and much of it will not even copy I am guessing due to the fact I am not root yet, however if any of you that are wizards at this stuff think that anything on internal memory would help on this device in order to get a working root let me know what to look for and I will be happy to upload it....some files that I cannot copy I can at least view as well in a text format that is, alot of it is in plain text like a xml and such.

yeah the connection speed in my area is not that great either

toxinburn

Jul 11, 2013
Ward
Moto G Stylus
pulled the platform.xml

I was able to pull the platform.xml to look at my permissions and such however I cannot have write access curious if anyone knows of some xploit that enables you to gain write in a folder anyway.

Well....I am total noob at rooting and such, however using an app on the umx bravo u670c I was finally able to see into the internal memory which I couldnt do before, and with that I am in the process of copying over all the files/folders onto my pc to take a peek at will take awhile to transfer everything, and much of it will not even copy I am guessing due to the fact I am not root yet, however if any of you that are wizards at this stuff think that anything on internal memory would help on this device in order to get a working root let me know what to look for and I will be happy to upload it....some files that I cannot copy I can at least view as well in a text format that is, alot of it is in plain text like a xml and such.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Real Method WITHOUT flashing chinese ROM

New METHOD!!!! I have finally found a way to root the n762. This method uses a clockworkmod recovery that i found online but lost the source link too.(I had like 20 tabs open at once and must of closed the tab,now i cant find it.)Credits to whoever compiled the recovery.
    Steps.

Download the recovery.img
    Download update.zip

using adb type: adb reboot bootloader

using fastboot type: fastboot flash recovery c:\recovery.img (make sure the img is in c: or just replace with the path to the .img)

when its done flashing type fastboot reboot

when phone is booted put the update.zip on the root of your sdcard

use adb and type: adb reboot recovery

the recovery will be upside down but its close to fully functional(adb doesn't work as well as some other things but it doesn't matter)

apply the update.zip from sdcard and you will be fully rooted!!

GOOD LUCK everyone
    No Luck

I've been looking for a way to root my MAX for the last few days.
    Drivers I have tried havent worked.
    And I cant find any device drivers for Teleepoch or UMX phones.
    Here's more on the device: h.ttp://umxphones.com/cdma/mxe-670
    I think its gonna be quite a while before the driver ends up on: h.ttp://developer.android.com/sdk/oem-usb.html
    So in the meanwhile I emailed Unimax to see if they would provide one.
    Ideally i want to root the device just to get a few apps off of it that i never use and that take up valuable storage space that were installed by the carrier.

Ill keep looking and post if i find anything!
    How do you root this phone? Someone on here must have a method? I have tried evry exploit there is and every one-click to no success. If we had a custom recovery it would be easy, but i dont think there is one. Also, are there any stock images or tools to flash back to stock if we screw something up while trying to root it?(ie, odin,lgdp,or other similar tools?)

Also, every method i have tried keeps saying read-only filesystem for /system mount. Is there a nandlock or something?

I even tried using nautilus from ubuntu with root permissions and the phone in download mode to write to /system but it doesn't work.
    @sersoft2 glad it worked for you!
    Not sure about the max?Don't have one to test.