The Developer Search

Search This thread

Rebellos

Senior Recognized Developer
May 13, 2009
Gdańsk
Too bad Wave isn't popular, or available at all in USA. There is many good devs who could pay interest to Wave if they only could have it... :<

nbates66

Apr 2, 2011
Launceston
Does anyone know someone I could contact or knows personally at Cyanogenmod?

Someone said that maybe I should contact them, via PM and I didn't think it was a bad idea.

try an irc channel perhaps?
@ irc.freenode.net: #CMSGS

can sometimes find supercurio there.
but please don't go asking for help there if you don't know what help your asking for... :p

shekharsom

Feb 20, 2011
OnePlus 8 Pro
OnePlus Nord
Guys, this thread was about getting some new developers for Andro port. Can we please stick to that topic? There are hundreds of other threads that talk about whats cool with bada and whats not.

Thanks in advance for understanding an respecting the project/thread.

badelemental

Jan 4, 2011
Bangalore
I asked teamhacksung for help. and here is the reply-
Without having a device, it's not possible to work on it.
And we're very busy working on the devices we're already supporting.
There's no free time to work on another device.

looks like the developer search is going no where because this device does Not get sold world wide. so our last hope is rebellos & team. Sh..t only if i could do something but my fuc...g little knowdge of prog arnt goona help.

Last edited:

KrazyKong

Nov 8, 2010
I asked teamhacksung for help. and here is the reply-

looks like the developer search is going no where because this device does Not get sold world wide. so our last hope is rebellos & team. Sh..t only if i could do something but my fuc...g little knowdge of prog arnt goona help.

Makes me think that along with finding a possible developer, we need to be in a position to give them a phone for the project as well. We already have a Donation thread where money is being collected. There aren't any real clear goals as to what the money is specifically for, but I think getting phones to send out to developers who are willing to and have the skills to work on this project is a must.

Razyre

Oct 4, 2011
If used phones were grabbed, from say e-bay or the like, it'd be much more ideal. Then we won't be paying for new phones, but still those that are perfectly usable.

[Offtopic] MonteDroid

Hey guys..
I know this is offtopic.
Still as a Developer & Project Leader in MonteDroid, i request you guys to help us with the MonteDroid Project.
For people who dont know what MonteDroid is,
MonteDroid - Porting of Android to Samsung Monte.
Samsung Monte has ARM1136 Processor which is capable of running Android..
We're trying to make dual boot by modifying the bootloader of the Samsung Monte..
If anyone interested joining us,
Mail me
Thanks!

Last edited:

naoentrar

Oct 26, 2010
Espinho
I already tryed to talk to him but I got few knowledge about the work needed.
He said that he had no knowledge in driver assembley.

adfree

Jun 14, 2008
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Samsung Galaxy S22
a quick search found this:

Good news...
It seems possible since May 2011... :cool:

Monte is Broadcom based...

Bad but known news...
Ok I think its time to lock this topic, no-one has said anything usefull in it for ages
if the montedroid developers want to they are free to create another topic but this one needs locking as it is just getting flooded

:rolleyes:

Leider wieder in die Hose gegangen... weil man sich mit der Problematik BL nicht auseinadersetzen kann/will... JTAG alle doof finden.
Bloß #$Un?lock geil ist... :rolleyes:

Ich lade nun seit mehr als 10 Stunden die bl. Firmware von Monti Peiton und bei der Suche hab ich mir noch nen verdammte Troj. eingefangen...

Bl.der Sch. :)

Translation. :D
Maybe S7250/S5380 User can work together with Monte Android.

Good luck.

Best Regards

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    It's 2.3 port, doing it from scratch. Like nothing is working for now, and I'm working on it like once per 2 weeks, people from kernelnewbies.org are kinda helpful against my noobie questions.
    I've got 2.2 port sources, and I'm using them to compare init sequences, GPIOs and so on.
    I figured I may as well make a topic for this.

The main purpose today, is to find developers to help with the development of the Android - Wave/Bada port.

Specifically there is development needed for kernel drivers, for the modem, battery sensor etc. However, current developers are not capable of doing this work themselves and need help.

I've tried my hardest to get as far as possible as far as this search is concerned and am still trying to find people to help but I feel a little alone looking all on my own and I'd love some help, since I'm not even a developer at all and I don't really understand what all the technology speak is about!

I'm going to use this topic as a resource bank, for all the links, all the people I find, all the tutorials to try and help etc.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Info from Rebellos:

"We need someone familiar with low level Linux and/or ARM development, or has got open brain and alot of time to learn it. What is needed is to bring GB or newer ARMLinux (Android) kernel drivers to work basing on Samsung I9000/M110/M120/M130K and similiar kernel sources. UART port+UART JIG are pretty mandatory for this work, and of course S8500/S8530 phone."

"Someone with deep known about linux on low level would be very useful aswell. As I just got near zero experience and knowledge with linux and got stuck for example when tried to mount MMC interfaces in GB kernel, abandoned it after few hours of tries. I believe dev with enough know-how knowledge would know how to do it in few minutes."

Android development page - http://source.android.com/source/downloading.html

Google Android Kernel Development Group - http://groups.google.com/group/android-kernel

Androidian - Various android developments (possibly drivers?) http://www.androidian.de/?page_id=128

Intelligraphics - Android driver development -http://www.intelligraphics.com/android-driver-development-0

e-consystems development - http://www.e-consystems.com/androidservices.asp

8/12/11

The above are the first few sources I've found. I have not contacted any of these sites yet, neither do I really know what they actually provide specifically. I'm quite tired as of now and am going to do so later.

Please, anyone who can help me look and has the time do so. Say here you're going to help in this topic or PM me.

Long live the Wave!
    Thanks for this thread, I'm also looking for help by myself and found some on kernelnewbies.org IRC (I'm literally kernel newbie :D), so got touchscreen driver working in GB - it's the easiest one, as it's almost identical to SGS driver, but still happy to see ANYTHING fully working (appears so) in my port from scratch xD

<7>[TSP]### Finger[0] Down (244,101) - fingerid=0 status=0xc0
    <7>qt irq handler
    <7>[TSP]### Finger[1] Down (187,295) - fingerid=1 status=0xc0
    <7>qt irq handler
    <7>[TSP]### Finger[0] Up (244,101) - fingerid=0 status=0x20
    <7>qt irq handler
    <7>[TSP]### Finger[0] Down (243,476) - fingerid=0 status=0xc0
    <7>qt irq handler
    <7>[TSP]### Finger[1] Up (187,295) - fingerid=1 status=0x20
    <7>qt irq handler
    <7>[TSP]### Finger[0] Up (243,476) - fingerid=0 status=0x20
    <7>qt irq handler
    <7>[TSP]### Finger[1] Down (315,617) - fingerid=1 status=0xc0
    <7>qt irq handler
    <7>qt irq handler
    <7>qt irq handler
    <7>[TSP]### Finger[0] Down (250,435) - fingerid=0 status=0xc0
    Thanks, been using diff done by nbates for me. It's helpful.

Now I connected my forces with guy from JetDroid, it has got basically the same AP-CP protocol. We've got first 2 packets from CP, though it's all very tough todo. The protocol they're using in bada differs alot more from Android's Samsung Virtual Net as I supposed. Only general concept is the same, but driver has to be written from scratch, then packet handlers have to come, which means writing RIL almost from scratch - using reference vendor RIL provided by Google.

So much for modem driver - now I've got precise information, and with every day they're becoming even more precise and detailed. Still need someone who brings the rest of drivers alive. Too bad day is limited to 24 hours only, and making documentation for modem is very time expensive process. :<
    Finaly preferred make donation for our team who works to many time.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1389611

Thank's for your support !!!