[rom] tbm v.0.4.1 [fb21][02/24/2012]

Search This thread

wytecaztle

Mar 27, 2008
Atlanta
Working pretty good...chrome browser works froze once....still testing it out now. Any speed tweaks in the works?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA App

smccall

Jun 3, 2011
Whiteland, Indiana

I just flashed this and so far im very impressed i will check the gps and will let you know but so far it is running very smooth and fast. Keeper of the deving thing you're doing great job thank you for the rom. I myself can't wait for this to be seen I'm very impressed.

Gps locked on in 6sec while inside my house and was rigjt on the mark as far as driving directions will test that out tomorrow but I love the new google speech to text it's working great

---------- Post added at 07:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:53 PM ----------

Leave the camera on 8m or it will cause phone to freez up. It doesnt have the option to save the pics to external sd card. Can't switch to any keyboard. Little stuff so far.

Last edited:

ejdavis

Apr 10, 2009
If I use Rouge recovery, will I be able to still uses rom because its less is the new kernel right that is not compare compatible with this rom?

smccall

Jun 3, 2011
Whiteland, Indiana
If I use Rouge recovery, will I be able to still uses rom because its less is the new kernel right that is not compare compatible with this rom?

i just used mobile odin and flashed it and it works perfect. if your on cm9 alpha 3.1 it will break 3g. the rom is alot snappier after i flashed it

---------- Post added at 08:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:08 PM ----------

Taking video phone is freezing. Tried twice. Battery pull required.

i can second that

AreOh

Oct 19, 2010
Looks good so far. I will definitely have to check back once most of the kinks are worked out, if any.

digweed4me

Oct 22, 2010
dallas, tx
Is gps nav working on this build?
is this using kernel 3.0 repack with rogue recovery? i am on fb17 with fb15 modem with repack kernel and recovery from steady hawkin and dont lose cwm after reboot.

any screenshot would be nice?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey Gents,
    I'm new to this whole Rom Dev thing, but basically this is the "The Black Mamba" Rom.
    I made it really for myself to see what i could do, and cuz I hate alot of the bloat the stock rom comes with, and wanted some AOSP in the mix. Please no flamming this is my first Rom. Please let me know of any bugs or issues and i will do my absolute best to fix them. All help if any is welcome.

IF YOU BRICK, BREAK, OR BUST YOUR PHONE, ITS NOT MY FAULT,
    there are issues with this rom but im figuring it out
    day after day :D
    you have been warned ;)

Thanks go to Calkulins, Team Rouge, ACSyndicate, dsixda, Hawking/Blue1k, smccall, rayandreas.

DL Here

V.0.4.1 Change-log
    -Updated base/modem to FB21
    -added AOSP keyboard, calculator, browser, camera(pan/video fc), mms, & gallery
    -Moved maps/books/gmail/talk/voice search/youtube to /data
    -added DSP manager
    -Prl/profile update fixed
    -Nova Launcher updated to V.1.0

*OLDER* Versions

DL Hotfile
    Mirror Dev-Host

V.0.3 Change-log
    -More Build Prop edits
    -Improved 3g speeds
    -More Picture/video quality tweaks
    -Android debugging icon gone
    -Extra speed tweak

DL http://hotfile.com/dl/147256101/0cd0923/TBM.FB17.V.0.2.zip.html

V.0.2 Change-log
    -Removed more bloat
    -Removed useless sounds(shutdown sounds, camera)
    -Build Prop Tweaks(gpu rendering, pic quality, power saving tweaks & more)
    -Reverted back to stock camera (for now due to fc's with the AOSP Camera)
    -Included AdRemove Hosts
    -Some more tiny things (Remember I'm new, taking this step by step)
    -Flash fixed
    -Gallery fixed when picking wallpapers

DL http://dev-host.org/tF7

V.0.1 change-log [initial release]
    - Deleted bloat (Most Tw apps ie kies, photo editor, office app, extra fonts, still some left to remove)
    - Has S.U.
    - Has AOSP Camera
    - Removed TW Camera/Tw Launcher/AOSP Launcher
    - Included FB15 Modem
    - Default launcher is NOVA

Issues
    - Lose your recovery
    - temp fix to get recovery back, odin this kernel http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1390393

Up Comming
    - Theme this bad boy
    - Hopefully Onscreen Nav Buttons
    - AOSP Apps (Camera, calc, and anything else i feel like) :)

Screenshots
    E1PZcye3

ojeZY2uk

Fpy7NMYB

yPvu1zrD

How to install:
    -Download from link above
    -Place ZIP in root of sdcard or internal memory of your phone
    -Reboot into recovery (power off phone, press and hold vol+ and pwr till boot splash appears)
    -Wipe data/cache/dalvik-cache
    -Flash Zip (my rom on your sdcard/internal memory)
    -Reboot
    -Enjoy/Hate (Even Jesus Had Haters)
    -*Comment Below with feedback(no flamming plz)
    can't wait for someone to theme fb17 ics in a rom

im currently working on theming this but, its going to be a green black based of of myn warm themes (i run that on my evo) but alot less htc sense ish
    OP Updated with V.0.3, Feedback/Positive criticism welcome :)
    a bro, thanks for tis! i was just downloading v2 wen i saw v3...sweet! but, now I have to wait 30 minutes... oh well.its worth the wait,unless there is a mirror ;)

im just wiping all and doing a fresh flash?

We really appreciate you doing this work for us around here! Keep up the great work!

Man, bro! I just posted this and went back to op and you had a mirror!!! sweet!
    Thanks,man!
    no I dont personally because it could cause problems if its a bad flash. notice every other rom out there besides tar files have it as a seperate. flash. must be a reason dont you think. also if someone wanted to say have theirek02 modem cuz it works better. they have to reinstall it. just added steps. new modems sont always work the best especially if it a leaked modem. imho

alright good to know will update OP with new link without modem soon as i can