[INFO] Eugenes new cm7 build R6 Final FINAL Updated OP

Search This thread

idtheftvictim

Dec 26, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Please use this thread for discussion.

Link up and running: Get it Here! CM7 373R6.

I Am Not AFFILIATED with the CyanogenMOD Team.. Any Comments by me are not the views of CyanogenMOD!

Please Read ENTIRE Post

CyanogenMod is a free, community built, aftermarket firmware distribution of Android 2.3 (Gingerbread), which is designed to increase performance and reliability over stock Android for your device.

Code:
#include <std_disclaimer.h>
/*
* Your warranty is now void.
* I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
* thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
* do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
* before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
* you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you.
*/CyanogenMod is based on the Android Open Source Project with extra contributions from many people within the Android community. It can be used without any need to have any Google application installed. Linked below is a package that has come from another Android project that restore the Google parts. CyanogenMod does still include various hardware-specific code, which is also slowly being open-sourced anyway.

****THIS IS A TESTING PHASE ROM THERE WILL BE ISSUES.****
This is an Beta 5 release & Based on Slayher CM7 Build, but you should find it stable for everyday use.

**Known Issues**
~ Join Contacts don't work correctly
~ APN Lost on Airplane Mode
~ Render FX Not working
~ Youtube Fast Forward is Broken

INSTRUCTIONS:
- First time flashing CM 7 to your Galaxy S2 (or coming from another ROM)?
1. Unlock/root your device and install Clockwork Recovery via ROM Manager
2. Do a Nandroid backup!
3. WIPE
4. Install the ROM

- Second time flashing
1. Do a Factory Wipe
2. Format System

~ If Coming from ICS
1. Use / Google DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip
2. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE_EXT4.zip
3. Flash CM7_373R4.zip

Download:

T-Mobile T989 SGS2:
CM7_373R6.zip

Last edited:

BaconStep

Jan 31, 2012
Las Vegas
Here is his tweet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1332509675740.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1332509675740.jpg
    19 KB · Views: 4,487

Laazyboy

Feb 14, 2011
it's improved from the older CM7 builds right? Didn't those have more bugs than just the GPS-audio thing

idtheftvictim

Dec 26, 2010
Charlotte, NC
He will post it sometime this weekend per his tweet. He has stated that the ONLY bug is the GPS/audio bug, he has included a new kernal also...I can't wait!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

sarni84

May 17, 2011
Levittown, PA
Well i know the one bug with lockscreen was if u made the middle ring your lockscreen or should i say your main lock it bootlooped correct me if i am wrong.....also thanx eugene this is awesome getting bored with tw:eek:

Last edited:

Rod3

Jun 12, 2009
Fort Worth, Texas
Yeah, I had it on my Nexus One as well. Never liked that set up so the bug never affected me. I always used the middle ring to launch apps (camera, Gmail, FB, etc...).

Beefvvl

Sep 11, 2010
San Diego
Eugene! Do you think you may work with Brint Kriebel to get CM9 working? He's looking for someone to help him out.

Last edited:

Rod3

Jun 12, 2009
Fort Worth, Texas
Eugene! Do you think you may work with Brint Kriebel to get CM9 working? He's looking for someone to help him out.

As much as I would love some CM7, any help to speed up the process for CM9 would be greatly appreciated.

Eugene, thank you for breathing life back into the Dev section. Seems like the whole forum is a-buzz and anxiously awaiting your work.

jaroque

Jun 20, 2006
NFC and Wifi calling never worked on CM7 as well. Wifi calling is weird because it's actually baked into the ROM instead of an app like other phones.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Confirm or Denied:

Confirm or Denied:

Even though there is a leak now for ICS, I'm not stopping the work on CM7, I'm almost finished with it and most issue are taken care of at this point..

I feel it's in the best interest for the Community for me to get it as stable as I can then move onto messing with the ICS leak..

~Eugene
    Happy Easter!

I didn't upload anything as of yet.... Even though I got issue fixed in the kernel, I noticed that there's something draining the battery via the Android OS.

I'm trying to figure out what it is at the moment. I had packaged everything up & ready to post, but like always I flash the Rom I was posting & battery issue's are back.

Hot-plug fix
    CPU1 Goes Offline
    Deepsleep works..

just at a lose as to what is causing the drain from hell, I know I caused it because I can't make it past 8hrs of using the phone & this very very light use at that.....

Have family stuff today, did family stuff Sat. as well, hence I didn't reply until now.

~Eugene
    np, just burnt out trying to figure out the usb / adb issue with the kernel..

5pm friday to 3pm Sat. and a total time of being awake 43hrs.

Slept in this morning until 12:30 :D

once my boy goes to bed tonight I'll be back at it again.
    Night@XDA

Going to bed, been up over 36hrs working on Kernel issue's

Final results will be 2 Kernel's
    A. Working ADB mode for Dev's / Tinkers
    B. USB Storage Mode working for mounting SD to pc ( Both SD's )

Second.....

Working on Rebuilding CM7 from the latest source & Hoping to fix most of what I can..

Likely I'll easly sleep 12+ hours so I'm taking Sunday completely off from android & cutting my Grass!
    setting.apk
    settingprovider.apk
    systemUI.apk

will fix the usb problem & yes most if not all CM7 kernel will work...

was trying to get it more stable but I'm moving to ICS now, already have ICS back installed & working on a Kernel for us as well.

~Eugene