Search This thread

ziggy46

Aug 18, 2011
Chambersburg, Pa

govindar77

Feb 25, 2007
New Jersey
Hi there Craigtut,

Thank you for the ROM. I'd like to try it, but I have a couple of questions, first.

1. Is this based off the latest ICS leak - 2.14.531.3 - or the previous one?

2. Can we use a work around with the lockscreen issue - where you have to unlock to answer - with an alternate, like GoLocker?

Thanks.

misfit61871

Apr 10, 2011
Provo,UT
is there a way to also keep/add the htc camera ?

I believe all you need to do is just replace the camera apk. Extract three HTC camera from a stock ROM and replace it and set perms and your done.

Edit: Actually this ROM has the HTC camera it's just themed.

Edit: After flashing v 1.1 I realized that it's the ICS camera, I like it but it's missing some of the features from the HTC camera like macro and burst, I may switch back.

Sent from the morgue.

Last edited:

misfit61871

Apr 10, 2011
Provo,UT
Ok how come I can't get the camera from beta 1 to work on beta 1.1? I put it in data/app and replaced the stock cam apk, but it just finishes saying "application not installed." Tried in system/app as well, set perms to rw-r--r-- and same thing.

ziggy46

Aug 18, 2011
Chambersburg, Pa
Ok how come I can't get the camera from beta 1 to work on beta 1.1? I put it in data/app and replaced the stock cam apk, but it just finishes saying "application not installed." Tried in system/app as well, set perms to rw-r--r-- and same thing.

ok heres how you do it...

#1- delete existing camera

#2- put new camera in /system/app

#3- set permissions to rw-r--r--

#4- reboot phone

now it should work

Reactions: misfit61871

misfit61871

Apr 10, 2011
Provo,UT
ok heres how you do it...

#1- delete existing camera

#2- put new camera in /system/app

#3- set permissions to rw-r--r--

#4- reboot phone

now it should work

Ok, I think what I did wrong was NOT uninstalling the stock cam apk. Thanks for clearing that up.

EDIT:Yep that was the ticket, Thanks again dude!

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Hey BTW craigtut, I'm loving this ICS themed ROM best, Thanks for your time making this!

Last edited:

ziggy46

Aug 18, 2011
Chambersburg, Pa
Ok, I think what I did wrong was NOT uninstalling the stock cam apk. Thanks for clearing that up.

EDIT:Yep that was the ticket, Thanks again dude!

---------- Post added at 01:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:11 PM ----------

Hey BTW craigtut, I'm loving this ICS themed ROM best, Thanks for your time making this!

no problem man. :D

craigtut

Aug 1, 2010
is there a way to also keep/add the htc camera ?

I'll be probably working on a customization tool next. Basically you will install the default Rom first and then run the tool to customize it. It will definitely have the option to add back in the Htc Camera.

Hi there Craigtut,

Thank you for the ROM. I'd like to try it, but I have a couple of questions, first.

1. Is this based off the latest ICS leak - 2.14.531.3 - or the previous one?

2. Can we use a work around with the lockscreen issue - where you have to unlock to answer - with an alternate, like GoLocker?

Thanks.

Its based off of the older Ics leak. I honestly don't know what the difference is. One post said it was just an updated radio.

As for the lockscreen issue... I haven't tested it yet but in theory it should work right with something like Go Locker. I know Widget Locker you have to unlock first just like the stock lockscreen.

spiz516

Mar 25, 2010
Question... Can I remove beats audio somehow? I think it sounds awful and I believe it is conflicting with other equalizer apps that are built to go with the stock android music player.

Beats is just a bass increase with no control, whereas I like the unlimited adjustments with an equalizer.

Any help in getting rid of Beats would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Beats is just a bass increase with no control, whereas I like the unlimited adjustments with an equalizer.
beats is a lot more than bass enhancement... it's actually quite good software processing, you can really hear it with a good pair of IEMs or some Sony MDR7506's (beats headphones are crap, sorry, but I dig the software processing!) it enhances the full spectrum, not just the low end...

Reactions: Oguti1985@gmail.com

craigtut

Aug 1, 2010
How do I get to the beats audio settings?

Sent from the morgue.

There are no config tools for it.

Is this using the old ICS RUU base or the new one?

Its just the old one.

Question... Can I remove beats audio somehow? I think it sounds awful and I believe it is conflicting with other equalizer apps that are built to go with the stock android music player.

Any help in getting rid of Beats would be much appreciated. Thanks!

Ya... I think I will and let people add beats as an upgrade.

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using XDA

spiz516

Mar 25, 2010
beats is a lot more than bass enhancement... it's actually quite good software processing, you can really hear it with a good pair of IEMs or some Sony MDR7506's (beats headphones are crap, sorry, but I dig the software processing!) it enhances the full spectrum, not just the low end...

Well that's just it, I do think it sounds good with headphones (I have the Klipsch s4 buds), but it's very distorted sounding in my car, where an equalizer sounds better. Not sure why.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Fourth%20Bar.jpg

This is still a beta version! I haven't had a ton of time to perfect this so expect some graphical issues here and there. You must be currently running Ics or you need to flash the Ruu first before installing!

Important! Beta 3 has a couple of issues still and is more of a preview of RC1! The signal bars don't display your signal strength and wifi calling is currently locked on! (Temp fixed in Beta 3.2) Further updates will come in the form of OTA updates. (see below)

Downloads

Fourth Bar Nexus Beta 3

Updates
    (Only flash after flashing 3.0 | Do not wipe data! Just the Cache!)

Fourth Bar Nexus Beta 3.2.1

Features:
    • Built on Ice Cream Sandwich | Stock Base - 2.14.531.3_R2
    • OTA Updater
    • Trebuchet Launcher
    • Superuser Access
    • Speed Tweaks
    • Senseless
    • AOSP Themed
    • AOSP Ringtones and Notifications
    • AOSP Apps

Issues:

1. Signal bars don't display the signal strength
    2. Wifi Calling permanently off (Error will pop up sometimes, just reboot)

Installation:

1. You must have Ics already running on your Phone!
    2. Always Backup First!
    3. Complete Wipe of System and Both Caches
    4. Flash in Recovery
    5. If updating to 3.2.1 you need to have 3.0 installed first, don't Wipe the System... only the Cache

Getting Further Updates:
    • You will now find an app called OTA updater.
    • I'm still experimenting with it and if it doesn't work well I may eventually just remove it.
    • To update, open app and it will check if there are any updates.
    • If there are updates it will download them, reboot, and install.
    • If it doesn't reboot automatically (ext4 won't), just reboot manually into your recovery and it will install.

If you would like to contribute:

If you figure out how to make something look more like the Galaxy Nexus definitely Pm me a screenshot and let me know the changes made. I would love the help! Just know that I'm rather picky about they way it looks so if it doesn't bring the Rom closer to looking like the GN then I won't include it in. I don't mean to be a jerk, I just have high standards for the way it looks. Also, keep track of the changes you make so I can add in the edited images or edited Xml files to the original files that I have. I am constantly making changes and will need to add in your changes to the latest files that I have.

Well I hope you all enjoy this and remember to hit the THANKS button if you like it! :D
    If you are on Google+ click on my link below and follow along to receive updates!
    ScreenshotsFBN.png

Change-log:

Code:
    Fourth Bar Nexus Beta 3.2.1
    ------------------------------------
    -Battery and Speed Tweaks
    -Ics Boot Animation Again (Sorry, but it will overwrite your current one.  Last time I swear!)
    -OTA Updater for further updates (For real this time)

Fourth Bar Nexus Beta 3.2
    -Removed Wifi Calling Completely
    -Notification bar changed slightly
    -Ics Boot Animation (Sorry, but it will overwrite your current one)
    -Many Speed Tweaks!!!

Fourth Bar Nexus Beta 3
    -Rebuilt on latest Ruu
    -Senseless Finally!
             -Added Aosp Settings
             -Added Aosp Notification Bar
             -Added Aosp Contacts & Dialer
             -Added Aosp Phone
    -No more unlocking to answer!
    -Advanced Power Menu
    -No major battery or speed tweaks... yet   :)

Fourth Bar Nexus Beta 1.1 [URL="http://d-h.st/YzF"]Download[/URL]
    --------------------------------------
    -Added Beats Audio for all apps
    -Adreno Drivers Updated (2d Rendering Doubles)
    -Ics Camera (Camera Ics w/ ads removed)  
           *I got special permission from the dev to remove them.
           *This fixes the issues with the camera and gallery interfacing
           *If you like the camera you can buy the + version [URL="https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.moblynx.cameraicsplus&feature=search_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwyLDEsImNvbS5tb2JseW54LmNhbWVyYWljc3BsdXMiXQ.."]Here[/URL] as a donation to the developer.
    -Fixed Calendar Issues
    -Small Graphical fix
    -Battery Improvements

Fourth Bar Nexus Beta 1 - [URL="http://d-h.st/bx5"]Download[/URL]
    -Initial Release

Want a cool awesome signature?

Fourth_bar_nexus_symbol.png
    fourthbarnexusbannerv2.png

Get Them Here!

hasoon2000 - Complete Stock Base
    VladBelsky - Advice on Senseless Rom Framework
    2kwic25 - Advanced Power Menu
    Shnizlon - Aosp Apps
    superevilllama - Theming help
    ziggy46 - Signature Graphics
    Donhu - Early theme help
    Many more on Xda!

Well I hope you all enjoy this and remember to hit the THANKS button if you like it! :D
    Alright, to everyone that is still following along... you've been very patient! Beta 3 has now been uploaded!!!

This version has just about ALL of sense removed and replaced with its Aosp counter part.

-Contacts
    -Dialer
    -Phone
    -Notification Bar
    -Settings
    -Usb Interface

Why is it still beta? Well there are a couple problems that are still being worked on but are going to take a while longer to fix. Right now Wifi Calling is locked on and the signal bars in the notification bar don't work. Once these get fixed, it should be moved to an RC1 status!
    Update: In playing with root files I've gotten the Aosp Contacts, Dialer, and Phone to work. Aside from a glitchy status bar my phone feels completely like Aosp.

I just need to find the time to make a complete Rom with them baked in!

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda app-developers app
    Well, testing was looking good. I got the Aosp status bar working but then ran into some snags. Its going to be a while longer, but I am working on the next version and it should be a major release using Aroma installer.