[Recovery] Safestrap Recovery V3.0 [11/07/2012 V3.05.x] [All Versions]

Search This thread

GoClifGo05

Jul 1, 2012
Maryland
***All Credit to Hashcode***
Take a minute to donate to Hashcode if you like his work: http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4243514

Posted by Hashcode on Page 9:

Updated Safestrap for RAZR-HD/Atrix-HD to v3.12:

Download the APK Installer Here for "RAZR-HD/ATRIX-HD"
md5sum: 9b3d75e84c06d1e71af1bf1bad57faf3
FOLLOW THESE INSTRUCTIONS: How to Safestrap

CHANGES:
[01/04] (3.12) Fix initial file selector location for backup/restore
[12/29] (3.11) Allow use of custom updater-binary in .zip files for flashing on stock ROM (virtual slots still use prebuilt updater-binary in recovery).
[12/29] (3.11) BUGFIX: Fixed fake flash error at the end of a .zip install. (No real error, .zip installs fine)
[12/29] (3.10) Early support for booting custom ROMs on stock partitions. * STILL TESTING -- BUGGY*
[12/29] (3.10) Enable flashing to stock ROM
After .zip installations, nandroid restore or system wipe on the stock ROM: the current Safestrap files are restored to the system partition (Doesn't include the APK in /data -- so if you're restoring an old backup, be sure to update the Safestrap APK)
During the Safestrap files restore a check is done to be sure there are minimal files on /system to re-enter Safestrap
[12/27] (3.07) Bugfix: missed some changes in Safestrap 3.06
[12/26] (3.06) Bugfix/Update for JB4.1 OTA for DroidRAZR (Non-JB devices can also use)

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
- The entire TWRP team who has built an AMAZING recovery system.
- The testers (BigDX) which have helped in past and present versions of Safestrap, knowing that it could mean they brick their devices.

As always let Hashcode know what you think!!!

Last edited:

GoClifGo05

Jul 1, 2012
Maryland
For users running jellybean leak only
INSTRUCTIONS for getting STOCK running on a rom-slot:

[ EDIT: 11/15, Removed fix-rom-slot.zip from instructions. It's no longer needed and screws up paid apps. ]

STEPS:

1. Install Safestrap 3 from the above notes
2. Reboot into recovery
3. Make a backup of your stock rom slot
4. Go into "Boot Options" and create a new rom-slot (if you haven't) -- 1GB data is probably good enough for most users
5. Once that is created it may say "rom slot: off" at the top, make sure to go back into the new rom-slot and use "Activate" button
6. Now use the "Restore" button on the main menu to restore the backup you made of stock to the new rom-slot
7. When that's done restoring, use "Wipe" -> "Factory Reset" and then "Dalvik Cache" from the main menu
8. At this point you should have a full working copy of the stock MotoBlur ROM on a rom-slot which you can flash and modify w/o fear of bricking.
9. Reboot and enjoy

IF USERS on STOCK ICS want a method for getting that onto a rom-slot as well, let Hashcode know.

Last edited:

dustin4863

Jul 3, 2010
When I open up the apk it closes and says unfortunately safe strap has stopped working

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1352331276460.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1352331276460.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 3,221

dustin4863

Jul 3, 2010
Your signature says GNex... hoping you have a HD too? Also have you allowed installation from unknown sources and did you check the md5 sum of the download??? I haven't personally tried this yet but if you look and respond here http://www.droidrzr.com/index.php/t...-v30-11072012-v305x-all-versions/page__st__20 you can see that others have gotten it installed fine...

yeah with the new 4.2 camera everything thinks it's a gnex. any way be sure that you have updated your binary's or you'll look like a dumb ass like me. but all is well now had to flash back to the stock backup it wouldn't allow me to download paid apps it said no room on internal or sd card

Reactions: leyvatron

GoClifGo05

Jul 1, 2012
Maryland
The paid apps thing seems to be a common issue people are having... awaiting Hashcodes response to it.

Sent via Xparent Cyan Tapatalk 2

GoClifGo05

Jul 1, 2012
Maryland
Ok, response from Hashcode over on the original thread: "If you have ANY problems using this what-so-ever feel free to swap back to Stock while I work out the details. I don't have a RAZR-HD to test on so I'm sort of shooting from the hip"

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ***All Credit to Hashcode***
    Take a minute to donate to Hashcode if you like his work: http://xdaforums.com/member.php?u=4243514

Posted by Hashcode on Page 9:

CHANGES:
    [01/04] (3.12) Fix initial file selector location for backup/restore
    [12/29] (3.11) Allow use of custom updater-binary in .zip files for flashing on stock ROM (virtual slots still use prebuilt updater-binary in recovery).
    [12/29] (3.11) BUGFIX: Fixed fake flash error at the end of a .zip install. (No real error, .zip installs fine)
    [12/29] (3.10) Early support for booting custom ROMs on stock partitions. * STILL TESTING -- BUGGY*
    [12/29] (3.10) Enable flashing to stock ROM
    After .zip installations, nandroid restore or system wipe on the stock ROM: the current Safestrap files are restored to the system partition (Doesn't include the APK in /data -- so if you're restoring an old backup, be sure to update the Safestrap APK)
    During the Safestrap files restore a check is done to be sure there are minimal files on /system to re-enter Safestrap
    [12/27] (3.07) Bugfix: missed some changes in Safestrap 3.06
    [12/26] (3.06) Bugfix/Update for JB4.1 OTA for DroidRAZR (Non-JB devices can also use)

SPECIAL THANKS TO:
    - The entire TWRP team who has built an AMAZING recovery system.
    - The testers (BigDX) which have helped in past and present versions of Safestrap, knowing that it could mean they brick their devices.

As always let Hashcode know what you think!!!
    I have a few things I'm going to try for the paid app fix.

Feel free to monitor the other thread or follow me on twitter for updates:
    @hashcode0f

Sent from my XT894 using Tapatalk 2

CHANGES:
    • [01/04] (3.12) Fix initial file selector location for backup/restore
    • [12/29] (3.11) Allow use of custom updater-binary in .zip files for flashing on stock ROM (virtual slots still use prebuilt updater-binary in recovery).
    • [12/29] (3.11) BUGFIX: Fixed fake flash error at the end of a .zip install. (No real error, .zip installs fine)
    • [12/29] (3.10) Early support for booting custom ROMs on stock partitions. * STILL TESTING -- BUGGY*
    • [12/29] (3.10) Enable flashing to stock ROM
      • After .zip installations, nandroid restore or system wipe on the stock ROM: the current Safestrap files are restored to the system partition (Doesn't include the APK in /data -- so if you're restoring an old backup, be sure to update the Safestrap APK)
      • During the Safestrap files restore a check is done to be sure there are minimal files on /system to re-enter Safestrap
    • [12/27] (3.07) Bugfix: missed some changes in Safestrap 3.06
    • [12/26] (3.06) Bugfix/Update for JB4.1 OTA for DroidRAZR (Non-JB devices can also use)
    For users running jellybean leak only
    INSTRUCTIONS for getting STOCK running on a rom-slot:

[ EDIT: 11/15, Removed fix-rom-slot.zip from instructions. It's no longer needed and screws up paid apps. ]

STEPS:

1. Install Safestrap 3 from the above notes
    2. Reboot into recovery
    3. Make a backup of your stock rom slot
    4. Go into "Boot Options" and create a new rom-slot (if you haven't) -- 1GB data is probably good enough for most users
    5. Once that is created it may say "rom slot: off" at the top, make sure to go back into the new rom-slot and use "Activate" button
    6. Now use the "Restore" button on the main menu to restore the backup you made of stock to the new rom-slot
    7. When that's done restoring, use "Wipe" -> "Factory Reset" and then "Dalvik Cache" from the main menu
    8. At this point you should have a full working copy of the stock MotoBlur ROM on a rom-slot which you can flash and modify w/o fear of bricking.
    9. Reboot and enjoy

IF USERS on STOCK ICS want a method for getting that onto a rom-slot as well, let Hashcode know.
    I can second this. But sadly. Tuesday I will be a dna man.

-tapped from my RAZR maxx HD with Safestrap

Haha...have fun with that quad core with only a 2000ma battery and fixed 16gigs

That phone is a joke..lmao rofl

Good luck

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using xda app-developers app