[ROM][Oct 26 2013][BETA] SULTAN SENSE 2.0 [Android 4.0.4 | Sense 5 Theming][FIXED]

Which Sense 4.1 kernel do you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Search This thread

incapable86

Jun 8, 2013
Just checked it - might be missing libs or something preventing apps from installing that aren't from Google Play.

There might be a workaround by using Titanium backup and restoring apps, or just by using Play Store. Yeah it's inconvenient but it's the first build lol.

Hopefully I'll get time to fix it soon in the 2nd release! :D
Not much of a big issue lol, no haste to fix it take your time :)
Thank you.
You need to do a full wipe. What room are you using before?

Sent from my HTC_Amaze_4G using xda app-developers app

I was using Evervolv before, and I always format all partitions except SD cards/full wipe still it didn't work. It's probably missing files.

SuperAfnan

Nov 4, 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
Is anybody else also missing the dialer? or is it just me with a bad download or something???

Ugh, I think there is a bug with the dialer magically disappearing. Calls still work but it's not the same. :/

Looks like I've got NFC, Dialer, and third party apps not functioning properly. Not too bad for a first release but oh well, gotta fix them later.

Reactions: Huzaifa_Aziz

SuperAfnan

Nov 4, 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
Can't afford not having Bluetooth.

Yeah it's best to stick to Sense 3.6 or AOSP until I get a chance to work on bluetooth and hopefully fix it. If you guys are having issues you should check out more stuff I made like they Kaioken, Fire, and Shockwave ROM(s). They aren't outdated btw.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SuperAfnan

Nov 4, 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
Well, it looks like the NIGHTMARE kernel is destroying the competition. I hope you guys are being honest and not choosing Nightmare just because someone else did (that's called following the masses, bandwagoning, etc.)

Or is it true that you guys think Sport's kernel is the best?

Explain on this thread why you believe it's the best. I want your honest opinions. :D

SuperAfnan

Nov 4, 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
nightmare kernel is destroying the competition!

Well, it looks like the NIGHTMARE kernel is destroying the competition. I hope you guys are being honest and not choosing Nightmare just because someone else did (that's called following the masses, bandwagoning, etc.)

Or is it true that you guys think Sport's kernel is the best?

Explain on this thread why you believe it's the best. I want your honest opinions. :D

Also I'm going to work on my ROMS this week, hopefully I'm not too busy!

Last edited:

Galaxysm

Sep 9, 2012
Mission
If im on 4.0.3 and want this rom would I get a bootlopp or something?

Sent from my SGH-T889 using Tapatalk 4

SuperAfnan

Nov 4, 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
If im on 4.0.3 and want this rom would I get a bootlopp or something?

To be honest, this ROM is buggy right now. There seems to be a broken permission in the updater-script.

Here's what's not working.

NFC (gonna fix later)
3rd Party apps (will be fixed later)
Dialer (Will fix later)

Bluetooth
Wi-Fi calling
Wi-Fi tether

(These 3 can hopefully be fixed, no one has yet succeeded yet though!)

If you wanna try it out, you need to make a NANDROID backup in 4EXT. :) It basically backs up your current ROM, you can also restore it later when you need it.

If you want to flash it, you need to go to the wipe menu and choose "Format ALL partitions" so you won't get a bootloop! You also most likely need to have done SuperCID since it's ported from the VilleC2 to the Amaze. :p

Not many will use it if they need a working phone, it's got a lot of bugs ATM. Next release more stuff will be fixed! :D

Reactions: Galaxysm

Galaxysm

Sep 9, 2012
Mission
To be honest, this ROM is buggy right now. There seems to be a broken permission in the updater-script.

Here's what's not working.

NFC (gonna fix later)
3rd Party apps (will be fixed later)
Dialer (Will fix later)

Bluetooth
Wi-Fi calling
Wi-Fi tether

(These 3 can hopefully be fixed, no one has yet succeeded yet though!)

If you wanna try it out, you need to make a NANDROID backup in 4EXT. :) It basically backs up your current ROM, you can also restore it later when you need it.

If you want to flash it, you need to go to the wipe menu and choose "Format ALL partitions" so you won't get a bootloop! You also most likely need to have done SuperCID since it's ported from the VilleC2 to the Amaze. :p

Not many will use it if they need a working phone, it's got a lot of bugs ATM. Next release more stuff will be fixed! :D

Thanks buddy :b. I think im going to try the super sense rom. :p there shouldn't be any problems in there right? Its also 4 0.3?

SuperAfnan

Nov 4, 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
Thanks buddy :b. I think im going to try the super sense rom. :p there shouldn't be any problems in there right? Its also 4 0.3?

There is apparently a small bug with mounting the ext_sd. Someone on the thread said they fixed it, but I'm going to re-make that ROM with a new base to fix all possible issues!

You may want to try out these two to suit your needs. They don't have issues. One is more Sense-like, the other is more on the AOSP side. :p

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2362863

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2342045

Galaxysm

Sep 9, 2012
Mission
There is apparently a small bug with mounting the ext_sd. Someone on the thread said they fixed it, but I'm going to re-make that ROM with a new base to fix all possible issues!

You may want to try out these two to suit your needs. They don't have issues. One is more Sense-like, the other is more on the AOSP side. :p

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2362863

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2342045

But they arent red right lol? I dont really like it how it looks red :p. If not ill just wait till u get a new release on super sense :p.

SuperAfnan

Nov 4, 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
But they arent red right lol? I dont really like it how it looks red :p. If not ill just wait till u get a new release on super sense :p.

I guess you can just flash super sense, that bug affects some people but not others. It's always worth it to try. ?

And actually both of them are red, I guess I liked red lol.

Galaxysm

Sep 9, 2012
Mission
I guess you can just flash super sense, that bug affects some people but not others. It's always worth it to try. ?

And actually both of them are red, I guess I liked red lol.

LOL. Then ill use super sense and also just to root the phone already only got it unlocked :p. Well thanks for everything and ill keep ur thread subscribe for updates ^.^ since the Note 2 got me bored :p. Loving my HTC!!

Reactions: SuperAfnan

SuperAfnan

Nov 4, 2012
Jacksonville, Florida
I am getting excellent battery life! I can't wait until the first half semester is over (about one more week!) so I can update this! :)

Sent from my HTC Amaze 4G using xda app-developers app

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1382328504236.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1382328504236.jpg
    85.8 KB · Views: 108

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ladies and Gentleman, I present to you...

Sultan Sense v2

This is a Sense 4.1 port I've been working on for a while. I finally got it to boot, so I decided to upload it for you guys! I've fixed a lot of stuff so far, but it's not done yet. You can consider this a work in progress since it's the first release and it's Sense 4 so it'll have issues. It's very fast and has good battery life. You can consider it a beta since I have decided to release the build without the AROMA installer.

But let's get into the important stuff, shall we?

FEATURES.gif

• Stock look Sense 4.1 with a blend of Sense 5
    • Android 4.0.4 ICS + Sense 4.1
    • Based on VilleC2 2.15.401.100 CL116779
    • Perfect balance of a FAST and BATTERY FRIENDLY ROM!
    • Very clean, it's almost as if HTC released it!
    • Increased maximum volume on earphones and speaker!
    • Multi-language (WWE)
    • Debloated
    • SuperSU, Busybox, and SQLite support
    • Init.d scripts support
    • Nightmare Kernel
    • Deodexed & Zipaligned
    • SuperSU, credits Chainfire
    • Persistent ADB enabled
    • init.d support
    • Busybox and bash support
    • Memory optimizations
    • sqlLite 3 enhancements
    • Extended Quicksettings with Sense 5 icons!
    • Themed Advanced Power Menu
    • All Market apps Updated to latest
    • And much more! JUST FLASH IT, OK?!! :p

INSTRUCTION.gif

1-Back Up in Recovery
    2-Turn on Smart Flash in 4EXT Recovery Settings if S-ON
    3-Download Rom and put it in your Sd Card
    4-Format all partitions (Wipe Dalvik,Cache,Data)
    5-Install FireRom
    6-Reboot and enjoy

I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR WHAT YOU DO TO YOUR DEVICE, IF YOU FAIL COLLEGE, YOUR PHONE RINGS IN CLASS AND YOU GET DETENTION. NOR AM I RESPONSIBLE IF YOUR AMAZE TURNS INTO AN IPHONE. But if your phone cures world hunger then I can be responsible :D

Do not kang, or use anything from any of my ROMs, threads, or anything I made without my permission. I will likely let you, but please just ask first! If I catch you I WILL report the moderators and show them the evidence you kanged me. Open source doesn't mean you can fork stuff from developers without asking permission, and then giving credit!

Credits.gif

Team Nightmare for fixing stuff with their release, reading their thread made this a lot easier
    Team Nightmare for the Nightmare kernel!
    Chevycowboyusa for teaching me how to port, and showing me what to do in general. Be sure to thank him or this wouldn't have existed!
    Ravike14 for answering my questions.
    fahadskhan for awesome banners and stuff he made for me a while back.
    HTC for being a useless company and not releasing the complete source we need. :D

Be sure to thank them all! :)

About this ROM

This ROM was named after me, and pretty much every Sultan I guess. (Fun fact: It's my last name :D) I decided that I wanted to port Sense 4.1 on my own and try and fix the Bluetooth, Wi-Fi tether, and Wi-Fi calling problems that we can see on ViperAmaze, Nightmare Sense 4, and Bulletproof! Unfortunately, no one has been successful in doing this yet, but miracles do happen! (They're common on XDA). HTC is real nice for not releasing all the source we need, and Qualcomm is pretty generous for abandoning our chipset, preventing us from getting JellyBean Sense 4.5. Anyway, let's see what's going to happen! (That was sarcasm if your English is bad, or if you're slow ;) )

tumblr_mbwa6gGP6N1r3n52go1_500.jpg

HERE is the Q&A thread for this ROM. Post questions that don't pertain to development (like battery proeblems, SD problems, etc.) on that thread.

Well, more information will be leaked later, in the meantime, REMEMBER TO PRESS MY THANKS BUTTON, I PUT A BUNCH OF HOURS IN THIS!
    faq%20banner.gif.png

"Why is there a Venom tweaks icon in the status bar, but it's non functional?"

Because they're not supposed to be there, they're non-functional and I'm going to remove them next release.

"Is Bluetooth, Wi-Fi tether, and Wi-Fi calling fixed yet?"

No!

"I am in Pakistan and I want to download and flash this but I don't know how!?"
    "I have a HTC Amaze but it's an Asian unbranded version and I'm in a loop."
    "I am in India and I'm confused on what to do!?"

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2167596

"I am in America and I'm lost."
    "I have a T-mobile Amaze and I'm stuck in a boot loop!"

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1575550

"HELP I'M IN A BOOTLOOP!!!"

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2167596

"Why is [whatever] broken?!?!"

Because this is the first release and I haven't gotten down to fixing everything yet! Chill!

Why is this named Sultan???? That hurt my feelings!

Please do not be offended, if a NAME offends you it's time to man up.
    If you want to support development, click this Button. I am just a teenager doing this in my free time, unpaid. Small donations and large ones help! I am grateful for every single donation. :cool: Thank you.
    Changelog.gif

10/26/13
    New Base
    Fixed Dialer
    Fixed NFC
    Fixed Locations
    Fixed a bunch of stuff!
    Added the infamous Tweaks app
    *Will edit it later
    *Will add the Aroma installer next release!

10/13/13
    ROM Released!