TWRP failed

Search This thread

clapper66

Apr 17, 2013
OK I rooted my g2 and its a version model then flashes twrp and want to install CM11 but when I got to flash the zip TWRP sais FAILED, so I flash cwm and it flashed fine. I want to use TWRP over cwm but can't :(

Sent from my LG-VS980 using xda app-developers app

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
OK I rooted my g2 and its a version model then flashes twrp and want to install CM11 but when I got to flash the zip TWRP sais FAILED, so I flash cwm and it flashed fine. I want to use TWRP over cwm but can't :(

You really should give more information. The main being what version of twrp you tried to use.

I'm going to assume you tried 2.6.3.2 which will not flash 4.4 Roms. You need to download the 2.6.3.3 or latter tarp zip and flash it in recovery.

If my assumption is wrong then my apologies and I have no idea what the issue may be aside from maybe a bad IMG was pushed.

Sent from my LG-vs980 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

2.6.3.4 flashes 4.4 Roms but has issues with 4.3

2.6.3.3 flashes both fine.

If you can't find a working 2.6.3.3 zip and want it then let me know. If I dig around I can find it. I've been hearing the 2.6.3.3 zip on the official site is nonworkinf

Reactions: clapper66

clapper66

Apr 17, 2013
Well that solves the issue then cm 11 is a 4.4 ROM

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Well that solves the issue then cm 11 is a 4.4 ROM

So all you need to do then is update it by flashing the appropriate zip you want to use.

In Verizon development the thread should still be there for 2.6.3.4 even though it says it is discontinued it works. Just know that there are issues with using it with 4.3 Roms

clapper66

Apr 17, 2013
You really should give more information. The main being what version of twrp you tried to use.

I'm going to assume you tried 2.6.3.2 which will not flash 4.4 Roms. You need to download the 2.6.3.3 or latter tarp zip and flash it in recovery.

If my assumption is wrong then my apologies and I have no idea what the issue may be aside from maybe a bad IMG was pushed.

---------- Post added at 01:39 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:36 PM ----------

If you can't find a working 2.6.3.3 zip and want it then let me know. If I dig around I can find it. I've been hearing the 2.6.3.3 zip on the official site is nonworkinf

could you send me a link to a working 2.6.3.3? thanks

Lawlrus

Nov 20, 2013
Also, 2.6.3.3 fixed the issue 2.6.3.2 had that made it take like five minutes to wipe cache

Aug 24, 2012
Oklahoma City
I followed that thread got the recovery but it isn't up to date anymore. I was looking to see why cm 11 keeps failing and I ended up here. Lol. Thanks

Sent from my LG-D801 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

clapper66

Apr 17, 2013
I followed that thread got the recovery but it isn't up to date anymore. I was looking to see why cm 11 keeps failing and I ended up here. Lol. Thanks

You need to find the TWRP 2.6.3.3 for your model then you should be able to flash android 4.4 ROMs

Reactions: chasingeuphoria
Aug 24, 2012
Oklahoma City
That's what I thought but I can't find a flashable zip. Only an .img file. Twrp doesn't even see it. Flashify doesn't either. So I was going to try and push it. But that draws concerns about loki. This locked bootloader stuff is new to me and I can't find information about it so I can make informed decisions. I don't like asking these questions on here because I'm sure they've been asked before. So I've been for going over threads for days now with minimal progress

clapper66

Apr 17, 2013
That's what I thought but I can't find a flashable zip. Only an .img file. Twrp doesn't even see it. Flashify doesn't either. So I was going to try and push it. But that draws concerns about loki. This locked bootloader stuff is new to me and I can't find information about it so I can make informed decisions. I don't like asking these questions on here because I'm sure they've been asked before. So I've been for going over threads for days now with minimal progress

OK I can't find anything for the D801. I see D802 But not 801 :(

clapper66

Apr 17, 2013
Well I found ClockWorkMod for the D801 witch will flash 4.4.2 ROMs but has a bug when you wipe the cache and it take like 5 mins bit it works.

Aug 24, 2012
Oklahoma City
OK I can't find anything for the D801. I see D802 But not 801 :(

Yeah nothing, even on twrp website the latest that's hosted is the one I have. What is confusing me is a lot of tmo owners are saying they've got Cm11 up and running. But it seems I missed out on the recovery train. All threads point to the d800 and your vs980. But I'll keep fighting the good fight. Thanks though

clapper66

Apr 17, 2013
Yeah nothing, even on twrp website the latest that's hosted is the one I have. What is confusing me is a lot of tmo owners are saying they've got Cm11 up and running. But it seems I missed out on the recovery train. All threads point to the d800 and your vs980. But I'll keep fighting the good fight. Thanks though

Would you not mind using ClockWorkMod recovery?

here is a link to a threw with CWM for the D801 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2554053

Last edited:

clapper66

Apr 17, 2013
Yeah Cwm is awesome, it just didn't work on my nexus 4 but I don't know how to switch from twrp to cwm. I can look into that more. That's prolly what I'll do tomorrow.
I'm out of time tonight

To flash from twrp to cwm just use flashify to flash the cwm image easy take no time at all to do and then you can 4.4.2 ROMs :p

Reactions: chasingeuphoria

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

http://www.mediafire.com/?83rbyi1r5n51hpu

You need to find the TWRP 2.6.3.3 for your model then you should be able to flash android 4.4 ROMs

Yeah Cwm is awesome, it just didn't work on my nexus 4 but I don't know how to switch from twrp to cwm. I can look into that more. That's prolly what I'll do tomorrow.
    I'm out of time tonight

To flash from twrp to cwm just use flashify to flash the cwm image easy take no time at all to do and then you can 4.4.2 ROMs :p