[Japanese L-01F] Ninja Kernel G2 [Stock 3.4.80]

Search This thread

supersonicninja

Oct 20, 2012
Sapporo
blog.goo.ne.jp
Ninja Kernel G2 for L-01F Japanese phone
Suitable only for Japanese model stock based ROM

The Japanese LG G2 has the special root disabling feature. Only temporary root was possible.
So I have built a permanent rootable kernel, tweaked it a bit, and posted it here!

Features
-All Japanese specific features(Felica-NFC,Oneseg-TV) kept intact.
-CPU intelli-thermal monitor available.
-CPU ondemand governor tuned for better performance and battery.
-CPU alucard, darkness, intelliactive, intellidemand, nightmare, hyper, pegasusq, ondemandplus governor added.
-CPU overclocked to 2.8Ghz. Underclockable to 96mhz.
-CPU voltage adjustable.
-Kernel binary optimized by enabling -Ofast and armv7 neon vfp options in the compiler.
-GPU bugs fixed and tuned to save battery.
-GPU simple governor added.
-I/O scheduler noop is set to default.
-Patched to Linux 3.4.80.
-Permanent rootable by disabling ccsecurity.
-Removed unused sound drivers.
-Removed unused TV tuner drivers.
-Screen RGB values adjustable to 0-255.
-Screen voltage lowered to save battery.
-Sweep2Sleep:swipe soft keys to turn off your phone.
-TCP westwood+ set default for better network speed.
-Toolchain by Christopher83 used. The kernel speed is real badass.
-Vibrator strength boosted to not miss your calls.

Download
Version1.62

Installation
Download the zip file.
Reboot to recovery.
Install zip.
Reboot.

Use this app to change settings of the kernel. TricksterMod.

Changelog
1.60 : 2.8Ghz OC & 96Mhz UC. Intellithermal. S2S. Darkness and alucard CPU governors added.
1.50 : Added intelliactive CPU governor. Memory manager and filesystem improvements.
1.40 : Patched to 3.4.80. Many scheduler improvements.
1.30 : Toolchain changed to Linaro. Many memory and filesystem optimizations.
1.20 : GPU simple governor added. Tweaked ondemand. Increased vibrator strength.
1.10 : 2.4Ghz oc. Remove sound drivers. Tweaked ondemand. Lowered screen voltage.
1.00 : Initial release.

Source
Kernel source:github
Build script + ramdisk github

Credit
LGE,Google and the Linux devs.
I have used commits of the kernel made by following people.
StockMod kernel by g.lewarne github xda
LG G2 Kernel for Stock by dorimanx github xda
Furnace kernel by savoca github xda

Last edited:

supersonicninja

Oct 20, 2012
Sapporo
blog.goo.ne.jp
FAQ

Q.What is CWM recovery? What is root? etc
A.You need to have custom recovery to install my kernel. Use my rootkit and you will get it automatically.
[Japanese L-01F] Root your L-01F [HOWTO]
Q.Do I have to do something after installing the kernel?
A.Use the TricksterMOD app to configure it. I also recommend applying the V6 supercharger for the maximum performance.
Q.I am International G2 user. Can I use this?
A.No. Only Japanese L-01F is supported. Please use other kernels.
Q.I want to go back to stock kernel.
A.Use this installer-zip. WARNING:WILL INVALIDATE YOUR ROOT.
Q.I do not understand English.(英語わからない)
A.Send me a PM in Japanese and I will help.(日本語でPMを送ってください)

Last edited:
Reactions: quangcon1980

Mohirio

Nov 18, 2013
Thanks! This is great, I believe I had no problems installing the kernel but upon running TricksterMod it says that busybox is not installed or broken, I can't find where to enable fast charging in Kernel Tuner.

Any ideas ?

Sent from my L-01F using Tapatalk

supersonicninja

Oct 20, 2012
Sapporo
blog.goo.ne.jp
Thanks! This is great, I believe I had no problems installing the kernel but upon running TricksterMod it says that busybox is not installed or broken, I can't find where to enable fast charging in Kernel Tuner.

Any ideas ?

Install recent busybox by "Busybox installer" app or something else. There are loads of busybox installer at GooglePlay.
There is no fast charge option for this version. That is because I have noticed that this phone had fastcharge enabled by default lol

Reactions: Mohirio

Mohirio

Nov 18, 2013
Oh haha, I see ><
I'd also like to mention that I had a problem with Anker Astro Slim power bank where charging drops off when touching the screen or turning it on, and its fixed now when I installed this kernel, I'm not sure if its related but I love it anyways! Thanks!

Reactions: supersonicninja

supersonicninja

Oct 20, 2012
Sapporo
blog.goo.ne.jp
Oh haha, I see ><
I'd also like to mention that I had a problem with Anker Astro Slim power bank where charging drops off when touching the screen or turning it on, and its fixed now when I installed this kernel, I'm not sure if its related but I love it anyways! Thanks!

Nice to see a bug fixed!
That "Force Fastcharge" seemed to break all sort of USB related things. So there will be no USB issues hopefully from now on.

Reactions: toucam and Mohirio

finalc

Jul 31, 2009
Thanks for your contribution, I appreciate it!!!

But i am concerned about high overclocking (OC to 2.8GHz) may take more energy from battery and bring extra heat to the hardwares, especilly the CPU TEMP increasing.

Is there an easy way to modify the OC data for normal user also include other features that what you've done.

mn147

Dec 12, 2013
唐津市ーkaratsu
Thanks for your contribution, I appreciate it!!!

But i am concerned about high overclocking (OC to 2.8GHz) may take more energy from battery and bring extra heat to the hardwares, especilly the CPU TEMP increasing.

Is there an easy way to modify the OC data for normal user also include other features that what you've done.

use "kernel tuner" app or "trickstermod" app to adjust OC or UC. I believe there are links in the OP

LG G2 L-01F with tapatalk pro

finalc

Jul 31, 2009
Thanks a lot!!! It is working for my device now.

Sent from my L-01F using XDA Free mobile app

toucam

Dec 26, 2004
Hanoi
Hi supersonicninja,

Many thanks for your efforts. Can I use this kernel with L01F10c or is it for L01F11k only? If I have to flash back the stock kernel that you posted, it is also only for L01F11k or will it restore the kernel of L01F10c?

Cheers.

finalc

Jul 31, 2009
Hi supersonicninja,

Many thanks for your efforts. Can I use this kernel with L01F10c or is it for L01F11k only? If I have to flash back the stock kernel that you posted, it is also only for L01F11k or will it restore the kernel of L01F10c?

Cheers.

My device is l-01f with 10c version. it is stable for me. If you want to go back to the original version, try the stock kernal, it also works to me.

Sent from my L-01F using XDA Free mobile app

mn147

Dec 12, 2013
唐津市ーkaratsu
anybody getting overheating issues with ninjakernel 1.62? I tried it out but noticed that my phone quickly overheats even doing everyday things. goes up to around 40C. maybe it's something in the settings I need to change or so. any ideas? right now using v1.30

LG G2 L-01F with tapatalk pro

breakfastdude

Nov 29, 2011
Fuchu, Tokyo
Where can I get a link to download the previous versions? I kinda want the version before it was overclocked to 2.8GHz, since I don't really need the extra speed. I'm all for longer battery life. I know that I can solve that by using Kernel Tuner or Trickster MOD (of course I didn't use both at the same time), but in my experience the settings don't properly stick when I reboot. The CPU settings are all a mess after reboots.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Ninja Kernel G2 for L-01F Japanese phone
    Suitable only for Japanese model stock based ROM

The Japanese LG G2 has the special root disabling feature. Only temporary root was possible.
    So I have built a permanent rootable kernel, tweaked it a bit, and posted it here!

Features
    -All Japanese specific features(Felica-NFC,Oneseg-TV) kept intact.
    -CPU intelli-thermal monitor available.
    -CPU ondemand governor tuned for better performance and battery.
    -CPU alucard, darkness, intelliactive, intellidemand, nightmare, hyper, pegasusq, ondemandplus governor added.
    -CPU overclocked to 2.8Ghz. Underclockable to 96mhz.
    -CPU voltage adjustable.
    -Kernel binary optimized by enabling -Ofast and armv7 neon vfp options in the compiler.
    -GPU bugs fixed and tuned to save battery.
    -GPU simple governor added.
    -I/O scheduler noop is set to default.
    -Patched to Linux 3.4.80.
    -Permanent rootable by disabling ccsecurity.
    -Removed unused sound drivers.
    -Removed unused TV tuner drivers.
    -Screen RGB values adjustable to 0-255.
    -Screen voltage lowered to save battery.
    -Sweep2Sleep:swipe soft keys to turn off your phone.
    -TCP westwood+ set default for better network speed.
    -Toolchain by Christopher83 used. The kernel speed is real badass.
    -Vibrator strength boosted to not miss your calls.

Download
    Version1.62

Installation
    Download the zip file.
    Reboot to recovery.
    Install zip.
    Reboot.

Use this app to change settings of the kernel. TricksterMod.

Changelog
    1.60 : 2.8Ghz OC & 96Mhz UC. Intellithermal. S2S. Darkness and alucard CPU governors added.
    1.50 : Added intelliactive CPU governor. Memory manager and filesystem improvements.
    1.40 : Patched to 3.4.80. Many scheduler improvements.
    1.30 : Toolchain changed to Linaro. Many memory and filesystem optimizations.
    1.20 : GPU simple governor added. Tweaked ondemand. Increased vibrator strength.
    1.10 : 2.4Ghz oc. Remove sound drivers. Tweaked ondemand. Lowered screen voltage.
    1.00 : Initial release.

Source
    Kernel source:github
    Build script + ramdisk github

Credit
    LGE,Google and the Linux devs.
    I have used commits of the kernel made by following people.
    StockMod kernel by g.lewarne github xda
    LG G2 Kernel for Stock by dorimanx github xda
    Furnace kernel by savoca github xda
    Oh haha, I see ><

Nice to see a bug fixed!
    That "Force Fastcharge" seemed to break all sort of USB related things. So there will be no USB issues hopefully from now on.
    FAQ

Q.What is CWM recovery? What is root? etc
    A.You need to have custom recovery to install my kernel. Use my rootkit and you will get it automatically.
    [Japanese L-01F] Root your L-01F [HOWTO]
    Q.Do I have to do something after installing the kernel?
    A.Use the TricksterMOD app to configure it. I also recommend applying the V6 supercharger for the maximum performance.
    Q.I am International G2 user. Can I use this?
    A.No. Only Japanese L-01F is supported. Please use other kernels.
    Q.I want to go back to stock kernel.
    A.Use this installer-zip. WARNING:WILL INVALIDATE YOUR ROOT.
    Q.I do not understand English.(英語わからない)
    A.Send me a PM in Japanese and I will help.(日本語でPMを送ってください)
    ok. so I root with your rootkit. then I flash the kernel?

sent from my LG G2 with tapatalk pro

Yes. The rootkit should automatically install the CWM recovery. So flash the kernel in CWM recovery menu.

Any ideas ?

Install recent busybox by "Busybox installer" app or something else. There are loads of busybox installer at GooglePlay.
    There is no fast charge option for this version. That is because I have noticed that this phone had fastcharge enabled by default lol