multi users without root?

Search This thread

greatgonzo81

Oct 31, 2012
Here at work we are gonna receive some Galaxy tab 3 10.1 tablets.
As known, the software on this tablet doesn't support multi-users. (android 4.2.2)

There is an app to do this (Multiple User Enabler or switchme), but this requires ROOT acces. I can't do that, because the tablet isn't mine. I don't want to take the risk to break it.

Does anyone know wich other options there are to do this?

Last edited:

oddtiki

Jun 11, 2013
San Francisco
Seen 3 multi-user apps and all require Root rights. I guess there's no option without root.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

HanZie82

Here at work we are gonna receive some Galaxy tab 3 10.1 tablets.
As known, the software on this tablet doesn't support multi-users. (android 4.2.2)

There is an app to do this (Multiple User Enabler or switchme), but this requires ROOT acces. I can't do that, because the tablet isn't mine. I don't want to take the risk to break it.

Does anyone know wich other options there are to do this?

I'd be interested in a non root multiuser app for Tab10.1 aswell

It probably will never work without root!
It needes to change system files else you wont be able to switch anyhow...
The software doesnt support multi-user, so how would you want to change the software? Yup by rooting else you wont have access.

Last edited:

Will_Xda

Sep 29, 2012
Leicester
www.youtube.com
It probably will never work without root!
It needes to change system files else you wont be able to switch anyhow...
The software doesnt support multi-user, so how would you want to change the software? Yup by rooting else you wont have access.

Thanks for the reply i've already done this on my tab3 7.0 and upon seeing it my Manager wanted on his tab3 10.1 just thought i'd check as i dont want to root his tab if ppssible, thanks anyway mate