[Q] Tab doesn't show full charge until after it's restarted

Search This thread

bentime

Sep 1, 2014
Sorry if this question has been answered somewhere, I couldn't find it, but I didn't know exactly how to word it.

Anyways, I have a galaxy tab 4, the 7.0 one, and it's charging has been strange lately. I would plug it in when it got to around ten percent, and keep it in. Occasionally it would give me the message to plug in the charger despite it being plugged in, so I thought it might be a faulty charger.

Though after leaving it over night and having it only go up one or two percents, I restarted it, and when it came back on, it had 100% and after that, the battery percentage went down at a normal speed. When using the tablet when it was plugged in and didn't charge, it acted like a tablet normally would when it was going to lose battery (giving me the warning, dimming he screen, etc.).

Do you think this is a charger problem, or a problem with the tablet (or both)?

Note: my tablet has been dropped once onto a hard floor, but nothing happened to it that I've noticed other than the sd card popping out of place, which was easily fixed by just putting it back in and restarting. The charger cord has a few bites on it from forgetting it on the floor with my young dogs, but I noticed them quickly and stopped them, so there's only a few ltitle marks and none of them look deep enough to do much damage (though I've never had samung products before, so I don't know how tough their chargers are).

cindylike24

Sep 26, 2008
Vincennes, IN
When in doubt, go ahead and get a new charger. (Keep it away from those dogs too.) If you have the same problem with your tablet, then a call to customer support may be in order.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 8" model using Tapatalk