[HELP][i9506]Need help to finish my PAC Man rom

Search This thread

diegodu27

Jan 27, 2014
Coimbra
Okay so im trying to build a ROM from source, im using ubuntu 14.04, and im having a problem using breakfast command, it doesnt find 9506 codename (that being said, im talking about typing ks01lte after breakfast command) on github, so im kinda stuck, can someone help me out?

Sorry about my english :F

Sent from my GT-I9506 using XDA Free mobile app

aHcVolle

Nov 3, 2010
Stuttgart
Okay so im trying to build a ROM from source, im using ubuntu 14.04, and im having a problem using breakfast command, it doesnt find 9506 codename (that being said, im talking about typing ks01lte after breakfast command) on github, so im kinda stuck, can someone help me out?

Sorry about my english :F

why do you use breakfast at all?
pac gets build with the build-pac.sh you dont need to run anything at all
sorry if i missed something :>

diegodu27

Jan 27, 2014
Coimbra
I dont know, i just started, im a noobie so i dont understand too much about it, I tough I would need to use breakfast a select my device codename to make it work, and about what you just answered, I'm completely lost lol

aHcVolle

Nov 3, 2010
Stuttgart
But what about the device codename? Don't need it at all?

have a look at the link i posted.
yes you need the device codename

if your device codename is ks01lte then you have to run:
build-pac.sh ks01lte

but please read the tutorial i posted, its <30 lines of text and explains ~99.9% of the build process

Reactions: diegodu27

diegodu27

Jan 27, 2014
Coimbra
Just a little question, is there any chance that my device isnt supported? I'm afraid of getting an error as it did when I type breakfast command.

aHcVolle

Nov 3, 2010
Stuttgart
Just a little question, is there any chance that my device isnt supported? I'm afraid of getting an error as it did when I type breakfast command.

I'm almost positive that is not supported by pac yet.
If it is supported by CM it shouldnt be a problem, iirc the script will get the needed files by cm.
If there is only an unofficial build of cm you can add the device like it is explained in the tutorial i posted.

so i think you are just hours / days away of your i9506 port of PAC.
if you've done everything correct you can be the maintainer of this rom, and then it will get official supported in nightlies ....

aHcVolle

Nov 3, 2010
Stuttgart
Souds good sounds good! Thanks once again :D

i just did a test run:
http://jenkins.pac-rom.com/job/volletest/device=ks01lte,label=volletest/71/console

so its not working out of the box and there seems to be no official supprt by cm yet.
you will have to add the device manually, for this the tutorial will help you.
have a look at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2590142, thats an unofficial port of cm that might help you.

i haven't done this yet so i cant help you anymore sorry... but is is possible and you'll learn something by doing it. you can drop a message in the g+ community, maybe some out there can give you a hand...

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    PAC rom imho is the easierst rom to build from source.

have a look at
    https://github.com/PAC-man/pacman#getting-started

basically you have to
    init a repo
    sync the repo
    run build-pac.sh

thats it.
    make sure you have all needed programs installed for this but you should be able to find tutorials of which software you need to build android on ubuntu.
    But what about the device codename? Don't need it at all?

have a look at the link i posted.
    yes you need the device codename

if your device codename is ks01lte then you have to run:
    build-pac.sh ks01lte

but please read the tutorial i posted, its <30 lines of text and explains ~99.9% of the build process
    Thank you, if i still having trouble ill PM you :)

you're welcome.
    Sure do that

I'm almost positive that is not supported by pac yet.
    If it is supported by CM it shouldnt be a problem, iirc the script will get the needed files by cm.
    If there is only an unofficial build of cm you can add the device like it is explained in the tutorial i posted.

so i think you are just hours / days away of your i9506 port of PAC.
    if you've done everything correct you can be the maintainer of this rom, and then it will get official supported in nightlies ....
    Souds good sounds good! Thanks once again :D

i just did a test run:
    http://jenkins.pac-rom.com/job/volletest/device=ks01lte,label=volletest/71/console

so its not working out of the box and there seems to be no official supprt by cm yet.
    you will have to add the device manually, for this the tutorial will help you.
    have a look at http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2590142, thats an unofficial port of cm that might help you.

i haven't done this yet so i cant help you anymore sorry... but is is possible and you'll learn something by doing it. you can drop a message in the g+ community, maybe some out there can give you a hand...