Phone trying to auto update

Search This thread

Kole_Ackerson

Feb 27, 2012
Minden, NV
Hey guys, woke up this morning with the update icon in my status bar and now my phone is trying to prompt to install the update to me. Is there Anyway I could get this to go away?
Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Hashbang173

Inactive Recognized Developer / Contributor
May 6, 2012
Hey guys, woke up this morning with the update icon in my status bar and now my phone is trying to prompt to install the update to me. Is there Anyway I could get this to go away?
Thanks

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

If you are rooted you can go into Titanium backup and Freeze SDM.

BoulderGeek

Sep 9, 2010
I just got my i545 and had the same issue. The new phone (bought off Ebay) has MJ7 and the 4.4 update was beating me to death.

I rooted with the method in the General forum sticky. Then, I paid for the Titanium Backup registration key. With that, I could freeze FWUpgrade.apk and SDM.apk. No more prompting.

I added Safestrap after that. use the 3.71 version linked in Hashcode's thread (Safestrap-JFLTEVZW-3.71.apk). With this, I could get the 4.3 to activate Hotspot tethering ( I am still on grandfathered Unlimited). Voila, everything works just the way i want it to.

I am unsure if I want to go to 4.4 at this point. I would eventually like to have CM11. But, with 4.3 and tethering working, I am pretty satisfied with this phone already. It is miles ahead of my HTC Thunderbolt.

joshm.1219

May 7, 2013
Philadelphia
I just got my i545 and had the same issue. The new phone (bought off Ebay) has MJ7 and the 4.4 update was beating me to death.

I rooted with the method in the General forum sticky. Then, I paid for the Titanium Backup registration key. With that, I could freeze FWUpgrade.apk and SDM.apk. No more prompting.

I added Safestrap after that. use the 3.71 version linked in Hashcode's thread (Safestrap-JFLTEVZW-3.71.apk). With this, I could get the 4.3 to activate Hotspot tethering ( I am still on grandfathered Unlimited). Voila, everything works just the way i want it to.

I am unsure if I want to go to 4.4 at this point. I would eventually like to have CM11. But, with 4.3 and tethering working, I am pretty satisfied with this phone already. It is miles ahead of my HTC Thunderbolt.

You don't need safestrap for tethering but if it works it works right? 4.4 isn't anything special anyway and you'll probably never be able to flash CM or any AOSP ROM anyway.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur

no route to flash any CM or ASOP based ROMS unless you have a mdk base S4...