[SKIN .APK] PCB Sense - NOW WITH 5 COLOURS (for ALL HDPI Sense 2.x ROMs!)

Search This thread

steelmaggot

Mar 8, 2012
Mansfield,NOTTS
Hi all!

I know it's been a very long time, but I hope people are still enjoying this theme set that I made. I wanted to drop a quick update to let you know that thanks to the help of steelmaggot, we now have an MDPI version of the PCB Blue skin.

You can grab it from the new PCB Themes Mini-Site under the Sense v2.x area.

Since I don't own an MDPI device myself, I wasn't able to test, but please report how it works for you if you use it.

Cheers!

the mdpi blue skin has standard white tabs on the clock though,couldn't get the themed tabs to flip correctly,top tab went blank when it flipped

steelmaggot

Mar 8, 2012
Mansfield,NOTTS

Attachments

• home.jpg
    home.jpg
    91.6 KB · Views: 294
  • skinpicker.jpg
    skinpicker.jpg
    75.6 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:
Reactions: zoltank

Pete2506

Apr 20, 2011
Near D-Dorf
Hello Scar,

are you able to port some of your pcb skins to the HTC OneX? I know not all is possible, cause of m10 tools, but I know your skin of my old desire times with insertcoin. And I love it!!!!

Best regards Pete

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    3.jpg

Hi all!

I have recently been playing around with the Sense 2.1 + Gingerbread (aka GingerSense) ROMs, and had to of course port (and improve) my original PCB Sense Theme from days ago. I have been testing it myself for quite a few days, and I'm finally happy with how it turned out, so I wanted to offer it up to all GingerSense XDA users.

Couple of things to note:

• This design was meant to be close to stock for those who actually dig the Sense scheme, but want something unique
    • The file is a 7.7mb signed .APK created using apk-manager 4.9 for Sense 2.1...I may make a Sense 3.0 port if there is enough demand (need to play with .m10 editing still)
    • It is installable on HDPI devices only by simply copying to your device and running, and is uninstallable by Titanium Backup, or applying another Skin in Sense, and highlighting PCB Sense, then MENU --> DELETE...it doesn't appear in "Settings --> Applications", but why would you want to uninstall it anyways? ;)
    • I have edited a poopload of images with utmost care and attention to detail including those precious draw9patch ones
    • The tricky thing with the draw9patch is to have a pattern get 'stretched/repeated' without looking crappy...I believe this may be one of the few Sense themes out there which attempts to skin >90% of resource images (I may be wrong, but still)
    • I tested (and approved of) this theme on my Desire (Bravo) running LeeDrOiD v3.3.1 and InsertCoin GB
    • The font used in all screenshots is "Ubuntu", however "Storopia" also compliments the skin nicely
    • The font used to make the custom clock widget is "OPTICBOT"
    • This theme took me about 55-60 hours to complete
    • I've seen some other mods/ports of my theme before, and while I am a believer in sharing and caring, it would be nice if you asked/PM'ed me before using my theme for any other purpose than your own enjoyment. I'm a nice dood, I promise, and it's good to give credit where it's due! ;)
    • If you'd like to buy me a beer, coffee, or any other kind offering to say thanks, it's greatly appreciated and I will thank you personally... (Donate link is in my post profile)

Anyways, have a look at the preview images below, and please leave your thoughts! I hope you enjoy it!!! (Oh, and keep an eye on this thread for updates)

Screenshots of Green version (via Dropbox album):

Download:

Select your desired colour to download:
    Note: If you're downloading on a handheld browser and the file is saved with a '.bin' extension, simply rename it to '.apk'

if you like it...that's up to you!

Credits and thanks to some of the resources used go out to:
    • The modded wallpaper is originally from iTeppo (on deviantART) titled "Android Chip Wallpaper" (he did a great job!)
    Unless u can help scar with porting to sense 3 then most likely, yes!

Hey fellas! My apologies for not posting any updates. Life has been crazy, and I'm still stuck with Sense 2.x on my old Desire (no money for upgrades, and Sense 3 on the Desire is not perfect - I need a stable daily driver these days).

One day I am sure I'll end up with a nice phone and Sense 3, but also, once ICS comes out, we'll have to see what HTC does with that and Sense.

Regardless, let's say my themeset here is just "on hiatus", and will hopefully return as soon as I get some new hardware and time. It did take me a long while to create this theme, and I've obviously not charged for it, so it's quite an undertaking to update it to Sense 3, as a LOT will need to be changed (Sense 3 is much different in its resource structure from Sense 2).

Anyways, I haven't forgotten about this, and I thank you guys for your kind words, and bringing it back up to attention. I'll surely post updates whenever there is news.

Cheers!
    There are now two versions of Sense 2.1 believe it or not. HTC = Idiots, I know ! Anyways, these will still work on Sense 2.0, Sense 2.1, and Sense 2.1.1 (as Im calling it). The only change needed to be made is the "version code" in the AndroidManifest file. For instance, Sense 2.0 is "8" and Sense 2.1 is "??????32" and Sense 2.1.1 is "??????33" So for it to work on Incredible S after the latest update, you need to change the version code in AndroidManifest. Hope this is helpful to the OP and others.
    Amazing.

I will say that I have allways found the backdrops you pick very distracting and make the icons hard to see, but then I am addicted to the glactic core live wallpaper - you should try it with the pcb sense - it really ties the screen theme together!

One thing I miss from the old PCB theme is the green circuit board buttons, but then I am sure I will get used to this... (see attached for what I mean)

perhaps an option in the future?

Again, Thanks!!!

Warmly, Marty
    screenshots

the mdpi blue skin has standard white tabs on the clock though,couldn't get the themed tabs to flip correctly,top tab went blank when it flipped

here's a couple of screenshots