ICS from HTC later this year

Search This thread

HTC_Phone

Mar 20, 2010
Kansas City
Just got an email from HTC themselves, and it looks like the Inspire 4G won't be getting ICS, at least not any time soon... This is concerning an OFFICIAL update, not XDA

"Dear ---- My name----,

I would be happy to address your questions concerning ICS for the HTC Inspire/Desire HD. At this time we have not announced any planned update for the North American Desire HD also known as the Inspire 4g. As of right now this phone is not scheduled to receive an ICS update. If we do decide to release this update for this device in North America the announcement will be made on our Facebook page."

zelendel

Aug 11, 2008
OnePlus 6T
OnePlus 9
HTC_Phone said:
Just got an email from HTC themselves, and it looks like the Inspire 4G won't be getting ICS, at least not any time soon... This is concerning an OFFICIAL update, not XDA

"Dear ---- My name----,

I would be happy to address your questions concerning ICS for the HTC Inspire/Desire HD. At this time we have not announced any planned update for the North American Desire HD also known as the Inspire 4g. As of right now this phone is not scheduled to receive an ICS update. If we do decide to release this update for this device in North America the announcement will be made on our Facebook page."

We knew this was gonna happen as they have no control over it. ATT makes the final call and the Inspire has been EOL for a while now. Once it is marked as EOL, no more software updates.

dashcsn

Feb 6, 2011
Japan
If the ICS update to DHD comes out...Will it update the Sense to 4.0?
Guess the Sense 3.0 on stock AT&T DHD won't be useful with ICS...

HTC_Phone

Mar 20, 2010
Kansas City
If the ICS update to DHD comes out...Will it update the Sense to 4.0?
Guess the Sense 3.0 on stock AT&T DHD won't be useful with ICS...

Highly doubtful that Sense 4 arrives to the DHD.. Just saying. Has to do with a lot of factors, but who knows.

I really don't understand your second comment at all. Of course Sense 3.0 on ATT won't help on ICS because they're a) Two TOTALLY different ROM's (Android 2.3 vs Android 4.0) b) Two different Sense versions, and anyways, updating to ICS would delete Sense 3.0

wec1974

Sep 1, 2011
Atlanta, Ga.
Someone will be able to adapt the DHD release to run on the Inspire since they are so similar. so unless you just want a stock rom from ATT (which there will not be) there should be a nice ICS build to put on your phone in the not too distant future.

This is what I see happening too. Then again we already have several ICS flavors of custom roms.

JahCartel

Feb 22, 2012
Central, VA
Ugh. No kidding. I'm stuck with AT&T right now, and hate it. Even with the grandfathered data plan, they'll throttle you down to nearly dialup speeds if you use too much data within a billing cycle. If it weren't for the contact and having to pay that exorbitant freaking termination fee, I would've already told AT&T to piss up a rope and switched to Sprint.

I left sprint, and came to AT&T..

sprint is horrible when it comes to the financial aspects and beforeyou know it.. your 69.99$ everything unlimited data is running you 200+a month.. i dont know how it ended up like this because i have my payment withdrawn automatically but i refuse to pay for all these new hidden charges or fees..so i left sprint :)

back to the home base.. AT&T lol

mind you i was able to get "CREDIT" back for money they took but.. unfortunately all of it went to my early termination fee.. which sucks i was pretty much extorted of funds.. and i couldnt do anything about it.not even 2 months free.. smh

bdjam2

Mar 21, 2012
Bronx
Someone will be able to adapt the DHD release to run on the Inspire since they are so similar. so unless you just want a stock rom from ATT (which there will not be) there should be a nice ICS build to put on your phone in the not too distant future.

I am running a beta Rom based off the HTC One X. ICS and Sense 4.0. Even if HTC releases ICS for the Inspire, I doubt it would be better than what the guys in the developers section are making.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA

matt.parron

Mar 25, 2012
Is there any concern whether ics wont come before the end of this year? Also, is it possible for batteyr life to improve under sense 4.0 ics 4.0?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Making it seem like they pulled it from the inventory is probably just some marketing scheme. They make it seem like this phone is no longer available after the public wants it and them BAM! buy it for valentines day in the red color and for cheap too. If I was a person wanting a phone I'd jump on that. Its just a big game they are playing. And personally I don't care if ATT sends the update out or not. Thats why I came to this site. To get the most out of my phone and that means I can update it and not have to worry or wait for ATT lol cause we all know they aren't the fastest person in the race.
    I personally DGAF about the HTC roms. They are always bloaty and generally slow. I try to use open sourced roms because I dislike proprietary software. Updates are few and far between, etc. sure sense looks good, but I'd rather go for the Android look anyway

Sent from my Desire HD using XDA App

Can we please beat this into our heads, because I'm getting frustrated having to scream this from high heaven to get anyone to listen.

HTC releasing an official ICS ROM for our phone is incredibly important because the kernel source and files will make running any ROM on our phones for ICS that much easier, it doesn't matter whether it's a Sense or AOSP ROM. All the bugs and glitches in any ICS ROM will be mostly fixed by kernel source and drivers.
    Can we please beat this into our heads, because I'm getting frustrated having to scream this from high heaven to get anyone to listen.

HTC releasing an official ICS ROM for our phone is incredibly important because the kernel source and files will make running any ROM on our phones for ICS that much easier, it doesn't matter whether it's a Sense or AOSP ROM. All the bugs and glitches in any ICS ROM will be mostly fixed by kernel source and drivers.

yup. This is the only reason I'm gunning for the official release also. My phone runs so much smoother without HTC sense. So does my fathers captivate without touchwiz. But we definitely need those essential functions such as proper camera.