XT9 Language Cabs for Niki

Search This thread

wmn79

Feb 20, 2008
Amsterdam
I've added a Multilanguage pack with 12 languages included in the startpost. A OEM version for rom cookers and a cab version to install manually.

wmn79

Feb 20, 2008
Amsterdam
Now i'm using the new Tom_codon's rom PTG (in portuguese) > http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=404216
the other version was that link i said before! both work!
The new tom's rom i only had to add 3 files to the windows folder. the rest was already in tom's rom!

I've been looking into the portuguese solution you gave for the PTG roms but I was wondering if you use a 16 or 20 keys version because when I use the files you gave in a WWE Rom I get a qwerty keyboard layout while I have a 16 keys keypad.

Can you also tell me what registry values you have in:

HKLM\Software\Tegic\eT9\Sip\KdbFiles\0B16
HKLM\Software\Tegic\eT9\Sip\KdbFiles\0A16
HKLM\Software\Tegic\eT9\Sip\LanguageKeyboardIDMapping\0116
HKLM\Software\Tegic\eT9\LdbFiles\0116
HKLM\Software\Tegic\eT9\IME\KDbFiles\0616

Then I can compare it with the registry keys that are normally used and see if I can get it working on my Dual.

Ricky_Psycho

Feb 5, 2008
Viseu
I've been looking into the portuguese solution you gave for the PTG roms but I was wondering if you use a 16 or 20 keys version because when I use the files you gave in a WWE Rom I get a qwerty keyboard layout while I have a 16 keys keypad.

Can you also tell me what registry values you have in:

HKLM\Software\Tegic\eT9\Sip\KdbFiles\0B16
HKLM\Software\Tegic\eT9\Sip\KdbFiles\0A16
HKLM\Software\Tegic\eT9\Sip\LanguageKeyboardIDMapping\0116
HKLM\Software\Tegic\eT9\LdbFiles\0116
HKLM\Software\Tegic\eT9\IME\KDbFiles\0616

Then I can compare it with the registry keys that are normally used and see if I can get it working on my Dual.

Hi there!!!

I'm using a 20 keys niki!!!

the regestry values are:

HKLM\Software\Tegic\eT9\Sip\KdbFiles\0B16 >>> spd.5x4.portuguese.kdb
HKLM\Software\Tegic\eT9\Sip\KdbFiles\0A16 >>> 12.pthpd.kdb
HKLM\Software\Tegic\eT9\Sip\LanguageKeyboardIDMapping\0116 >>> 0916
HKLM\Software\Tegic\eT9\LdbFiles\0116 >>> PTlsUN_xt9.ldb
HKLM\Software\Tegic\eT9\IME\KDbFiles\0616 >>> hpd.5x4.portuguese.kdb

hope it help you!!!

see you soon!!!

tks for trying to help all PT users!

wmn79

Feb 20, 2008
Amsterdam
I've added Greek XT9 to the startpost. Please test it. I'm not able to do it at the moment since I use gullum's diamond rom with the diamond keyboard in it. If someone has the files for the greek software keyboard (the image files) please post them so I can include them in the post.

Cellulario

Jul 16, 2007
:( greek doesn't work, I don't know why. I guess the keybord is not properly set. You did a great job anyway, thank you! I'm looking forward to greekise my mobile :D

wmn79

Feb 20, 2008
Amsterdam
:( greek doesn't work, I don't know why. I guess the keybord is not properly set. You did a great job anyway, thank you! I'm looking forward to greekise my mobile :D

Can you explain what exactly isn't working. Are the keys mapped incorrectly or doesn't the XT9 work at all or something else?

Does the Norwegian xT9 work?
Someone knows?
If not, I can try :)

All other cabs work. But you can always try if it works of course. :)

Cellulario

Jul 16, 2007
something strange happens. First of all the letters are not greek at all, I guess the keyboard doesn't switch to greek or, even worse, there's some problems in loaging the kdb and ldb files because when I select greek from the languages menu the current-active language doesn't change to greek at all (in first line of xt9 menu as well). There must be some error in loading the files I don't know. Thanks for your reply and help.

Maxxd01

Jul 19, 2008
I have a Niki 16 keypad. I'm portuguese, but the niki is orange branded. I want to install the tom's rom or the PTG Rom from NetrunnerAT,

please is it possible to put the xt9 portuguese working? Me, and a lot of people I know here in Portugal really need that...

I have this link where you can see "Download MC HTC Keyboard + Keypad PT/EN", but dont know if can help you...
http://mobilecoiso.blogspot.com/2008/01/mc-htc-keyboard-keypad-pten.html

Last edited:

wmn79

Feb 20, 2008
Amsterdam
If you have Portuguese XT9 working on your Niki right now then you can send me the file I need. I need the file PThpd.kdb in the windows folder. I can make the software keyboard working with portuguese XT9, only the hardware keypad won't work. Therefore I need the file

Otherwise I will have to take a look into the link you send.

Maxxd01

Jul 19, 2008
If you have Portuguese XT9 working on your Niki right now then you can send me the file I need. I need the file PThpd.kdb in the windows folder. I can make the software keyboard working with portuguese XT9, only the hardware keypad won't work. Therefore I need the file

Otherwise I will have to take a look into the link you send.

I do not have the XT9 working... that's the problem. :(

If anyone have what wmn79 needs, please help him.

wmn79

Feb 20, 2008
Amsterdam
Does he have a 20 key or 16 key dual? And what is the value in his registry for: hklm\software\tegic\IME\KDbFiles => 0616

wmn79

Feb 20, 2008
Amsterdam
He has 20 keys... I dont know if he knows how to see the registry but I will try ;)

For 20 keys hardware keyboards there is a fix for the Portuguese XT9. They can use the hpd.5x4.portuguese.kdb file for it, but on a 16 keys keypad it gives a 20 key layout.

I can make a cab for the 20 keys version Portuguese if there are people interested in that.

But if you still can let him check the registry keys, maybe it he has some interesting news. If you let him install total commander it isn't that difficult.

Maxxd01

Jul 19, 2008
For 20 keys hardware keyboards there is a fix for the Portuguese XT9. They can use the hpd.5x4.portuguese.kdb file for it, but on a 16 keys keypad it gives a 20 key layout.

I can make a cab for the 20 keys version Portuguese if there are people interested in that.

But if you still can let him check the registry keys, maybe it he has some interesting news. If you let him install total commander it isn't that difficult.

But is it possible to make a cab for the 16 keys version Portuguese? I really need that...

wmn79

Feb 20, 2008
Amsterdam
No for 16 keys I really need the file PThpd.kdb that file works on both 16 and 20 keys version, at least it did on all the other languages.