TP2 looses WIFI settings

Search This thread

Chris Proud

Nov 21, 2005
London
Anybody else find that if it can't connect to a wireless network, it deletes the saved settings? The most recent time it actually said invalid key and prompted for a new key rather than just doing the usual delete job.

Also, would be nice if you could paste into the touchflo 3D config page rather than having to go into the advanced config. Would be a small detail if I didn't have to enter the key again every time I go out of range!

Thanks

quarintus

Apr 11, 2007
I know your problem. It's more a windows mobile problem.

At the moment you click on a connection (router) on your wm device, it will loose the network key. So don't do that.

I've had the problem with one router at our home, but it was the router was faulty. Often it wasn't possible to connect. We got a new one, and it didn't happen egain.

Fidipaldi

Feb 14, 2006
I also experience that the wifi connection drops with the TP2 several times a day. This does not happen with all the other devices so I guess that this is a TP2 specific problem....

Chris Proud

Nov 21, 2005
London
My old TYTN2 didn't have this problem but I have heard the occasional complaint in the office. The TP2 consistantly looses the settings.

Fidipaldi

Feb 14, 2006
I contacted HTC support and that is what they recommend. Just applied the settings so I can't say yet if that works.

"I would recommend that you set your WLAN to best performance on your device. This will normally cure any network problems you are having. Please see the instructions below for more information. - Start - Settings - Connections - Wireless LAN - Power Mode - Move bar all the way to the left for Best Performance - Perform a soft-reset - Try and re-connect to your WiFi Network"

neforce

Sep 5, 2007
Stadskanaal
Yesterday i had the same thing. I lied in bed, and turned on wifi. It tried to connect, and connect, but after a while, it says: new wifi network found.

So I connected, and I had to fill in again my wifi password… really strange.

deekul

Apr 30, 2009
TP2 looses wifi settings

Try configuring network key using WPA + TKIP instead of WPA2 which helped fixing my TP2 wifi settings