10.5.A.0.230 (Kitkat) Bug collection!

Search This thread
G

GuestD1061

Had audio glitches too. I freezed MusicFX and Sound enhancements with titanium backup and the glitches are mostly gone. You can also try to disable them in app settings, if you have no root. Hope this can help you.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk

Apr 13, 2013
Kozani
It works

Had audio glitches too. I freezed MusicFX and Sound enhancements with titanium backup and the glitches are mostly gone. You can also try to disable them in app settings, if you have no root. Hope this can help you.

Sent from my SGP311 using Tapatalk
With MusicFX and Sound Enhancement disabled I hear glitches rarely!!! Thank you very much for your help!!! Although, Sony must fix that...

dhruvaz

Aug 8, 2009
Little late but I too have a problem with flickering screen. I never upgraded to 4.3 so I didnt know about that but after kitkat I am receiving flickering screen but mostly when i am typing (i.e when keyboard is on screen) else i havent noticed when surfing or playing games.

Apr 13, 2013
Kozani
Little late but I too have a problem with flickering screen. I never upgraded to 4.3 so I didnt know about that but after kitkat I am receiving flickering screen but mostly when i am typing (i.e when keyboard is on screen) else i havent noticed when surfing or playing games.

I had the same issue at 4.3 and I have it with 4.4.2 now.... BUT If you go at Developer Options into Settings and TICK the option "Disable HW Overlays" solves the problem. Tested by me!! ;) If you restart your tablet you must make the whole process again because the "Disable HW Overlays" option will be UNCHECKED by default.....

planetj

Jul 1, 2010
København
WIFI + BT audio problem

Since the update, I can't have wifi turned on while streaming audio over BT.
Used to work fine. Now I've had to upgrade my subscription, 'cause basically, I can't use wifi anymore at all, have to use 4G all the time, since I listen to music a lot.
I have now rooted the tablet, any idea for a solution for the above?

Apr 13, 2013
Kozani
Since the update, I can't have wifi turned on while streaming audio over BT.
Used to work fine. Now I've had to upgrade my subscription, 'cause basically, I can't use wifi anymore at all, have to use 4G all the time, since I listen to music a lot.
I have now rooted the tablet, any idea for a solution for the above?

I am streaming audio over Bluetooth to my Vaio laptop and I'm writing this post at the same time!!! ;) Always connected via WiFi to Internet (SGP311). Are you sure that you stream via BT and not from WiFi??? Cause "Throw" app asked me with what way I wanna stream (WiFi or BT).

planetj

Jul 1, 2010
København

I am streaming audio over Bluetooth to my Vaio laptop and I'm writing this post at the same time!!! ;) Always connected via WiFi to Internet (SGP311). Are you sure that you stream via BT and not from WiFi??? Cause "Throw" app asked me with what way I wanna stream (WiFi or BT).

Yes, I am sure.
I have 2 different BT speakers. Both worked great until the update. I don't have any ways of streaming via wifi, only BT.

Apr 13, 2013
Kozani
Yes, I am sure.
I have 2 different BT speakers. Both worked great until the update. I don't have any ways of streaming via wifi, only BT.

What is the exact problem? You turn on wifi and it doesn't show networks?? You are connected to a network and when use bluetooth, wifi disconnects?? Or you can't even turn wifi on while you use BT?

planetj

Jul 1, 2010
København

What is the exact problem? You turn on wifi and it doesn't show networks?? You are connected to a network and when use bluetooth, wifi disconnects?? Or you can't even turn wifi on while you use BT?

I stream music from tablet to BT speaker. When I turn on wifi on the tablet, the music stutters so much, it's no joy to listen to. As soon as I turn off wifi, it plays fine, like it did before the update.
Wifi itself works fine. It's just BT audio I have problems with.

Apr 13, 2013
Kozani
I stream music from tablet to BT speaker. When I turn on wifi on the tablet, the music stutters so much, it's no joy to listen to. As soon as I turn off wifi, it plays fine, like it did before the update.
Wifi itself works fine. It's just BT audio I have problems with.

Ok, looks like this is a problem with the wifi signal band. This is due to a shared band for both radio signals (BT and WiFi). You CAN'T change the signal band from BT BUT you can change at WiFi from your router settings. Search for 802.11b/g/n or 802.11n option at your router settings to WiFi section. You probably have the 802.11b/g option enabled...

P.S. It also may be mention like b/g/n or b/g (without 802.11).

planetj

Jul 1, 2010
København
Ok, looks like this is a problem with the wifi signal band. This is due to a shared band for both radio signals (BT and WiFi). You CAN'T change the signal band from BT BUT you can change at WiFi from your router settings. Search for 802.11b/g/n or 802.11n option at your router settings to WiFi section. You probably have the 802.11b/g option enabled...

P.S. It also may be mention like b/g/n or b/g (without 802.11).

Thanks. Router was already set at b/g/n.
I tried changing to g only and then back to b/g/n.... Still stuttering :/
I also read somewhere that some people have had luck changing wifi settings to 2.4 ghz only on their unit, but I don't seem to have that option on my tablet. I have it on my phone.

Apr 13, 2013
Kozani
Thanks. Router was already set at b/g/n.
I tried changing to g only and then back to b/g/n.... Still stuttering :/
I also read somewhere that some people have had luck changing wifi settings to 2.4 ghz only on their unit, but I don't seem to have that option on my tablet. I have it on my phone.

Can you use wired earphones and check if it still stuttering? cause KitKat update has a general stuttering issue at some people (like me)....

planetj

Jul 1, 2010
København

Did you tried clean install or/and factory reset. It helps some times but need free time to restore the apps afterwards...

No, I didnt wanna do that, because i read about other people doing it, saying it didnt help.
Anyway, now I did. Just factory reset the whole thing. No difference, music still stutters when I play over BT with wifi on.

planetj

Jul 1, 2010
København
Does your router support transmission at 5ghz?? If yes change it from 2,4ghz to 5ghz. Also you must have b/g/n option enabled and change channel to 1 at router settings. I found that at google about Nexus having the same issue: https://code.google.com/p/android/issues/detail?id=39633

I think it does, but I'm not sure. It's a Zyxel P-2812HNU-F1. I can't figure out where to change the ghz.
I just set it to channel 1 (It was on auto/13 before). It seems like there's less stutter now. Still experiencing it, though.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    4ary4yju.jpg

Sent from my SGP321 using Tapatalk
    Doesn't seem to let me change the lockscreen wallpaper so that it is different from the home screen wallpaper. Also tried on my Z (C6603) phone and have the same issue

Sent from my SGP321 using Tapatalk

with lockscreen wallpaper is everything ok, but in my opinion this android update is slow and laggy -.-'

but without screen flicckering.
    with lockscreen wallpaper is everything ok, but in my opinion this android update is slow and laggy -.-'

but without screen flicckering.

Factory reset....! :good:
    Nope no lockscreen bug. Everything works fine. BUT: The Settings Scroll Animation is kinda laggy. Not as smooth as it was on 4.3. And when installing Apps the Tablet is also very laggy. Same on Xperia Z. But this is something i could live with. I have a sd card inserted and there are no problems like the Samsung ones.
    But i have one question: How can i activate the Immersive mode? I could´t find it in the settings. I used All-in-one Gestures to get into it. But it looks like Sony made Xperia Home and Media Apps not compatible with it.

ok, what to do with laggy settings, animation ect.
    First: Root :p >>> in settings turn on developer options (if you dont know how to make developer options visible go to "about tablet menu" in Settings and click serval times build number") and turn on "Force GPU rendering", in next step install seeder 2.0 apk (in google can you find everything) and set moderate performance profile, then download from Play Store "No-frills Cpu Control and setup Interactive Profile :) Apply everything on boot and reboot :)

now this firmware ist a devil XD

P.S.
    sorry for my english, ect.
    @nec_d
    Wow, What a shame. Phone UI in a Tablet :rolleyes: