[Q] Returning rooted and s-off phone to Verizon?

Search This thread

TylerG3

Jul 21, 2014
Hey guys, I have a rooted and s-offed m8 currently running viperrom. I plan on switching the phone around to another line soon.(So i would swap phones with another person on my plan, but keep my same number to clarify) Will anything the reps do flag that my phone has been modded? Also, if they will be able to know, is there anyway to return the phone to complete stock and not have the tampered sign on the fastboot screen? Or can I still switch the numbers on the phones around online and avoid taking it to the store completely?
Thanks Guys

Planterz

Feb 28, 2014
Tucson, AZ
Hey guys, I have a rooted and s-offed m8 currently running viperrom. I plan on switching the phone around to another line soon.(So i would swap phones with another person on my plan, but keep my same number to clarify) Will anything the reps do flag that my phone has been modded? Also, if they will be able to know, is there anyway to return the phone to complete stock and not have the tampered sign on the fastboot screen? Or can I still switch the numbers on the phones around online and avoid taking it to the store completely?
Thanks Guys

Is the phone originally from Verizon? Phones from other carriers won't work with Verizon. T-Mobile and AT&T use GSM, and although Sprint uses CDMA like VZW, their phones won't work on VZW either.

If the phone is a Verizon phone, then switching it to another line/number should be as simple as putting in the SIM card for that line.

Reactions: TylerG3

TylerG3

Jul 21, 2014
Is the phone originally from Verizon? Phones from other carriers won't work with Verizon. T-Mobile and AT&T use GSM, and although Sprint uses CDMA like VZW, their phones won't work on VZW either.

If the phone is a Verizon phone, then switching it to another line/number should be as simple as putting in the SIM card for that line.

Yes, it is originally from Verizon. I am swapping my m8 for a G3 on Verizon. I'm not sure if the G3 has the same size SIM card like you mention .

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks Guys

Yes, it is originally from Verizon. I am swapping my m8 for a G3 on Verizon. I'm not sure if the G3 has the same size SIM card like you mention .

From what I can gather, both use a micro SIM. You shouldn't have any problems.