Galaxy note for $150 from AT&T(get $150 back, even if preordered)

Search This thread

Kristoph

Jul 18, 2007
Austin, Tx
I used my buy back plan from BB trading in my skyrocket. The note ended up being free cause of how much I received back. I then went online and printed the promo page on att site. Went back up to BB to show the page to the csr. She went and talked to her manager and they approved it. $75 back on gift card and $75 credited to my att account.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using xda premium

TechGoon954

Jan 25, 2011
Fort Laudrdale
Hey guys, just saw this ad, att is selling all phone, including the note today for 50% off.

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/de...are&siteId=dZCX6Je2w8Q-sBG3oO9zQ5oOdYyuLQ44IA

Try the link out, and add the phone, plan and data plan to your cart. Once completed, go to checkout to see the 50% discount for $150!:D

I just called them up, and they WILL honor the $150 price!! Apparently after 5 days a 50% price drop is not bad!

You have to call and ask for it. I called 611, got transfered around a bit and finally got it approved!

If you ordered thru premier, call 866-499-8008

Hope this helps you guys! I know this just made my day!!!

BOOM $150 CREDIT! Called them yesterday and they gave me the run around......so I came back home today and saw everyone else getting theirs. So I called back today and got a old country boy, who felt my pain about me being a loyal customer for 7 years and not having any negativity on my bill........BOOM! $150 + $36 upgrade fee waived.

00mred00

Aug 11, 2010
Princeton Tx
In the end I couldn't get the $150

...but did get gifted an early upgrade from ATT (contract would not have been up until 7/13), waived activation fee....$100 courtesy/price match credit...and an additional $120 credit for the months I had a bad Skyrocket

;)

After taxes etc got $263 in credits today.

Paid $299 for the phone Friday

Last edited:

edjerum

Dec 14, 2008
Evergreen
The link to the 50% off still works but the discount does not appear in the final cart. Bummer!
Does anyone have a screen shot of the cart with the 50% off. Thinking that Best Buy might honor that.

bignate78

Mar 30, 2011
Thousand oaks, ca
The link to the 50% off still works but the discount does not appear in the final cart. Bummer!
Does anyone have a screen shot of the cart with the 50% off. Thinking that Best Buy might honor that.

You'll have to find someone in your area because it shows zip code.

Looks like att finally got sick of actually having to accommodate to ALL customers and just pulled the add. Lost out on money first week device came out, good job dumb asses haha that's what you get!

Big Dogg Infuse I997 ZeusB5 ICS!

Reactions: edjerum

edjerum

Dec 14, 2008
Evergreen
Thanks for the heads up about the zip. I'm in the Denver area, but if someone has a cart screen shot from anywhere I would appreciate it.

robertg1234

Feb 29, 2012
I called today (new customer, bought in store) and first started out mentioning the discount. Asked if my only choice was to go back to the store and cancel, and she initially said yes I have to cancel. She asked for a few details (web page, etc), and then seemed to be ready to end the call. She then said what will I do. i said I would return the phone, cancel, and stay with TMO (my current carrier) and wait for the HTC One X announced yesterday. That's when she said "hold on, let me see what I can do" and then came back about 3 min later with a $150 credit. Good enough for me!

So I would wait till the end of the call and mention that you're going bye-bye, and then see what they will do. This most likely will only work for brand new customers, like me.

Dillsnik

Nov 29, 2006
In the end I couldn't get the $150

...but did get gifted an early upgrade from ATT (contract would not have been up until 7/13), waived activation fee....$100 courtesy/price match credit...and an additional $120 credit for the months I had a bad Skyrocket

;)

After taxes etc got $263 in credits today.

Paid $299 for the phone Friday
What is with ATT just handing out credits? My brother wanted to know about shipping for the iphone we had just ordered for him, and when they couldn't find info about exactly where it was in the system they offered him a $60 credit for the inconvenience. I couldn't believe they just offered it to him for not that big a deal. I wonder if they have been given an initiative to hand out some credits as of late...don't know why, but sure seems like they are

Flustered

Apr 10, 2011
Washington, DC
What is with ATT just handing out credits? My brother wanted to know about shipping for the iphone we had just ordered for him, and when they couldn't find info about exactly where it was in the system they offered him a $60 credit for the inconvenience. I couldn't believe they just offered it to him for not that big a deal. I wonder if they have been given an initiative to hand out some credits as of late...don't know why, but sure seems like they are

Yeah, I noticed that too.

Was it the call center in the Philippines or was it an American service rep?

And just for my own pondering, and I'm being completely earnest with this question, does your brother have a non-American sounding accent?

lJesseCusterl

Feb 28, 2012
Pascagoula, MS
Customer Care is more about pleasing the customer than say Warranty Support who tries their damnedest not to do their job. I've lost count of the number of times I've had to browbeat Warranty on behalf of a customer in-store to get them to send a replacement device.

bignate78

Mar 30, 2011
Thousand oaks, ca
So went into BB and showed my print out, they said they could do it of they could get it to come up also and when they put in the link they said sorry only for new. Even went to the att store and they said I should of done it online for that price.....oh well not gonna fork out $300 and then try to ask for half back and get stuffed, there's more important thing I need to pay with $300!
Looks like ill be drooling through the window for awhile

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

Thremix

Apr 30, 2011
So went into BB and showed my print out, they said they could do it of they could get it to come up also and when they put in the link they said sorry only for new. Even went to the att store and they said I should of done it online for that price.....oh well not gonna fork out $300 and then try to ask for half back and get stuffed, there's more important thing I need to pay with $300!
Looks like ill be drooling through the window for awhile

Take it back to BB, buy it from AT&T call ATT and tell them to goolge samsung galaxy note 50% off. :) bam! Also buy a case at A&T and ask for the 50% off that while on the phone, I got my case,phone, and early upgrade taken off. Well 50%, 50% respectively.

Thank me later, and send my lunch money....

bignate78

Mar 30, 2011
Thousand oaks, ca
Take it back to BB, buy it from AT&T call ATT and tell them to goolge samsung galaxy note 50% off. :) bam! Also buy a case at A&T and ask for the 50% off that while on the phone, I got my case,phone, and early upgrade taken off. Well 50%, 50% respectively.

Thank me later, and send my lunch money....

Like I said, I don't have $300 to spend! And with how unhelpful the att store was I'm not gonna take my chances now that the deal has expired

bignate78

Mar 30, 2011
Thousand oaks, ca
Again tried 611 and they still are trying to offer the phone for $400!! Tried saying they would drop it to $350 and that's it! Said the 50% discount was never heard of! **** att!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hey guys, just saw this ad, att is selling all phone, including the note today for 50% off.

http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/de...are&siteId=dZCX6Je2w8Q-sBG3oO9zQ5oOdYyuLQ44IA

Try the link out, and add the phone, plan and data plan to your cart. Once completed, go to checkout to see the 50% discount for $150!:D

I just called them up, and they WILL honor the $150 price!! Apparently after 5 days a 50% price drop is not bad!

You have to call and ask for it. I called 611, got transfered around a bit and finally got it approved!

If you ordered thru premier, call 866-499-8008

Hope this helps you guys! I know this just made my day!!!
    its not a scheme ..almost everywhere you shop has price match..it all legit..

its part of business ..profit and loss..i have 4 lines with ATT since 2008 and have always had at least one line of service since before they went "cingular" .. i think they should give the phones away ..i think the only reason they started this one at 299. is 1) tmobile acquisition..and 2) verizon trying to keep phones prices relatively high... so now ATT is going to step it up on pricing.. :rolleyes:

these are not facts ..i dont have a clue... just my opinion:D

A price match under the same conditions.. in this case 50% off is clear as day for new & adding lines..This was made for AT&T to ADD NEW customers aka generate revenue streams...That one, you lose... But this does point to the fact that there are a lot of clueless ppl working for BB & AT&T... When the Man finds out about their actions adjusting final sales, I'm sure they will be dealt with

The Dell Streak was also $299 back in AUG 10... Has nothing to do with the T-mobile acq which never happened/ Nor had anything to do with Verizon.. But Kudos to you guys getting Corporate America back...:D..
    Does NOT work for upgrade.

Just to verify. I called and tried as hard as possible and spoke with the manager but they will not honor this price if you got the phone as an upgrade. This ONLY applies to new customers or new lines.

I highly suggest the OP or a MOD updates the title to reflect this info, so that it is not misleading to anyone.
    just out of curisosity I went through and tried to add a line to my family and you dont get it off at the checkout screen... Probably that 39.99 clause so it has to be a add a line individual line.
    I took this!

Sent from the Almighty Note!