Canadian Order/Pre Order Watch Thread

Has Asus been neglecting its Canadian customers?

• Yes

Votes: 11 91.7%
  • No

Votes: 1 8.3%

• Total voters
Search This thread

RNGuy

Jun 21, 2008
Montreal, QC
Hey Guys,

Figured I'd start a thread for us Canadians to watch so we can see when this device actually becomes available to us!

I should point out that tigerdirect.ca is selling it but at inflated prices (hopefully, anyway). I would consider buying from there but I'm holding out for champagne.

So, please, if/when anyone sees this for sale in Canada, post below!

(I've been waiting for this effing thing since my Prime pre order was delayed by 2-3 months! %$@#%$ Asus!)

=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=

32GB Gray:
NCIX (Aug 15th availability reported)
tigerdirect (*Overpriced*)
Memory Express (preorder)(availability 2nd week of August reported)
Future Shop (preorder; August 17 release)
Canada Computers (backordered; 5-7 days est. shipping time)(UPDATE: 8/3/2012: In stock online & a couple stores)
Visions (In stock)
Best Buy (preorder; August 17 release)
Filtech Computer (preorder; first week of August. $489.99. No product page)
Amazon (no ETA)
Staples (next business day)
London Drugs (Sold Out online; individual stores may have stock)

64GB Gray:
tigerdirect (*Overpriced*)

Last edited:

KilerG

Oct 7, 2011
Santa Barbara, CA
Hey Guys,

Figured I'd start a thread for us Canadians to watch so we can see when this device actually becomes available to us!

I should point out that tigerdirect.ca is selling it but at inflated prices (hopefully, anyway). I would consider buying from there but I'm holding out for champagne.

So, please, if/when anyone sees this for sale in Canada, post below!

(I've been waiting for this effing thing since my Prime pre order was delayed by 2-3 months! %$@#%$ Asus!)

Any places you find can be added to my master list, I'll add a Canadian section.

polish_pat

Nov 30, 2011
Montreal
It's available a TigerDirect.ca but it's a ripoff, the tablet is on sale for 574 and the dock 172, so in total a good 100$ extra than the regular price. The catch is, they list it as shipping in 3-5 days, i bought one, and after chatting with a agent, he said everything is backordered until at least june 25th. So basically, it's a smart way to try and make an extra 100$ off having the "exclusivity" of the first ones to sell it in canada

RNGuy

Jun 21, 2008
Montreal, QC
It's available a TigerDirect.ca but it's a ripoff, the tablet is on sale for 574 and the dock 172, so in total a good 100$ extra than the regular price. The catch is, they list it as shipping in 3-5 days, i bought one, and after chatting with a agent, he said everything is backordered until at least june 25th. So basically, it's a smart way to try and make an extra 100$ off having the "exclusivity" of the first ones to sell it in canada

Yeah, I mentioned this in the OP. I was tempted to do it anyway but no champagne...

Hopefully amazon will have them soon!

polish_pat

Nov 30, 2011
Montreal
sorry, didn't read all op. but amazon aren't too fast to move their stock up north, my money would be on ncix since they already have their template page up but inactive for a few days: http://source.ncix.com/asus-tf700t-transformer-pad/

EDIT: Ok so this morning it was just a page with no way to click the buy button but i can now see that the buy button redirects you to the actual product. The only things is that the actual TF700T is not on their website if you search for it, only if you use the link i have. In any case, the price is 499 so i just put in my order and i'll be patiently waiting until the probably stock fill day of july 25th

Reactions: chriskwarren
sorry, didn't read all op. but amazon aren't too fast to move their stock up north, my money would be on ncix since they already have their template page up but inactive for a few days: http://source.ncix.com/asus-tf700t-transformer-pad/

EDIT: Ok so this morning it was just a page with no way to click the buy button but i can now see that the buy button redirects you to the actual product. The only things is that the actual TF700T is not on their website if you search for it, only if you use the link i have. In any case, the price is 499 so i just put in my order and i'll be patiently waiting until the probably stock fill day of july 25th

Sitting here with my new Acer A700...would have got the TF700T but I need something for my trip in early August.

Despite all the reported issues with the A700, fine with me so far, but I would like to give the TF700T a spin...so tempting to preorder this from NCIX and see if it ships in time for my trip.

RNGuy

Jun 21, 2008
Montreal, QC

Damn it! That's so tempting but I want a 64GB/Champagne! I went through this last time with the Prime, too. 64GB and gold ones were the very last to ship...

Mr Dasher

Jan 10, 2011
Tigerdirect.ca shippment notice - on it's way?

Hi, ordered a TF700t from Tigerdirect Tuesday morning. I received my shipping notice Wednesday morning. I should have the table by Friday (or Monday). But.... I've also seen when shipping notices are created but they aren't actually shipped until later. Not sure if this is happening here.

Mr. D

RNGuy

Jun 21, 2008
Montreal, QC
Hi, ordered a TF700t from Tigerdirect Tuesday morning. I received my shipping notice Wednesday morning. I should have the table by Friday (or Monday). But.... I've also seen when shipping notices are created but they aren't actually shipped until later. Not sure if this is happening here.

Mr. D

Hope you get it soon! 32GB or 64GB? Let us know how you like it.

polish_pat

Nov 30, 2011
Montreal

Mr. D

same thing happened to me, except i ordered monday night. then i called in on tuesday and asking them if the item was in stock and they said that even though my order was marked as shipped, it is back ordered until the 25th. This is just a very stupid way to keep customer exited about their inflated prices.

RNGuy

Jun 21, 2008
Montreal, QC
same thing happened to me, except i ordered monday night. then i called in on tuesday and asking them if the item was in stock and they said that even though my order was marked as shipped, it is back ordered until the 25th. This is just a very stupid way to keep customer exited about their inflated prices.

Wow that's actually the most stupid thing...

I have a pet peeve for poor customer service so if that was me, I would have cancelled the order before even getting off the phone...

If it's a 32GB, you might as well order from NCIX and save yourself some $$$.

polish_pat

Nov 30, 2011
Montreal
Yup...done! I've been a client of NCIX for years, should of waited for them instead of letting my geeky impatience guide me, at least i know they dont have a dildo waiting for my a**h***

Mr Dasher

Jan 10, 2011

I think Tiger direct turned out be a scam . They market it as shipped but i noticed that they havent billed my credit card. I c a n see them shipping without billing.

Boo Tigerdirect..

J

---------- Post added at 04:03 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:34 AM ----------

I think Tiger direct turned out be a scam . They market it as shipped but i noticed that they havent billed my credit card. I c a n see them shipping without billing.

Boo Tigerdirect..

J

Of course just after I posted my last comment I checked my Tigerdirect / UPS tracker and in fact my order has actually shipped and it's some were in the States.

But I will only half apologize to Tigerdirect because it still is $90.00 more than B&H.

So a small hurray for Tigerdirect.

Mr. D.

snyph3r

Jun 23, 2011
Calgary
hmm NCIX or Tiger Direct, I'm willing to pay more but if it's going to be delayed anyway I'll just use NCIX....or maybe just wait til memory express starts selling it, but it could be 3 weeks from now...decisions decisions...

snyph3r

Jun 23, 2011
Calgary
Has there been any dates set for Canada yet?
I have only read that it will be early August but that's it

This could be a blessing in disguise...at least for me...latest from samsung note 10.1 spec is really looking good, 1.4 quad core, 2 gb ram, s pen, 5mp / 2mp cameras, ir universal remote control, sms capability thru the phone (probably thru blue tooth like the smart watches....only missing is the hd screen..

Mr Dasher

Jan 10, 2011
My infinity arrived

Hi all,

Infinity arrived from Tigerdirect Monday July 23. All is good . Need to find a case, etc.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yup...done! I've been a client of NCIX for years, should of waited for them instead of letting my geeky impatience guide me, at least i know they dont have a dildo waiting for my a**h***

lol.... Well put.
    Staples, 32GB, gray. Next business day.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda app-developers app