Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
paranoidxqkmy.png

OP-1-Defy.png

OP-3-Defy.png

OP-4-Defy.png

OP-2-Defy.png

paranoid_notab.png

This is an ongoing developer project to make way for a modification that will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the experience of your phone.
For more information about PARANOIDANDROID please check this website
paranoid_instructions.png

paranoid_hints.png

Our webpage: http://www.paranoid-rom.com/

paranoid_trouble.png

This rom is based of the latest ParanoidAndroid sources and Latest Quarx CM10 sources, both as of 09-19-2012 around Noon CST. Any problems or ParanoidAndroid or Quarx's CM10 will be present in this rom. That said, most things are workings as expected, if you have problems can always report it here in the thread, I will be happy to help. This rom is fully built from source and always will be -- NO PORTING ALLOWED :p

paranoid_credits.png

A Special Thanks to Quarx, Kayant, Tezet, Nadlabak, and Epsylon3.
Thanks to these guys for general help : cdesai, m11kkaa, gokussjx, scott.hart.bti, brajesh.sharma87
D4rKn3sSyS, molesarecoming and other PA members.
ldiomedi for the images

Attachments

• PlusMS2Fix.zip
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,627
Last edited:

skeevydude

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Tips and Tricks
  • Go to Settings\Performance and enable 16bit transparency
  • FROYO KERNEL - Change the Overclock values to 300@20\700@42\1000@54 for better battery life and vsel2 usage.
    [*}All Kernels - Select "Use Default Values" in oc config to use my values for all governors
  • Restart the system once you're done changing values (dpi, layout, etc) in Paranoid Preferences to prevent glitches.

System App "Bugs" -- Valid for any CM10 Rom and CM9 for Apollo
  • If the AOSP keyboard keeps taking preference and you don't want it to, delete LatinIME.apk & LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk or rename to *.apk.bak
  • If Apollo intercepts your long press volume track change or the lockscreen music widget doesn't work correctly, delete or rename Apollo.apk
  • This rom includes (and always will) a 30 step volume mod, if it messes with your player then uncheck "Direct Volume Control" or the appropriate setting in your music app. I'm an audiophile and prefer the 30 step mod over the default 15.

Updating the Rom
  • For Dirty Upgraders (non-Factory Reset install) all you have to do is flash the rom -- no dalvik or cache wipe is required -- they're built in.
  • This rom includes GooManager and it will let you know if a new version of ParanoidAndroid available.
  • The roms in Rom Manager are from Quarx's server. I'll be removing this in later versions of PA.
  • I recommend a full factory reset when installing new versions; but I do that with every rom I flash.:p
  • Use GooManager to update this rom -- It'll automatically reboot into recovery, wipe what you selected it to, flash the rom, and flash gapps. The only thing you have to do when updating is say yes to wipe dalvik cache and reboot. :)

Bugs
  • Settings>Storage has the SDCard listed as Internal Memory
  • Settings>Dev Options>Force GPU Rendering -- can cause the Status Bar to not appear
  • Settings>Display>Enable On-Screen Buttons -- does nothing, use Settings>System>Navigation Bar instead
  • Settings>Display>Change Height -- doesn't work with Navigation Bar (see the above bug)

Last edited:

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Yes.

If this bootloops then delete the first 2 init scripts. I accidentally tested the wrong zip yesterday

sebx_g1

Nov 6, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
Ok. DEFY rom has about 45 downloads now - am I only one with bootloop ?

Now after deleting scripts it boots - but o green lens defy battery i screwed stuck at 1% . ?!!!

Last edited:

sebx_g1

Nov 6, 2009
Samsung Galaxy Watch 4
For green lens defy ?!

To solve bootloop : /credits goes to user : durithebest /

durithebest said:
hey man

open that rom .zip go to system/etc/init.d/ and delete 00aaaloadsio and 00acachewipe
than flash it

and i have a problem with battery, report if you have it too, it shows exclamation mark

Regards Oliver

Problem is battery is stuck at 1%
puvuja8e.jpg

Last edited:

nziria

play store problem

i have problem with playstore

stock UI: hybrid mode ON

problem with viber and other apps, it says that it's not compatible with my smartphone.

i cleared cache e data in playstore,and reset settings from paranoid settings

and deleted data from google service framework.

rebooted and the apps still not compatible,

can anyone can resove this problem? i have to install viber from APK to make it to work,but it's annoying

Snikeer

Jan 11, 2012
can anyone can resove this problem? i have to install viber from APK to make it to work,but it's annoying

I had this problem for quite sometime on several roms, and I've found the solution just yesterday.
The problem on the Play Store is because your LCD Density change. I'm not sure on how you have configured your phone, but what worked for me was to keep my build.prop with lcd density of 240 dpi, and then make changes by app using Paranoid Settings.

molesarecoming

Inactive Recognized Developer
Feb 12, 2012
Berlin
I had this problem for quite sometime on several roms, and I've found the solution just yesterday.
The problem on the Play Store is because your LCD Density change. I'm not sure on how you have configured your phone, but what worked for me was to keep my build.prop with lcd density of 240 dpi, and then make changes by app using Paranoid Settings.

thats right. (-:
pa does not change build.prop or system dpi at all. systems running always in default dpi. we are strongly against touching build.prop, makes simply no sense. if everythings configured right the market should be fine in whatever dpi you drop it via PA panel.
i heard from a dev that missing vendor files can cause problems, it was recently the issue on the s3. when that was cleared their market started to download happily again. gokussjx was the one that solved it. if vendor files are fine the problem is most likely on the side of the user, maybe he really changed build.prop or did something else to it.

i have mine set to tabUI btw and 200 dpi. normal for my phone is phoneUI and 320. not one issue. (-;

untitled-2cys1u.png

Last edited:

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
Ok. DEFY rom has about 45 downloads now - am I only one with bootloop ?

Now after deleting scripts it boots - but o green lens defy battery i screwed stuck at 1% . ?!!!

That was an accident. I thought they were tested but I flashed the zip I had without them. Didn't realize until I was in bed that they caused bootloops.

Is there a recommended fix? Or is it a try them all and use the one the works best?

i have problem with playstore

stock UI: hybrid mode ON

problem with viber and other apps, it says that it's not compatible with my smartphone.

i cleared cache e data in playstore,and reset settings from paranoid settings

and deleted data from google service framework.

rebooted and the apps still not compatible,

Its already been said, but I'll repeat it -- Change the dpi back to stock in the build.prop (240) and use all the settings in PA to change the dpi without breaking market functionality.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

I'll be releasing a patch later today to address the init scripts & the build version. Its still officially 1.992, only the build script sets the values to 2.00 so that's why we labeled the threads as such. I'm going to fix the roms on goo.im to reflect the same changes to minimize issues with GooManager and not have to use the patch I'll eventually release today -- I have to pick up my Dad from the hospital later today and I'll do more than post in the forums until then.

nziria

resolved setting UI to stock Hybrid OFF and cleared cache and data from play store and google framework.

i want gmail tablet ui style.how can i set paranoid settings?

skeevydude

Feb 10, 2012
Hot Springs
resolved setting UI to stock Hybrid OFF and cleared cache and data from play store and google framework.

i want gmail tablet ui style.how can i set paranoid settings?

Go to Settings -- Paranoid Settins -- Apps -- Gmail

Set the layout higher than the 360px default. You'll probably want to lower your dpi for Gmail as well -- I like 160 - 180 myself.

My Gmail is on 160dpi and 720px layout.

I should have added in the first post -- If you were using the old Defy PA, you should factory reset before switching to my PA -- it has a completely different framework with more changes and merges from both PA and Quarx.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    paranoidxqkmy.png

OP-1-Defy.png

OP-3-Defy.png

OP-4-Defy.png

OP-2-Defy.png

paranoid_notab.png

This is an ongoing developer project to make way for a modification that will entirely transform your device, but retain the aesthetics and the experience of your phone.
    For more information about PARANOIDANDROID please check this website
    paranoid_instructions.png

paranoid_hints.png

Our webpage: http://www.paranoid-rom.com/

paranoid_trouble.png

This rom is based of the latest ParanoidAndroid sources and Latest Quarx CM10 sources, both as of 09-19-2012 around Noon CST. Any problems or ParanoidAndroid or Quarx's CM10 will be present in this rom. That said, most things are workings as expected, if you have problems can always report it here in the thread, I will be happy to help. This rom is fully built from source and always will be -- NO PORTING ALLOWED :p

paranoid_credits.png

A Special Thanks to Quarx, Kayant, Tezet, Nadlabak, and Epsylon3.
    Thanks to these guys for general help : cdesai, m11kkaa, gokussjx, scott.hart.bti, brajesh.sharma87
    D4rKn3sSyS, molesarecoming and other PA members.
    ldiomedi for the images
    Tips and Tricks
    • Go to Settings\Performance and enable 16bit transparency
    • FROYO KERNEL - Change the Overclock values to 300@20\700@42\1000@54 for better battery life and vsel2 usage.
      [*}All Kernels - Select "Use Default Values" in oc config to use my values for all governors
    • Restart the system once you're done changing values (dpi, layout, etc) in Paranoid Preferences to prevent glitches.

System App "Bugs" -- Valid for any CM10 Rom and CM9 for Apollo
    • If the AOSP keyboard keeps taking preference and you don't want it to, delete LatinIME.apk & LatinImeDictionaryPack.apk or rename to *.apk.bak
    • If Apollo intercepts your long press volume track change or the lockscreen music widget doesn't work correctly, delete or rename Apollo.apk
    • This rom includes (and always will) a 30 step volume mod, if it messes with your player then uncheck "Direct Volume Control" or the appropriate setting in your music app. I'm an audiophile and prefer the 30 step mod over the default 15.

Updating the Rom
    • For Dirty Upgraders (non-Factory Reset install) all you have to do is flash the rom -- no dalvik or cache wipe is required -- they're built in.
    • This rom includes GooManager and it will let you know if a new version of ParanoidAndroid available.
    • The roms in Rom Manager are from Quarx's server. I'll be removing this in later versions of PA.
    • I recommend a full factory reset when installing new versions; but I do that with every rom I flash.:p
    • Use GooManager to update this rom -- It'll automatically reboot into recovery, wipe what you selected it to, flash the rom, and flash gapps. The only thing you have to do when updating is say yes to wipe dalvik cache and reboot. :)

Bugs
    • Settings>Storage has the SDCard listed as Internal Memory
    • Settings>Dev Options>Force GPU Rendering -- can cause the Status Bar to not appear
    • Settings>Display>Enable On-Screen Buttons -- does nothing, use Settings>System>Navigation Bar instead
    • Settings>Display>Change Height -- doesn't work with Navigation Bar (see the above bug)
    I just finished compiling PA based on CM10. :D

What sucks is both my phones have less than 40% battery so I gotta wait to see if it works. At least it compiles from start to finish :p

I'll post an update in an hour or two once the Defy is charged up and I flash it.

Figured ya'll would like to know.
    Figured I'd post something because its been a while since I've been online.

Over the past month my Dad's had surgery (appendix and part of colon removed) and I also got a job. Between helping family and work I haven't had much time to play with android.

I also found a pc in a garbage can a work (quad core intel, 3 gigs ram, 640gb hd -- better than my old dual core athlon64, 2 gigs ram, 500gb hd) and I've been getting it set up as my new build box. I'm almost done with that (still need to sync with git) and I need to set up my old pc as a file server and I'll be back in business. Updating PA is the 2nd thing on my list after I port over a new CM7 for the Bravo (the port usually only takes two hours including uploading the rom). I'm also going to look into using the custom kernel with PA.

I've been out of the loop for the past month so hotlinks to relevant custom kernel info will be greatly appreciated.

If it makes anyone feel any better, I'm still running the last PA I uploaded. Yes, I've been that busy.
    Here's where I'm at now.

An updated Paranoid is about 30-50% done -- a test build I'm probably not going to release is almost done compiling (20-40 mins or so) -- still needs quite a few cherry picks and whatnot to be fully complete and up-to-date with Quarx's CM10 base. Its almost pure PA, for the most part, so things like Proximity Sensor always on fix, backlight fix, etc aren't added yet; just some usb fixes and fm (hopefully). It'll also be a Defy+ rom with patches for Defy and Bravo -- Defy patch is only for build.prop, Bravo patch is build.prop and our imager binary -- I may just patch the imager binary for Bravo and leave branding as Defy+ since the app selection is better and do no Defy patch... Its also gonna be a custom kernel rom; so far no changes have been done, but I'm gonna add in some of Blechd0se's commits like governors, bfq, etc. I'm glad I finally found the time to get back to this -- as much as I love CM10, PA is a much funner rom imho; especially if ya can't stop fidgeting and tweaking crap :p.

/Hopefully the FM fix I did mid post works :fingers-crossed: (I'm only doing a few picks at a time to minimize errors)
    //If the test build half ass works I'll upload it -- Defy+ only, no patches, removing apps manually due to space restraints will be required; eg, an alpha build for advanced users
    ///Posted most of this in the Bravo forums -- only posting here to keep our nice, polite, and quiet Bravo forums nice, polite, and quiet :cool:

Not related to PA, but with custom kernel CM10 I easily get 40 hours of battery and that's with wifi on at least half the time, 3g on when needed, gps always on, reading xda posts from the crapper in morning for 10-20 mins (wifi), 4-6 hours of music a day, 4-6 checks of the market a day for updates, 30 mins of calls per day, 1-3 mins of torch per day, autobright on, Zram on, Comcache on, Undervolted to 300@22, 600@37, 800@47, 1000@54. Defy Green Lens with the cheapest generic battery Newegg had to offer :) -- Rom is Quarx's 11\18 with old battd if anyone is curious.

I've seen posts talking about the bad battery life with CM10 and that has never once been the case for me.

/Dammit -- gotta pick in proximity sensor (my latest build error -- sucks cause its literally right before the apps compile. Something to do tomorrow after work -- its bed time now. At least the FM fix from a few mins ago worked.