Galaxy Y Micro SD Size v/s Class Compatibility

Search This thread

abbas.ecotech

Feb 8, 2014
I currently have a 2GB card and want to upgrade to a higher size. Does the Galaxy Y support class 10 for an 8 GB or 16 GB size?

Thanks!

I currently have a 2GB card and want to upgrade to a higher size. Does the Galaxy Y support class 10 for an 8 GB or 16 GB size?

Thanks!

Galaxy y supports 32 GiB card and class 10.
I am using Sandisk 32GiB Class 10 card and no problem, very fast, reliable and working excellent.

Just remember, if you fill it above 30GiB, then after boot, media scanner takes more time. (Total 7-10 seconds)

Sent from my GT-S5360 Gadget of Mass Destruction by xda-app
using CWM........Busybox commands........ No I use my hands:D

Reactions: ImBJ

dimsar2013

May 20, 2013
Athens

Thanks!

Of course. Try the Sandisk MicroSDHC Ultra for Android. I have it's 16GB version and it works perfect with all ROMS, even stock or custom. It is fast, and you can depend ot it. Very stable and cheap of course.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Souroking

May 4, 2012
Kolkata
Actually there is no need of a class 10 card in any phone unless it has some 4k video recording capabilities. But even a class 6 card is good enough for recording 4k videos. It is just a waste of money. Only advantage you may have is faster write speeds when coping files from pc. For sgy even class 4 is more of a stretch. :p

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Thanks!

Galaxy y supports 32 GiB card and class 10.
    I am using Sandisk 32GiB Class 10 card and no problem, very fast, reliable and working excellent.

Just remember, if you fill it above 30GiB, then after boot, media scanner takes more time. (Total 7-10 seconds)

Sent from my GT-S5360 Gadget of Mass Destruction by xda-app
    using CWM........Busybox commands........ No I use my hands:D