[GAME]Cellulon: Attack of the Virii -- Released!

Search This thread

setexascustoms

Sep 5, 2010
Webster, TX
plus.google.com
Alright, I've got it fixed. Unfortunately I'm at work so the app doesn't have the proper signature. Because of that, I'll attach it here instead of in the OP. If you use this you'll have to uninstall the previous version first, and then uninstall again before installing any new versions. I'll be putting up a correctly signed version tonight.

That said, the first upgrade crash is, as far as I can tell, fixed. Enjoy!

Sweet, I'll check it out tonight. I have an HTC Incredible BTW

Jun 15, 2007
OK, so that didn't work out as well as I had hoped. That version I posted to the second page fixes the issue with the health upgrades, but it still crashes when you get the spine ones. I've fixed both and changed the attachment there. I'll attach it here as well. Sorry again for the confusion.

Attachments

• Cellulon.apk
    3.8 MB · Views: 11

murdercitydan

Jul 6, 2010
Just tried the new version, awesome. I cant get used to the controls though, trying to press a tiny button that you cant feel or see(menu key) is a rather hard task when paying attention to the game. The swipe down idea seems fine, maybe you could change jump to simply tapping the screen, maybe a certain half of the screen?

I dunno, but i cant stand trying to press menu to jump, but keep up the good work. I still like it ao far.

P.S. I know i said this last post, but im using an EVO with the latest fresh rom.

_Sent from my Fresshhh ass EVO using XDA App_

Jun 15, 2007
Just tried the new version, awesome. I cant get used to the controls though, trying to press a tiny button that you cant feel or see(menu key) is a rather hard task when paying attention to the game. The swipe down idea seems fine, maybe you could change jump to simply tapping the screen, maybe a certain half of the screen?

I dunno, but i cant stand trying to press menu to jump, but keep up the good work. I still like it ao far.

P.S. I know i said this last post, but im using an EVO with the latest fresh rom.

Actually, tapping the screen is currently used for shooting spines(and needs to be in order to be able to aim), so that's a no go. Looking at a picture of the evo, it looks like there aren't many buttons there, so I'm not sure what else I could use.

If you have any other ideas for how to do jumping on a phone like that, though, I'll be glad to hear them and will consider implementing them(assuming they don't conflict with something else).

murdercitydan

Jul 6, 2010
Actually, tapping the screen is currently used for shooting spines(and needs to be in order to be able to aim), so that's a no go. Looking at a picture of the evo, it looks like there aren't many buttons there, so I'm not sure what else I could use.

If you have any other ideas for how to do jumping on a phone like that, though, I'll be glad to hear them and will consider implementing them(assuming they don't conflict with something else).

Man, I'm dumb. Forgot about the spines because i couldnt get that far, haha.

What if you set it up so you have to tap to jump, tap again to slam, and had some sort of swipe towards the enemy to shoot spines?

Dunno, just tryin to come up with ideas. I'd love to play flawlessly on my EVO.

Although I could just be a noob at the game, haha.

Jun 15, 2007
Is it possible to add a checkpoint in the levels. I know its a bit to ask for but it would make me keep playing if I died instead of getting annoyed at starting over again.

Posted on my T-mobile G(spot)2 xD

Certainly possible and likely in the future. It'd be a bit tough to do for the initial release but I'm sure I'll be able to add it thereafter.

Sent from my Nexus One using XDA App

Jun 15, 2007
So it's looking like RC3 is pretty stable on everyone's phones. Unless any other major issues come up, I'll release this on the market as soon as I finish up my last 3 levels(releasing with 15) and tidy up the existing 12.

Thank you for your help everyone!

elracing21

Apr 11, 2009
Bronx
So it's looking like RC3 is pretty stable on everyone's phones. Unless any other major issues come up, I'll release this on the market as soon as I finish up my last 3 levels(releasing with 15) and tidy up the existing 12.

Thank you for your help everyone!

Evrything seems smooth on my end. Sucks that you can't use music for the levels. It would be cool if we can change the cells skin later on. Like maybe with a later update? Idk just throwing suggestions for you. Along with the checkpoint lol.

Anyway good job bro.

Jun 15, 2007
Evrything seems smooth on my end. Sucks that you can't use music for the levels. It would be cool if we can change the cells skin later on. Like maybe with a later update? Idk just throwing suggestions for you. Along with the checkpoint lol.

Anyway good job bro.

Ya, I'm thinking I might some time try to make it so you can use your own music and have a pause screen that pops up with a music tab that lets you choose songs. That'll take a TON of work though, so no way to do it so soon.

At any rate, thank you and everyone else for testing this for me.

GetDollaz248

Sep 24, 2010
I actually like this, maybe add a multiplayer as well for points?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA App

Jun 15, 2007
I actually like this, maybe add a multiplayer as well for points?

Sent from my T-Mobile myTouch 3G Slide using XDA App

Not a bad idea. I've been thinking about this as well, maybe something similar to new super mario bros wii, where you can jump off each other to try to reach things and vie for the most points?

At any rate, it's another possibility for the future, but not something that'll be there for initial release(way too complicated).

Jun 15, 2007
I decided to put up a demo as well. Has the first three levels(the second and third are different from those in the betas/RCs) of the full game. Free on the android market.