Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1" USB Adapter for sale

Search This thread

NyPlaya513

Dec 27, 2010
New York
Then why would they offer both? i understand what your saying an it makes perfect sense.

I went ahead and order two USB adapters from sammy. googleio code still works as of 3pm yesterday.

they offer both because they can, because there are those who want both for some odd reason or maybe just the sd card reader for those that will actually utilize cloud storage but perhaps take pictures and want a quick way to upload them to the tab without the need to carry 2 adapters

seansk

Feb 15, 2010
Los Angeles
Ok Just probably a stupid question. right now I can perfectly connect my PC to my tab with the 30 pin connector...What benefits does the adapter provide besides being able to connect for example a camera...if someone would elaborate I'd really appreciate

Thanks

mdt73

Jul 11, 2011
Clarksville
I am hoping down the road I can add a powered external hard drive... but for now, I will be content having my daughters movies on a thumb drive and not on my Tab.

Here's the ...

Detailed Description

This pocket-sized device turns your SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab™ 10.1 into a USB host, allowing you to connect compatible USB accessory devices such as keyboards, mice, thumb drives and more to your Tab™. The adapter enhances the capabilities of your Tab, providing a solution for user-friendly removable data storage or the sharing of your favorite multimedia files with your Tab. Insert a USB mouse or keyboard to improve enterprise efficiency at the office or at home. Simply connect a USB memory stick or USB cable from compatible devices to the USB port on the adapter and then insert the adapter into your Tab. Available separately is the SAMSUNG 30-Pin to USB Charging Data Cable, providing the ability to connect your SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab device to your compatible host PC, allowing your Tab to become an external modem while also charging and syncing your data.

cdf3

Mar 15, 2011
Ok Just probably a stupid question. right now I can perfectly connect my PC to my tab with the 30 pin connector...What benefits does the adapter provide besides being able to connect for example a camera...if someone would elaborate I'd really appreciate

Thanks

Being able to transfer files back and forth to a usb jump drive while on the go.
I have a 16gb version. I'd rather not store media content I don't use often because it would simply take up valuable space. Instead, I could store it on a 16 or 32 gb jump drive and transfer files as needed.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

seansk

Feb 15, 2010
Los Angeles
I am hoping down the road I can add a powered external hard drive... but for now, I will be content having my daughters movies on a thumb drive and not on my Tab.

Here's the ...

Detailed Description

This pocket-sized device turns your SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab™ 10.1 into a USB host, allowing you to connect compatible USB accessory devices such as keyboards, mice, thumb drives and more to your Tab™. The adapter enhances the capabilities of your Tab, providing a solution for user-friendly removable data storage or the sharing of your favorite multimedia files with your Tab. Insert a USB mouse or keyboard to improve enterprise efficiency at the office or at home. Simply connect a USB memory stick or USB cable from compatible devices to the USB port on the adapter and then insert the adapter into your Tab. Available separately is the SAMSUNG 30-Pin to USB Charging Data Cable, providing the ability to connect your SAMSUNG Galaxy Tab device to your compatible host PC, allowing your Tab to become an external modem while also charging and syncing your data.

Thank you..... charging is still not supported through USB. it charges extremely slow only when the screen is off, so I wouldn't really depend on that for charging. I can see how this can be useful for some people... I have a laptop Desktop and a tablet plus my phone... I use my tablet the most...laptop almost never and desktop about the same as tablet...I would start using my tablet more if the browsers on the tablets were as powerful as the ones on PC's... even Opera and Dolphin have long ways to go to give a good experience with the web not to mention the stock browser.

Never the less I think when Touch UX and icecream sandwich come out this device will be greatly improved and much more usable unlike the beta state that it seems its in right now.

iTouch24

Jun 30, 2008
NYC
went to go order and the googleio2011 code no longer works...

what other options we have ?... see people referring to sammys?

alynch75

May 29, 2006
Samsung Galaxy Tab USB Connection Kit

I ordred mine on Monday from Samsung's Website. I just received the package via UPS (I ordred the officail book cover case for it also)..... The book cover case (official from samsung) is nice however i feel it adds little to no protection. I would wait on an Otterbox for protection but if I was going to add all that bulk I could have just went with the Toshiba Thrive...... That being said.....................................overal its a great little item as I don't plan on lettting any children get their hands on it. The USB kit is great nothing to brag about. It will allow the use of a usb keyboard or mouse. I used it with a 32GB flash drive with no issues. Just make sure you use the FAT 32 or FAT 16 system for some reason it won't recognize NTFS. It worked with a 32GB Flash drive by sansdisk and it worked with a few others. My questions is I need to find an small usb adapter to put my 32GB micro sd card in. I need a really small one. Do any of you have any ideas...........................................................

cdf3

Mar 15, 2011
I ordred mine on Monday from Samsung's Website. I just received the package via UPS (I ordred the officail book cover case for it also)..... The book cover case (official from samsung) is nice however i feel it adds little to no protection. I would wait on an Otterbox for protection but if I was going to add all that bulk I could have just went with the Toshiba Thrive...... That being said.....................................overal its a great little item as I don't plan on lettting any children get their hands on it. The USB kit is great nothing to brag about. It will allow the use of a usb keyboard or mouse. I used it with a 32GB flash drive with no issues. Just make sure you use the FAT 32 or FAT 16 system for some reason it won't recognize NTFS. It worked with a 32GB Flash drive by sansdisk and it worked with a few others. My questions is I need to find an small usb adapter to put my 32GB micro sd card in. I need a really small one. Do any of you have any ideas...........................................................

My Acer I had was unable to recognize NTFS as well. I had to use an app that would partition my USB external drive into 2 partitions. NTFS for my laptop, and FAT32 for the tablet. My laptop was able to recognize both. If I wanted to send a file to my tablet, I would place it on the FAT32 partition.

cdf3

Mar 15, 2011
Just got mine today. It was not able to read none of my flash drives. They were all FAT formatted.
I went to mnt/usbdrive and nothing showed up.
Am I looking in the wrong directory?

cdf3

Mar 15, 2011
Got it working. I was looking in the wrong directory.
I was looking in mnt/usbdrive, but it's actually in /usbStorage/sda/

Raistlin1

Oct 1, 2010
I just received my connection kit from expansys.com but my Tab is in for service for the newton ring problem so I have not been able to test the SD adapter. I have a nice 16gb SD class 10 card waiting to be tested out.

Top Liked Posts