[NO FURTHER DEVELOPMENT][VOLUMEBOOST] IntenseBLAST | Speaker Volume Enhancer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Reilly9

Jul 21, 2013
Armagh
Just a heads up. I've noticed that one speaker (Bottom) is louder than the other. I'm not sure if your mod is only working for 1 speaker or its just the way these stereo speakers work lol, correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited:

ZeroInfinity

Recognized Developer
Dec 17, 2011
Brighton & Hove
Just a heads up. I've noticed that one speaker (Bottom) is louder than the other. I'm not if your mod is only working for speaker or its just the way these stereo speakers work lol, correct me if I'm wrong.

Try to clean your speaker. Someone had the same issue as you before...

My mod is tuned for both speakers of course.

My stereo speakers are balanced and always have been.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Reactions: volk9029

faisaldante

Jun 28, 2011
glasgow
Ive just installed it as well, I notice a wee bit of a different, im on gpe, but isnt gpe already loud, but i can say better sound quality.

AdrianE46

May 27, 2010
Bucharest
Strange... I don't know how that is related to volume...

I'll check the mod again tomorrow.

A lot of you people have been saying that the mod does not have an effect. I will upload an even louder version tomorrow just for you guys.

Its strange how just by editing 2 TFA files would give someone problems. I mean, those files only affect the speaker...

I reflashed the ROM and mods and eveything seems to be working properly now. Probably not the mod's fault. Sorry about that. Thanks a lot for the awesome mod Zero. You're the best. :D

randykzc

Jan 24, 2012
impressive..i notice the loudness.. like it very much..
its not as if its gonna blow up your speakers..
but it definitely boost the volume..thanks Zero..for so much testing..

s33d1ing

Jul 7, 2012
Oklahoma
I wish I tested the sound before I flashed this so I could really notice the difference but it definantly sounds louder. Before when turning on beats, the volume would drop but now it doesn't so I guess it's working :p

This and ERA v11 are working wonderfully! Great work!

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

iamisraeli

Oct 12, 2013
So this thing not increase the ringtones volume sound since there no beats icon when someone calling you...

Thijssie909

Dec 17, 2010
Hi Zero, tested some more and I can't notice the blast. I'm on GPE and don't see any modified files in the tfa folder, is that correct? Thanks for all your hard work!

Shan89

Oct 23, 2012
Hi zero , 1st I wanna say ty ! I never tough you were gonna make this cuz you were always saying " one is loud enough :p"

Anyway I feel a little to none difference , could be cuz I'm already using 1.29 patch for sound loudness. Anyway flashed clean Rom then flashed the mod , it's a bit louder tho not as much I've tough it'd be , it'd be ideal if you could make it as loud as it is without beats on with beats :p

Either way thx once again !

Reactions: -juanito-

ZeroInfinity

Recognized Developer
Dec 17, 2011
Brighton & Hove
So this thing not increase the ringtones volume sound since there no beats icon when someone calling you...

No. It only works with beats audio. It will boost any volume only when beats audio is initiated.

Hi zero , 1st I wanna say ty ! I never tough you were gonna make this cuz you were always saying " one is loud enough :p"

Anyway I feel a little to none difference , could be cuz I'm already using 1.29 patch for sound loudness. Anyway flashed clean Rom then flashed the mod , it's a bit louder tho not as much I've tough it'd be , it'd be ideal if you could make it as loud as it is without beats on with beats :p

Either way thx once again !

Well there's your problem! People who use the already available 1.29 patch will not hear any difference.

People who are in the latest ROM without any volume patch will notice a huge volume boost.

Hi Zero, tested some more and I can't notice the blast. I'm on GPE and don't see any modified files in the tfa folder, is that correct? Thanks for all your hard work!

Look on playback_beats.eq and playback_beats_l.eq

Those are the files I've modified ;)

Thijssie909

Dec 17, 2010
Somehow the files show 1 aug 08? All files in the folder /system/etc/tfa.

Thijssie909

Dec 17, 2010
Enabled beats but I guess it can be boosted more... Quality with ERA v11 is perfect though!

Zero, which GPE rom are you on?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ZeroInfinity presents... IntenseBLAST - Speaker Volume Enhancer!
    ...Emphasising the BOOM in BOOMSOUND...

What is this?

A mod which significantly boosts ONLY the speaker volume.

How do I activate this?

The volume mod will activate as soon as you enable Beats Audio ;) Beats Audio will act as a switch for the volume booster so your speakers will be louder whilst keeping the Beats Audio effect/processing ;)
    This will NOT work for AOSP roms because Beats Audio isn't available on there. Only compatible with Sense and GPE ROMs because we need Beats Audio to activate this. And no, Beats Audio can't be ported on AOSP ROMs.

How did you do it?

First of all, I already had an idea of how to increase the speaker volume. The amp (TFA9887) uses it's own configs in the /system/etc/TFA folder but the problem is, we can't edit most of the files with just using a text editor. We couldn't increase volume using the normal method (edit snd_soc_msm files) because HTC removed all of the speaker lines in the files. Secondly, the only text-editable file I could find was the .eq files. I knew Beats Audio could be enabled via the switch in Settings so I thought it would be a good idea to change some values in the .eq files to increase volume. The main function of equalizers is to increase the decibels of specific frequencies right? That's how I found out that those files could be the ones I've been looking for. My first attempt at increasing the volume was to change the values from 1 to 2. Big mistake. Even though it looks like a small increase, my speakers almost blew up. The audio was LOUD, it was so loud that it caused so much distortion. It was definitely too much for my liking. So I changed the values to 1.0000000001, 1.0000000.1, 1.0000001, 1.0001 etc. and let my tester (@Cj719) test the volume. He told me that there was a slight change in volume so I tested it myself and thought that it wasn't enough. I then changed the values to 1.1. That was the ideal number for the speaker boost. When me and Cj719 tried it, it was just perfect. It was such a drastic change in volume but not as much that it would create distortions or blow up speakers.​

Compatibility:

This will only work on HTC Devices with HTC BoomSound stereo speakers. This will NOT work on any other HTC Device without the BoomSound Stereo speakers.

If you are using another device instead of M7_U/M7_UL (HTC One International), please mount system manually from recovery before installing or else it will NOT install for you.

Credits:

@Cj719 - Without him, I would of blown off my speakers now! Thanks a lot for testing!
    @Jonas2295 for encouraging me to boost the speaker volume
    Everyone at Team Renovate for supporting me and testing for me
    Everyone who participated in the discussion of speaker volume boosting in my Project ERA soundmod thread

TO ROM DEVs/MOD DEVs:

Feel free to include this in your ROM/MOD, but it is mandatory that you credit me for my work.
    Please, don't steal my work.
    Has sense 6 got boom sound..??, I haven't looked into this yet lol... But aren't the boomsound speakers now slightly different, in size and manufacturing, just wondering if the software has been... Modified also... Dunno as I ain't got sense 6 installed or a HTC m8, just don't wanna loose this mod if installing a sense 6 rom

That's a bit of a problem...

Sense 6 has beats audio stuff stripped out of the TFA files, that means the mod won't work.

HTC has made BoomSound a bit confusing. Before Sense 6.0 and HTC One M8, BoomSound was the hardware amplifier in the dual front speakers. Now when Sense 6 and HTC One M8 was introduced, BoomSound is now an effect based on DTS/SRS Audio.

In the OP, I should mention that you need a HTC Device with BoomSound amplifier (The hardware amplifier I was talking about above) because the only HTC phones which will load TFA files would be the ones with the TFA amplifiers in it.

It might/might not work, currently untested. On IntertCoin SixthSense however, I think they have a volume speaker boost mod ready for Sense 6, maybe you can check that out ;)

P.S I will update this when the official Sense 6.0 comes out for HTC One since I'm not quite sure if HTC will get rid of all the Beats Audio files for the HTC One ;) If they do, I'll have to edit my mod on two other different files as brezzz pointed out a few posts above.
    But I wanted to listen it at low volume as expected at lower steps. :(

A generic volume booster will boost the overall audio. xLOUD boosts the overall audio even at low volume.

I have said before that I cannot change volume step by step. That's impossible.

Out of all the ways I can volume boost, you can never tune the volume step by step. It can either be boosted in all steps or not boosted at all.

Have you ever stopped to think about turning off beats audio?

Sony users would switch off xLOUD if the volume was too loud for them.

If you aren't bothered to turn off beats audio when you want to listen to low volumes, that's your problem.

You know, I did mod beats audio volume for a reason - so you can turn it off and on, like xLOUD.

Sent from mah haytch tee see Juan via Crap-eh-talk
    can I use this mod + project ERA?

-_- if I had a pound for every time people asked me this question, I'd be a millionaire.

Search the thread before asking repeated questions like this.

Like 10% of XDA members actually use the search function before asking questions...

In TWRP, there's 4 options: System, data, cashe and USB (something)... data and cashe are already ticked, do I un-tick them and tick system or leave them ticked and then tick system?

I'm on a GPE 4.4.2 ROM and flashed it and there was no difference, so I tried the mount system (un-ticked data and cashe) method and heard no difference in volume so I'm wondering if I'm doing something wrong?
    Just tick system lol. Leave the others alone :p

Have you enabled Beats Audio yet? It will only work when Beats Audio is enabled...

Oh wow... I've made a mistake on something -_-

Stay right there, I'm gonna reupload!

EDIT: FIXED http://www.androidfilehost.com/?fid=23269279319198794 EVERYONE, FLASH THE REUPLOADED VERSION! I've made a mistake on the 1st one (._.)