Galaxy S4 Spazzing out

Search This thread

SkyAttacksX

Mar 28, 2013
Florida
So I have my AT&T Galaxy S4 on stock 4.3 mk2 rooted, and every now and then my phone decides to lock itself to where I have to enter the pattern except the screen doesn't respond until I restart the phone. However holding the power button does bring the shut down, restart and airplane options up in which the screen does respond. It's a very annoying issue and I still have a year and a half with this thing to go, so any idea on how to fix it? Or even what caused it? Only "custom recovery" is safestrap which has been installed and unused for a while

Thanks in advance

G

GuestX0019

NP, not sure what to suggest--did you pull battery

guess you could odin back and start again :)

could be hardware ??

John The Rhino

Dec 25, 2013
So I have my AT&T Galaxy S4 on stock 4.3 mk2 rooted, and every now and then my phone decides to lock itself to where I have to enter the pattern except the screen doesn't respond until I restart the phone. However holding the power button does bring the shut down, restart and airplane options up in which the screen does respond. It's a very annoying issue and I still have a year and a half with this thing to go, so any idea on how to fix it? Or even what caused it? Only "custom recovery" is safestrap which has been installed and unused for a while

Thanks in advance

I had some lag issues too when my S4 did the ota from mf3 to mk2. Various apps would freeze or f/c, or at times not even open when selected. I took it to Samsung Experience Center (this was before XDA got tar files) & they re-flashed 4.3 on my phone. That solved everything. Phone was fast and lag free even stock with all the bloat ware. So perhaps try flashing mk2 and see if that solves your problems.