Help - I'm stuck in a bootloop 4 circles !

Search This thread

k500zm

Aug 5, 2013
London
I dont belieeeve it ! - I am back up and running as if nothing ever happened :)
& all my files are intact - phew.

Thankyou so much - jd1639 & tetakpatak

You have saved my bacon - I cant thank you enough ;)

jd1639

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Sep 21, 2012
Minnesota
I dont belieeeve it ! - I am back up and running as if nothing ever happened :)
& all my files are intact - phew.

Thankyou so much - jd1639 & tetakpatak

You have saved my bacon - I cant thank you enough ;)

Great job! Don't forget fastboot. Much better than a tool kit

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: k500zm

tetakpatak

Jan 6, 2013
Lucerne
Time to learn how to do things the proper way - without kits !!!

Congratulations, mate! :)

There are some good guides for ADB here (I've linked one in my i9000 thread) and the guide by comminus for Nexus 7 is excellent to understand how fastboot is working. Otherways Linux OS is much more comfortable than Windows as it needs no drivers
:)

Next time just always wipe /system next to data, cache and dalvik cache before installing a new ROM.

Happy flashing!

tetakpatalked from Nexus 7 flo

Reactions: k500zm

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    All thanked up ;)
    Yes I know I've been foolish to use a kit

Please can you tell me what I need and the steps to do this ?

Here is an excellent guide how to use fastboot:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1907796
    It is guide for Nexus 7, but the proceeding is just identic like with all other Nexus devices.

Is there no way to get cwm back on there ?

Maybe, you'll need fastboot for that too. Download the latest image file from here. Rename it recovery
    http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/mako

We'll go from there. You're going to learn a lot more than you bargained for

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using XDA Free mobile app
    Thanks guys. I am in a bit of a panic here.

couple of questions
    If my usb is connected will the nexus 4 take power from it so my battery will not drain completely ?
    Correct, but I'm not sure for the bootloader mode. I don't own a N4. Rather charge your battery first, it should work.
    Also is it possible to get my files from the device before I wipe ?
    If you're lucky, ADB might work even in bootloop if USB debugging was enabled in the developer options. As you didn't wipe, there is a small chance ADB pull might work.

IMHO the best you can do is to flash any custom recovery like TWRP or PhilZ with fastboot. The recovery.img file must be saved in the same folder where fastboot.exe is.

I assume Google USB driver is properly installed?

Fastboot must work, check in the guide I posted link for in my first post here how to check that fastboot commands are working. If "fastboot devices" returns "(your N4 serial No) fastboot" and your custom recovery is saved in proper folder, enter in CMD:

Code:
    fastboot erase recovery
    fastboot flash recovery recovery.img

After that, enter recovery mode, there is another chance your ADB pull function might work. The phone should charge in recovery mode.

To install SlimKat again, format: system, data, cache, dalvik cache (TWRP) or choose factory reset and "clean to install new ROM" in PhilZ. Then flash ROM and Gapps, best with ADB sideload.

Ok I have TWRP started on my device [ i use cwm though will my nandroid backup be compatible with twrp ?]

Good job. The nandroid won't be compatible. Let me see if I can find a cwm image. Now that you know how to use fastboot:)

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app