[APP] Eset Mobile Security Beta for Android

Search This thread

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    look nice and so, but I dont need it.

I can't uninstall why ?

Edit. found out why, tap Settings > Location and security >
    Select device administrators, deselect EMS and tap
    Deactivate before I could uninstall :D
    Tried this then tested with a test virus for android, didn't even detect it or did anything about it, all this while scanning my arc.
    Yip, I agree. But my question is this: is this app really worth having running in the background? I mean, it's using system resources and adding to battery drain.. for what purpose?

I'm sorry but any app has to have a darn good reason to have a place on my phone..! And I don't see what this app adds - even though I think ESET's done a good job of the dev on this app.

Sent from my HTC Desire HD using XDA Premium app.

ESET uses very little resources on your device.

A good reason to have it is because its best in its field and because more and more malware gets added to the Android market or off-market evry single day. Not only that but having a AV/AM on your mobile device is just or even more so of importance as your desktop.

Here is the QR code for anybody who wants it..
    ndupT.jpg
    I've been a long time user of NOD32 on my Win7 machine. It has worked flawlessly so far, very effective and unbelievably silent. If the mobile version is anything like the desktop version, I'm all up for it.
    Anyone here who can throw some light on how it compares to Lookout Mobile?

Thanks.

Has the same resources used by lookout, about 20mb, a little weak as it cant catch a test virus, has some of the features of the paid version of lookout.