[ROM][4.2.2] 4/5 |OFFICIAL- LiquidSmooth |

Search This thread

ASSMO

Aug 6, 2010
I'm wondering, if it's just because your signal is weak. Do you have LTE (4G) close to you? From your screen shot, it appears that the signal where you are, is fairly weak?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk 2

Yes but thats because I am in an apartment. But even when I am outside driving about or in a store or anywhere outside, It still fades away and data disconnects randomly. I have never had this issue before. I just flashed a version of PA and its still giving me the same issue. I gotta go grocery shopping so I am going to try it around my area and Ill get back to you. Thanks for the help!

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK
Re: [ROM][4.2.2]3/06[RC2] LiquidSmooth | nightlies in post #2|smoothies

Yes but thats because I am in an apartment. But even when I am outside driving about or in a store or anywhere outside, It still fades away and data disconnects randomly. I have never had this issue before. I just flashed a version of PA and its still giving me the same issue. I gotta go grocery shopping so I am going to try it around my area and Ill get back to you. Thanks for the help!

Which radio do you have on your phone? Mine ends LALJ2.

shaggyskunk

Recognized Contributor
Nov 22, 2011
IDK

Mines MVLBMA3 I think that might be the problem, But this is Bells new radio for the phone in Canada.

Well, you could try flashing a different radio (just make sure that you have a backup). Not that this should make much of a difference, but are you running any theme, it could affect how your signal gets displayed....?

willl03

Oct 25, 2008
Quebec
I tried to dirty flash the 3/9 nightly in second post, wpied caches, system, fixed permissions and boot was stuck after apps optimisation at "starting apps". Tried to flash the previous kernel and no change

Did the same wipes, reflashed "official" v2.1 RC2 and it's back to normal

I know these builds are not supported, just letting you guys know

wase4711

May 9, 2010
Outside of Phoenix, AZ
UCALK7 modem was the best, fastest, and most stable radio for this phone; I installed it when it came out a couple months ago, and never changed it since...
An important think to remember with Radios, is that if the one you have on your phone is working perfectly, clear, and with no isuues, do NOT ever update it, unless a special rom that you want to flash says your MUST have a particular modem...
People who always update/flash their modems, tend to be the ones who have to most radio related issues, so if it aint broke, "don't fix it"..

And, the best way to see what kind of actual speeds you are getting is to install the Speedtest App, and check your speeds that way..number of bars/symbol /display rarely, if ever, has a lot to do with what is actually being used by your phone.
With all of these custom roms that we flash to our phones, with their different ways of displaying networks, its inevitable that some weird icons/displays/symbols might turn up on your phone, so before you think there is a problem, test your throughput speeds..

ASSMO

Aug 6, 2010
UCALK7 modem was the best, fastest, and most stable radio for this phone; I installed it when it came out a couple months ago, and never changed it since...
An important think to remember with Radios, is that if the one you have on your phone is working perfectly, clear, and with no isuues, do NOT ever update it, unless a special rom that you want to flash says your MUST have a particular modem...
People who always update/flash their modems, tend to be the ones who have to most radio related issues, so if it aint broke, "don't fix it"..

And, the best way to see what kind of actual speeds you are getting is to install the Speedtest App, and check your speeds that way..number of bars/symbol /display rarely, if ever, has a lot to do with what is actually being used by your phone.
With all of these custom roms that we flash to our phones, with their different ways of displaying networks, its inevitable that some weird icons/displays/symbols might turn up on your phone, so before you think there is a problem, test your throughput speeds..

Thanks so much, I think LK7 will be for the States though. I have to find my last Radio. Would it matter if i flashed LK7??

Korrupt1

Sep 13, 2011
Edmonton
First time trying Liquidsmooth. After watching the video features I had to try it.

Searched for a while to find any kind of install steps, but nothing in this thread... was a little worried, because the ROM package was only 100mb, most roms I dl are 900mb or so. A google search showed just a regular ROM install with CWM. (Others said TWRP worked and I had that on my phone so I used it) Install froze first 2 times, even though I wiped the dalvik and the regular cache, factory reset and internal memory wiped before installing it. Then worked on the 3rd try when I wiped dalvik cache again after installing the rom before rebooting it.

LOVE the customization. Had to go back after the install to download the gapps bundle, that works great now. All my apps downloaded instantly which was nice.

Finally though, anyone have a link to the Samsung Snote Premium suite, so I can use the pen/calendar features? I don't want to download spam, and one apk I found was only 3megs, seems a bit small. Would like the Note 2 suite.

Thanks! Will be playing with the app some more for sure. Pie is a nice feature, but since I have hardware keys, pointless as I don't see anyway to customize any of the shortcuts there...mabye someone can enlighten me or perhaps add it as a feature for custom shortcuts?

Cheers!

Last edited:

willl03

Oct 25, 2008
Quebec

First time trying Liquidsmooth. After watching the video features I had to try it.

Searched for a while to find any kind of install steps, but nothing in this thread... was a little worried, because the ROM package was only 100mb, most roms I dl are 900mb or so. A google search showed just a regular ROM install with CWM. (Others said TWRP worked and I had that on my phone so I used it) Install froze first 2 times, even though I wiped the dalvik and the regular cache, factory reset and internal memory wiped before installing it. Then worked on the 3rd try when I wiped dalvik cache again after installing the rom before rebooting it.

LOVE the customization. Had to go back after the install to download the gapps bundle, that works great now. All my apps downloaded instantly which was nice.

Finally though, anyone have a link to the Samsung Snote Premium suite, so I can use the pen/calendar features? I don't want to download spam, and one apk I found was only 3megs, seems a bit small. Would like the Note 2 suite.

Thanks! Will be playing with the app some more for sure. Pie is a nice feature, but since I have hardware keys, pointless as I don't see anyway to customize any of the shortcuts there...mabye someone can enlighten me or perhaps add it as a feature for custom shortcuts?

Cheers!

S note and s planner only work on samsung roms, thats the thing you lose when you use LiquidSmooth

There are alternatives in the playstore

Papyrus, it replaces s notes very well

Google calendar, same layout, cleaner look but no pen support

Rocket42

Jul 22, 2011
Red Bluff, Ca

Cheers!

The op states to factory reset before and after flash....fyi.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Korrupt1

Sep 13, 2011
Edmonton
S note and s planner only work on samsung roms, thats the thing you lose when you use LiquidSmooth

There are alternatives in the playstore

Papyrus, it replaces s notes very well

Google calendar, same layout, cleaner look but no pen support

Ok - appreciate it & thanks - will try to see how much I really use the pen, but I did like that calendar :p

---------- Post added at 05:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:09 AM ----------

The op states to factory reset before and after flash....fyi.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Xparent ICS Tapatalk 2

Okies... didn't see that anywhere...figured I'd share my problems in a post so others who have the same issue about install instructions can see that it does work.

otisman

May 12, 2012

Man latest update batt life is sick
Much alohas team liquid
Sent from my GT-N7105 using Xparent Red Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1362975751419.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1362975751419.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 236

bigtomcat

Jun 23, 2010
winnipeg
hey

as per the radio for the Canadian roms they are all now should be ending with BMA3 as of january 2013 they are new in the roms for 4.2.1 the ones still using the old LAL2 radios those are for 4.1.1 on all Canadian carriers so as some of they guys are saying flash a new modem /radio to your rom should help you

here is the updated stock roms for all i317 and Canadian 1317M thanks to Mr Robinson easy to do if you want to start clean he has the root injected just use odin and flash newest rom it is rooted use goo manager update to newest TWRP and you can start fresh and clean

hope it helps here is a the link for all the updated stock rooted roms etc.. with new radios

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2004650

ASSMO

Aug 6, 2010
as per the radio for the Canadian roms they are all now should be ending with BMA3 as of january 2013 they are new in the roms for 4.2.1 the ones still using the old LAL2 radios those are for 4.1.1 on all Canadian carriers so as some of they guys are saying flash a new modem /radio to your rom should help you

here is the updated stock roms for all i317 and Canadian 1317M thanks to Mr Robinson easy to do if you want to start clean he has the root injected just use odin and flash newest rom it is rooted use goo manager update to newest TWRP and you can start fresh and clean

hope it helps here is a the link for all the updated stock rooted roms etc.. with new radios

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2004650

Hey man thanks a lot. Now I don't have to return to complete stock then re root everytime haha. I am still having this weird data issue where data seems to be on but there's no indicator and there's only the arrows showing. Data also seems to drop at random times but pick right back up. Thisis really weird since i've never seen this before. I just returned to complete stock and came back to this ROM and its still happening. I even flashed a different radio.

If anybody knows anything about this strange issue please let me know. I know a lot of others aren't having the issue so. Its gotta be something I'm not doing. I'm going to go to work and try it out in the real world today.

Also if you could tell me what your mobile proffered network is and what it says when you put *#*#4636#*#* into your dialer that would be sweet. Thanks!

Last edited:

Sendog2010

Aug 10, 2010
Edmonton, AB

ROM missing in link? The download seems to be unavailable from the host site. Any other links?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Original OP
    build that willbe posted here will be unofficially supported , I dont mind you guys ask for help in here , just dont expect support for a build that
    A_might not boot
    B_have some random FCs
    etc etc

for changelogs and stuff go to github and look at framework_base commits that will give you an idea of what was added in the last days .

some wallpapers..
    new build is up ill update op tomorrow .. just check on goo .
    for those not aware 'nightlies' are available on my androtransfer ... dagr8/liquids
    Agreed! I see you listed CWM as the flashing method in the OP. Is TWRP ok to use?

I don't want to start any drama considering the circumstances but can anyone briefly tell me what the differences between this and carbon are? The features lists look very similar.

well as you know carbon tree was forked from liquidsmooth

since then they went there own way

since then many things were added in liquid , I wouldnt know if these were kanged from liquid or added to carbon via an other way or if they werent added at all or what was added since then by team carbon .. I do not follow what thy do on there github at all..

liquidsmooth as there own kernel and so does carbon , afaik each kernel is unique to these specific roms and kernel plays a critical role inhow phone behaves so your best bet is to try them both ...

I could give you my opinion but ofc im biased ..

I can tell you one thing for sure when I joined liquidsmooth a few of the 'pub' optimizations were used already but not all of them , this has been corrected so you can expect the maximum smoothnest possible in an oasp based rom .

I personally got the highest linpack results I ever did before on this rom , 245 (average) @ 1.9ghz .. nugh said .

now lets not bring up the 'c' word anymore thank you (lol)