[DEV] PSFreedom Android

Search This thread

Karl0s

Feb 22, 2010
Almada
Could anyone point me on how to do this with a HTC Magic?
So, i have to:

- Extract N1-CM6-PSFreedom.zip to my SD card
- flash PSFreedom_32A_bdvd_k4roshi_signed.zip
- reboot

- terminal:
. cd /mnt/sdcard
. su
. insmod psfreedom.ko

I'm i doing something wrong?
I'm getting this:

"insmod: init_module 'psfreedom.ko' failed (Exec format error)

Thanks

EDIT:
Got it, i was doing it wrong.
In terminal u must use:

su
cd /system/lib/modules
insmod psfreedom.ko

Last edited:

chuckhriczko

Inactive Recognized Developer
Ok so are there any kernel changes here or are we just compiling the psfreedom module against the kernel? I want to get this working for us on the Evo so I need to know if we are changing kernel stuff. Also, when I want to build the psfreedom module what do I need to change? I'm very confused on that part.

crater

Feb 16, 2009
I think this needs a patch to work perfectly. It lets me backup games but not load them. I read somewhere else this happened on the first version of the n900 version as well, but it was patched to work.

KingAntonius

Aug 23, 2010
hmm, followed it all great, got the two folders up on my ps3, but it just says no installable package was found when trying to use it.

Christ1119

Aug 6, 2010
Toronto
I tried doing this, said on Terminal Emulator that psfreedom.ko can’t be installed. So after a few tries I just gave up, flashed PS3-No-More-signed.zip and the wi-fi is still not working, I'm kinda new to all this still so I just tried wiping, still didn't work wi-fi won't turn on, I'm trying a restore now so hopefully that works, but if not how else can I fix the issue?

wdfowty

Retired Recognized Developer
Jun 18, 2010
S.F. Bay Area, California
I think this needs a patch to work perfectly. It lets me backup games but not load them. I read somewhere else this happened on the first version of the n900 version as well, but it was patched to work.

The open source program removed the ability to load the games to combat piracy. you'll have to edit the source to allow this.

Hoping for something built into CM6 :) Maybe a nightly *crosses fingers*

Honestly, I don't think Cyanogen wants to be associated with this murky area of "homebrew/backups". I know a certain percentage of people will use it properly, but let's face facts: 99% of anyone that wants to use this is to play free games. Just look at the PSP.

when can we see this to the legend? and how do you copy games from torrentsites after you done this with your ps3?

So, this is almost completely pointless then in a sense....besides to backup your games.

You can't actually use "other peoples" ;) backup games?

Last edited: