[ROM] [ICS] Android Open Kang Project - captivatemtd - Milestone 6

Search This thread

sixstringsg

Retired Forum Mod / Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
Hey six, I truly admire all the work you do. My goal is to become as good a programmer as you when I'm older! (Big goal) You have a donation coming your way when I get home. Don't expect too much, I'm a poor college kid. Thanks for all the hard work you do.

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

Don't worry, I am a poor college kid as well.

markmunsch

Dec 26, 2010
Austin, TX
I really hate to ask this question because it's probably going to be a "facepalm" kind of thing but, after flashing six's bigram build 30 my IMEI has changed. I have a backup, but since I've never had to use it I wanted to make sure it was fine if I just pasted the backup of my /efs folder over the current one that has the wrong IMEI.

sixstringsg

Apr 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
I really hate to ask this question because it's probably going to be a "facepalm" kind of thing but, after flashing six's bigram build 30 my IMEI has changed. I have a backup, but since I've never had to use it I wanted to make sure it was fine if I just pasted the backup of my /efs folder over the current one that has the wrong IMEI.

Yes, just pasting should work just fine. You can't paste whole folders though, just do the individual files.

Reactions: markmunsch

markmunsch

Dec 26, 2010
Austin, TX
My AOKP with home button fix is uploading now. It will be on http://goo.im/devs/glitch/AOKP when it is done, let me know if it is fixed please.

Edit: it's up.

You're a machine man, I don't know how you keep up with all the projects you're working on here. All I can say is I truly appreciate it! You're helping extend my Captivate's life out long enough to wait for the Galaxy S3 :D.

Reactions: sixstringsg
A

asasione

Thanx six been waiting for you to come save the day. That pseudo-fix I posted has its drawbacks. My net is slow 3 hours for the download to finish

TRusselo

Inactive Recognized Developer
Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton

holy crap mine changed too!! thats one bug i did experience... last nights bigmem version..

TRusselo

Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton
oh crap one suggestion.. nova launcher included is 1.0.1 and updates immediately after running to 1.0.2. could update in next build.

TRusselo

Jan 20, 2011
Edmonton
hey i just realized bigmem - revision 1 kernel does not have glitch menu or red letters. blue standard. is revision 2 the same?

sinichi21

Oct 14, 2010
Los Angeles
It still does

Sent from my SGH-I897 using xda premium

Thanks for the reply save me time to flash really like b30 but the calendar on lockscreen is important to me =) just for the info for other like me who need that feature you guys can have bigmemory on build 29 just rip the kernel from b30 and flash the zip on this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1575485 and you have a bigmemory on b29

Ps: your on your own if you try to do this like six said he will only support the latest build of aokp

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using xda premium

Last edited:

mikel.canovas

Oct 11, 2010
Chicago
Just to compare with everyone else, under normal use (I.e. no large apps running in background) how much free ram do you have?

Sent from my SGH-I897 using XDA

sixstringsg

Apr 11, 2009
Dallas, TX
Thanks for the reply save me time to flash really like b30 but the calendar on lockscreen is important to me =) just for the info for other like me who need that feature you guys can have bigmemory on build 29 just rip the kernel from b30 and flash the zip on this thread http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1575485 and you have a bigmemory on b29

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I897 using xda premium

Well that doesn't sound like a good idea. Replacing one file, especially an older file, from a different ROM on this ROM. If you run into issues, don't report them here.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Reactions: ptesmoke

anneoneamouse

Sep 10, 2010
Can anyone help with a clarification please? In the OP, step 3, I am told to flash Team Hacksung's latest build. Searching this thread reveals just the one reference to Hacksung (in the OP). Searching the forum provides 29 possible threads. This step is not referenced in the AOKP FAQs.

Am I supposed to flash the latest ROM from this thread:
"[ROM][ICS][IML74K] teamhacksung's CM9 ALPHA for Captivate (BUILD 17)" ?

Thanks,

AoN

Top Liked Posts