transformer update!

Search This thread

androg421

Aug 25, 2011
Albuquerque
Currently on stock .17 with root and CWM.

What is the best method to get back stock recovery?

TF101 Model is C10.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2

PMad

At least you're back in action. ... Rule of thumb. Never attempt an OTA with CWM installed.

Agreed and thanks! Only issue i've run into is the OTA update is consistantly popping up and interfering with my activities, telling me i have to update! It gave me a few chances to install it and no longer is giving me any chances, so now i have to hit the home or back button to get rid of the screen, which just brings it back up again minutes later! Cant postpone it anymore... I had to flash another ROM to get it working properly again.. ugg.. Oh well, i'd rather have a custom ROM anyway!

knoxploration

Apr 23, 2011
They said 12-16 hours for the tf101 i get 18-23 hours off a single charge if im out for the weekend and have to conserve battery (granted weekend at home constant gamming etc i get 8 hours tops :p).

Plus if you read other reviews it does have a slower rate of drain in the pinion of most of the reviews compared to the prime.

Im not saying its amazing battery life its not bad and once rooted could have the same battery life as the tf101.

It is a good tablet for a good price yeah there is better available but if I had to upgrade now that would be top 3 in my list.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium HD app

You claimed it had better battery life than the Prime. That was clearly wrong. Whatever you do to drag out battery life on the TF300, you could do on the Prime too. My point stands; the TF300 is much less than a Prime with a different screen.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA

Danzano

May 21, 2011
Auckland
You claimed it had better battery life than the Prime. That was clearly wrong. Whatever you do to drag out battery life on the TF300, you could do on the Prime too. My point stands; the TF300 is much less than a Prime with a different screen.

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA

Yeah but let's be honest it is a good tab and alot of my other points still stand the prime had issues still does at least this tab seems a bit less rushed with fewer draw backs than the prime GPS,WI-FI etc

Sent from my Transformer TF101 using XDA Premium HD app

fldude99

Oct 13, 2010
I think this patch has cured the rr &SOD on mine, but the gmail app problems are worse than ever..force closes and freezes constantly. I'm now having to use gmail in the chrome browser as a workaround once the gmail app stops functioning.

knoxploration

Apr 23, 2011
Yeah but let's be honest it is a good tab and alot of my other points still stand the prime had issues still does at least this tab seems a bit less rushed with fewer draw backs than the prime GPS,WI-FI etc

Honestly, I would stay away from any Asus product until the issues with the TF101 are fixed. Even if it works right now, you may find yourself in the same situation six months down the road; saddled with an update that is fundamentally flawed, and provided with no way to downgrade back to a properly working release more than a month after Asus made it clear they were aware of the scope of the problem.

swissynopants

Jul 15, 2010
Has anyone actually received a WW version of the .21 update?

Asus France (which is way more responsive than their English counterparts) have posted that the update will be deployed today - the post is dated from yesterday (25th)

For those who speak it:

Bonjour à toute la communauté Transformer,
une nouvelle mise à jour version 9-2-1-21 pour le TF101 sera disponible demain. Elle va permettre d'améliorer:
- la stabilité du systeme
- la stabilité de l'appli Email
- l'appli AppBackup
- la stabilitéde MyLibrary
- le support XiFi Direct
- le support du dezippage via le gestionnaire de fichier
- l'ajout d'une fonction de restauration des onglet sur le navigateur Internet.
N'hesitez pas à nous indiquer si cette mise à jour a reglé ou non les problèmes de ceux qui en recnontrent encore. Nous remonterons les inforamtions à nos ingénieurs. Merci !

But of course, people are already up in arms about why this hasn't been pushed already.

Sauce:
https://www.facebook.com/asus.fr/posts/10150766112094824

sandman7793

Apr 24, 2012
Naples
www.infinitygigabyte.com
SD Card

Im staying away from it. I have test16b kernel installed over stock rom and aslong as i keep sd card out of dock theres no RR SOD or anything of the sort then OC to 1400 and its so smoth asus can just leave me alone!!!!:cool:

Outlaw979

Dec 25, 2011
Problem with update

Hi all, I'm new to this forum and I'd like to ask a question regarding the following problem:
I've TF101 with stock ICS 4.0.3 rooted with CWM 5.5.0.4,
today I saw that there is a firmware update available from ASUS 9.2.1.21 and decided to install it.
I made a backup with CWM and then ran OTA ROOT Keeper to backup my root, then ran the update. My tablet has been restarted and stucked at CWM menu screen.
I tried to make a restore but after it finished and I choose the option in CWM "reboot system now" the tablet has been restarted and entered again in CWM menu.
Please HELP !!!

Woody

Retired Admin - Vacationing in Nanda Parbat
Nov 18, 2010
Immersed in Dark Matter
Hi all, I'm new to this forum and I'd like to ask a question regarding the following problem:
I've TF101 with stock ICS 4.0.3 rooted with CWM 5.5.0.4,
today I saw that there is a firmware update available from ASUS 9.2.1.21 and decided to install it.
I made a backup with CWM and then ran OTA ROOT Keeper to backup my root, then ran the update. My tablet has been restarted and stucked at CWM menu screen.
I tried to make a restore but after it finished and I choose the option in CWM "reboot system now" the tablet has been restarted and entered again in CWM menu.
Please HELP !!!

Couple of things. You are new so, we'll give you that but there are a few things wrong here.

First you cannot receive the OTA with a custome recovery like CWM. You'll need to go the the Epic Noob Guide and check out how to install the Stock Recovery.

Second, you used OTA Rootkeeper. Good job with that bc with the ICS .21 they closed the exploit to allow Root access, so you lose root, it is gone (for now) unless you are NVflash-able.

Third, CWM 5.5.0.4 is an bad recovery and will throw you into a recovery loop, which you are in now. There is a fix for it either in the General or Q&A section. It has since been fixed but since you are in the middle of utter chaos, you'll need to read that thread to find out how. It's OP is updated frequently, so there shoudl be no problem.

Good Luck.

badpanda

Dec 29, 2011
NYC/Stamford
Yep got my update build number 9.2.1.21 today! Hoping to fix the rebooting problem.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using xda premium

GalaxySdude

Mar 2, 2011
Well, I've been running .21 since Monday night and it seems to have cured my SoD. However, I woke up this morning to find my tab in a bootloop - first time I've ever seen that :(. Had to hold down the power button to get it out of the loop. Let's hope they have a 4.0.4 build in the pipe.

CheyenneDonna

Apr 9, 2010
Three days after the latest update I had a random reboot-stuck on the spinning circle. Slightly better since I was having them 2 or 3 times a day. But the battery life has gone down and My Library app still does not work - freezes every time I open it. Stock rom for me.

zamboniman87

Jan 24, 2011
Note... if you want root, then root and use voodoo ota rootkeeper BEFORE upgrading to .21. Right now there is no way to root a completely unrooted transformer with .21 installed.

I updated (already having been rooted) and was having more stuck screens and reboots than ever. So today I wiped everything and installed .21 unrooted. Now I can root... I can't even downgrade because I don't have a custom recovery anymore either. Arg....

oh, I believe this only applies to the later transformers - ones with a higher BXX number. Otherwise nvflash can be used for the lower ones..

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Please save your dlpkg before you do your OTA update. Instruction is here (all credit to daoist):

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21240036&postcount=99

The file will help the developers to build customised roms.

Thank you in advance.

Saved,uploaded and sent. US version,

Here is the file for others.
    http://depositfiles.com/files/zgjprorsc
    I found only minor improvement in reboot issue from firmware update ...

For the people who have had the update for a while does it seem to fix the random reboot issue? That is my only problem with this device. I haven't enjoyed using it since I went to ICS.

My experience is this latest update has reduced the frequency of reboots in half.

I state that noting with my B70 I have always had difficult reproducing the reboots, SOD, .... To reproduce them, I have had to leave my Transformer powered 24/7, which is not my nominal way of operating. (Typically I would switch off 3 times/day). But if I powered 24/7, I was able every 1st or 2nd day to discover a reboot or SOD.

With the update, it now takes 2 to 4 days to obtain the same.

My view still is the problem is mostly upstream, and nothing TECHNICAL I have read thus far suggests otherwise (wrt this being mostly an upstream issue).

---------- Post added at 11:41 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:34 AM ----------

Honestly, I would stay away from any Asus product until the issues with the TF101 are fixed.

My view is that is mostly anti-Asus posturing. I've read the same anti-Asus views in MANY other posts from you.

I have chatted with some users with both non-Asus phones with ICS and non-Asus tablets with ICS, and they are also experiencing ICS instability. I have also read the same on forums of users with ICS in non-Asus forums with non-Asus hardware. They are having problems with ICS.

... so if one were to extend the logic of waiting for complete stability, then one should stay away from all ICS implementations and go for solid Honeycomb implementations no matter what supplier, because ICS has not proven itself on hardware.

I also put the above in the context of a user who has a lot of difficulty in reproducing the reboot/SOD problem with ICS, and I am happy with my Transformer and with ICS. To obtain the problems others have seen, I need to operate my Transformer in a manner which is contrary to the nominal way I prefer to operate my Transformer.
    Please save your dlpkg before you do your OTA update. Instruction is here (all credit to daoist):

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=21240036&postcount=99

The file will help the developers to build customised roms.

Thank you in advance.
    When updating the firmware, what's the step by step procedure of using OTA root keeper to avoid losing root? Thanks!
    Could you please let me know which Battery Wiget you used in your screenshot.
    Help would be appreciated.

Sure! it's Dual Battery widget