[Q] I need to relock bootloader and unroot to flash the stock rom?

Search This thread

LoddFern

Jun 18, 2014
1- Do I need to unroot the phone(xperia L) and relock the bootloader to flash the stock rom?

2-Does flashing the stock rom removes CWM(I want to remove it)?

Thank's in advance!

LoddFern

Jun 18, 2014
you can return to stock firmware using FLASH TOOL for xperia ( google it )
With this you can lock the bootloader but before that flash the stock rom @ http://xdaforums.com/xperia-l/general/sony-xperia-l-flashable-ftfs-locked-t2560642

and yes flashing stock rom with FLASH TOOL will also remove CWM
hit thanks if that helped because today i also returned to stock rom :p

Well, i'l be using flashtool to flash the stock rom, but what i am asking, is if I need to relock bootloader to flash the stock rom, and i already have a unlocked bootloader

Last edited:

LoddFern

Jun 18, 2014
FIXED

Thank's, i have another question, can i update the system while the bootloader is unlocked?

Ph3n0m3n

Jul 3, 2014
Xperia l update

Hello guys. I'm new to this forum and i have one simple question.
I have an Xperia L c2105 rooted and with unlocked bootloader. Today when I connected it to my pc i received a notification from PC Companion with an update. I couldn't update it because the program said that I have a modified software or something like that.

Can I update my phone without losing root and with the bootloader unlocked? If i flash the stock rom update do i lose root and my bootloader will be locked?

PS: Sorry for my english, i hope you can help me deal with this...:good:

faizalotai

Aug 27, 2013
Sony Xperia L
Moto G 2014
I have an Xperia L c2105 rooted and with unlocked bootloader. Today when I connected it to my pc i received a notification from PC Companion with an update. I couldn't update it because the program said that I have a modified software or something like that.

Can I update my phone without losing root and with the bootloader unlocked? If i flash the stock rom update do i lose root and my bootloader will be locked?

Firstly,updates via pc companion or SUS requires lock bootloader..if you have TA backup just restored it and it will be updated officially.
Second...Flashing new firmware will erased everything and your bootloader still will be unlocked if throu flashtool..
Third...when using flashtool, there are a few choices you can make like saving your data and etc but its recommended to wipe everything..
your data etc can be backup using 3rd party app..

The easiest way to root is using extended stock kernel v6 kernel..It has built in root and its binaries..

Reactions: Ph3n0m3n

Ph3n0m3n

Jul 3, 2014
Thank you very much. I didn't save TA when I unlocked the bootloader so I assume that I can't get it locked. So in this case I will do the update trough flashtool. After flashing the update I will just restore root. Have a nice day :)

Sent from my C2105 using XDA Free mobile app

yodude007

Feb 27, 2014
Hyderabad
No,you won't recive ota and can't update phone using pc companion and sus.You can only update phone using flashtool by flashing a ftf with the system.

i have backed up drm using backup ta and a zip file is also saved now when i try to restore some error is coming like protcol fault(read error) please help me how to overcome this problem

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    you can return to stock firmware using FLASH TOOL for xperia ( google it )
    With this you can lock the bootloader but before that flash the stock rom @ http://xdaforums.com/xperia-l/general/sony-xperia-l-flashable-ftfs-locked-t2560642

and yes flashing stock rom with FLASH TOOL will also remove CWM
    hit thanks if that helped because today i also returned to stock rom :p
    no you can flash it without locking

Firstly,updates via pc companion or SUS requires lock bootloader..if you have TA backup just restored it and it will be updated officially.
    Second...Flashing new firmware will erased everything and your bootloader still will be unlocked if throu flashtool..
    Third...when using flashtool, there are a few choices you can make like saving your data and etc but its recommended to wipe everything..
    your data etc can be backup using 3rd party app..

The easiest way to root is using extended stock kernel v6 kernel..It has built in root and its binaries..