[Stock Collection] Kernels, Modems, Firmware, Stock Tars[Current: NG4]

Search This thread

Mike_77712

Aug 16, 2017
My g900t ends calls immediatley ends calls on LTE but can make calls perfectly with 3G after flashing the latest resurrection remix , does the same thing with lineage os. Which modem should i flash?

BruceElliott

Aug 31, 2010
San Antonio
I soft-bricked my non-rooted SM-G900T by disabling some boot-critical system service using BK Disabler and now am stuck at tmo boot screen, unable to safe boot. Clearing cache, which is about the only option with stock recovery, does not help. I believe that BK Disabler sets flags to prevent disabled apps & servies from startig. I need to recover data (photos, contacts, messages, etc. if possible. Can someone please sugges what stock system components would be best flashed in order to regain boot without losing personal and app data? Or is there some method to read the internal data with the phone not booted in order to back up both personal and app data without the phone being booted? I sure appreciate any assistance.

gspears

Mar 15, 2011
Phoenix
I soft-bricked my non-rooted SM-G900T by disabling some boot-critical system service using BK Disabler and now am stuck at tmo boot screen, unable to safe boot. Clearing cache, which is about the only option with stock recovery, does not help. I believe that BK Disabler sets flags to prevent disabled apps & servies from startig. I need to recover data (photos, contacts, messages, etc. if possible. Can someone please sugges what stock system components would be best flashed in order to regain boot without losing personal and app data? Or is there some method to read the internal data with the phone not booted in order to back up both personal and app data without the phone being booted? I sure appreciate any assistance.

Have you tried using Odin to reload stock software?

BruceElliott

Aug 31, 2010
San Antonio
No, not yet. I believe that I have read that doing so will be non-destructive to my "personal" data (e.g., photos, docs, etc.) but that it will wipe out app data such as contacts (associated with Contacts app), calendar data (associated with the stock Calendar app), etc. So, I thought that before I attempt to Odin to stock I should ask about what data gets deleted by Odining to stock. If none, great; I will proceed that way. However, if Odining to stock does delete some of my data, is there some way to get my data from interna flash before flashing to stock? (I have a feeling that I will need to flash to stock in order to restore whatever system apps were frozen by BK Disabler and consequently interfering with boot.) Please advise...thanks!

---------- Post added at 02:40 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:33 PM ----------

P.S. I realize that I should have rooted in the first place in order to create periodic nandroids so that I could fully recover from a problem like this. But I did not do so while the phone was in warranty and then just forgot... For whatever reason the Samsung "Smartswitch" app never did back up everything that it should, claiming that some data was write protected. Now, after I recover from this problem, I will immediately root and backup with Titanium.

Top Liked Posts