[ROM][ICS 4.0.4] ::DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4:: [v0 "Pre-Release"][UVLH1][8.28.2012]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

ScottBroker

Jul 12, 2011
Same thing happened when I was on the Tmob radio. Like I said, it works fine from my home, and Panera......

rbtady

Nov 12, 2009
I'm showing 2 of each music and video file I have now. One does not play though. Does anyone know how to fix this?

tdizzle404

Nov 27, 2010
North Georgia
I'm showing 2 of each music and video file I have now. One does not play though. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Maybe a bad flash I don't seem to be experiencing that.

tdj Thank you for making use of the bell icon in the thread title I like it. It really grabs your attention.
Venom is running nice plus the Name makes me feel more like a man."lol"The only name I could think of for a rom to make it more manly would be like The Chuck Norris Rom. lol Anyways great job and thanks for all the time and effort you have put into your roms.

Last edited:

Chochiwpg

Feb 3, 2012
Winnipeg
Since I am on the Telus network and wifi calling isn't an option for me, I would assume it is safe to flash the TLLE4 ICS MODIFIED Telus RADIO? thanks.

Docmjldds

Jan 27, 2010
Henderson, NV
It has been stated several times that you should use one of the TMobile Radios if you are intending to use WiFi calling; issues may arise otherwise.
I have zero issues with wifi calling. I can call out no issues. I receive calls no issues. I have no delays as some report with "proper radios". Not trying to go against OP. I just happened to be testing various radios and right now, I have terrific data speeds and wifi calling works for me. I just also sent a 575kb mms test jpg and it sent and downloaded almost immediately. Just reporting what is working here. I posted screen shots earlier showing the Tellus radio installed but using the data network averaged between 13 and 17 mbps on average download. Most hovered in the mid 15-mid 16 range when I stayed with my closest server, here in Las Vegas.

Reactions: Chochiwpg

jovy23

Jan 23, 2012
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
Been running Version 2 the whole day and i love it so far! Battery life is way better and also the smoothness. Even wifi calling works and there is no delays on my end and im using the UVLE1 radio and it seems to connect to wifi quickly. I wonder what it will be like in performance if this rom was implemented with the Linaro Tweak.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: SupaKid

SupaKid

May 11, 2010
Been running Version 2 the whole day and i love it so far! Battery life is way better and also the smoothness. Even wifi calling works and there is no delays on my end and im using the UVLE1 radio and it seems to connect to wifi quickly. I wonder what it will be like in performance if this rom was implemented with the Linaro Tweak.

THIS, right here.

I've been wondering this for some time, too.

-greenboy-

May 1, 2011
Triangle, VA
Simple search didn't answer, appreciate if someone can...

in some of your earlier builds I able to download different language pack for swype to use as swype keyboard.

In this ROM I am not able to do so.. I only have some languages which I can make them active but not able to download new...

can someone tell me how to do that?

afawzi

Dec 19, 2010
You don't have to flash the entire package. You can just pull bout "GoogleGallery.apk" and push to /system/app

:: DARKSIDE ::

"I am turned into a sort of machine for observing facts and grinding out conclusions..."

I tried pushing the app manualy fixed permission and also tried to install the entire package. The ICS galary open up display the pictures i have on Picasa but I cannot do anything with it. I cannot forward , share or post any pic to google plus. Am I missing something or do I need any other files? I did also clear cash, Dalvik and fixed permission using Darkside cash wipe.

Splaktar

Aug 10, 2010
Melbourne, FL
The issue with apps not opening after you tap the icon is still present.. Happened to me on the phone app and messaging app. Reboot solves it but I'm assuming it's gonna happen again over time.

I just got this again this morning with Apex launcher on v1. So it isn't isolated to Go Launcher EX. Others have reported it with TW as well. I made it 23 hours this time tho, my best yet.

---------- Post added at 10:01 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:00 AM ----------

I can not use UOT kitchen to edit any of the files from this rom. Does anyone know why? Or know a work around so I can. It seems to only be with this rom. After right up load the files and submit my work to the kitchen. On the pick up Paige it always gives me an error. As I said it is only with this rom. Please the the way the framework is compile over something?

No one seems to know here. Maybe try asking the UOT kitchen devs?

SirRastusBear

Dec 29, 2011
Holiday,FL

A similar thing happened to me a couple releases back. Copy the contents of your external SD card to your PC. Then format the card using your PC. Then add back the files from the copy you made on your PC. That fixed it for me.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA

ScottBroker

Jul 12, 2011
Anyone have a way to increase the number of people from 10 on a group mms using the mms TDJ included????

vsot13

Feb 15, 2012
Chicago
Simple search didn't answer, appreciate if someone can...

in some of your earlier builds I able to download different language pack for swype to use as swype keyboard.

In this ROM I am not able to do so.. I only have some languages which I can make them active but not able to download new...

can someone tell me how to do that?

Try this http://jbthemes.com/djdarkknight/daswypethemes/, but you have to uninstal swype from your phone first. Work for me

defconoi

Oct 31, 2008
SCHUYLKILL HAVEN
www.android-unleashed.com
Anyone experiencing lag with v2 wait for sync and reboot after. Seems to fix it all up. Yesterday I did notice apex launcher didn't allow me to open any apps like some were reporting.(v1) Tried killing all apps in app manager but it didn't help. Rebooting was a temp fix, I did however enable force 2d rendering which could have caused it unless it happens to people with it disabled.

root_galaxy

Mar 8, 2012
I just flashed this ROM yesterday but I'm having issues taking a screen shot, home + power and power+ vomlume- is not working. Anyone else having this issue? :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [ROM][ICS 4.0.4] ::DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4:: [v0 "Pre-Release"][UVLH1][8.28.2012]

*WARNING! I Am Not Responsible For Anything That Happens To Your Device*

:: DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4 ::

..A DARKSIDE DEVELOPMENT..

** PLEASE READ ENTIRE OP THOROUGHLY BEFORE ASKING ANY QUESTIONS OR REPORTING ANY BUGS **

:: SUGGESTED RECOVERY ::

>>> TWRP RECOVERY 2.2.0 <<<

Included:

CLEAN, FAST, SMOOTH, & FULLY FUNCTIONAL !!!
    • Enhanced/Optimized Stock ICS ROM - *VERY MINOR* visual changes
    • UVLH1 4.0.4 Based ROM (TMO-T989 Official)
    • 3.0.8 Stock Kernel w/ Modified ramdisk << Waiting on source...
    • NO ECHO
    • Rooted
    • Deodexed
    • Busybox
    • bash
    • Zipaligned
    • Zipalign on boot
    • Removed "BLOAT"
    • Init.d support
    • Boot animation support
    • 5x4x5 TouchWiz Modified Launcher
    • Added Scrolling Wallpaper support
    • Fixed Gallery3D to support scrolling or static wallpapers w/ TW Launcher
    • Customizable 15 toggle quick panel (Thanks to @lengendk95)
    • Added Recovery & Download to Power Menu
    • Enabled SIP Calling over WiFi and 3g/4g
    • MMS Enhancements
    • Battery Notification disabled
    • DARKSIDE scripts
    • sysrw/sysro scripts
    • Enabled "Stay Awake" in Development Settings
    • SGS2 International shutdown/boot animation
    • Removed AM/PM from status bar
    • Updated Framework
    • Updated Statusbar
    • Samsung Keyboard, Swype, and ICS stock Keyboard
    • Fixed ADB
    • Enabled statubar brightness slider thingy
    • Removed Exchange security policy
    • BLN support

Working:
    • DATA
    • WIFI
    • WIFI CALLING
    • GPS
    • BLUETOOTH
    • WIRELESS TETHER
    • USB TETHER
    • MMS
    • MMS OVER WIFI CALLING

Known Issues:
    • Reboot/Shutdown Hangs: Scroll down to the >>> MODS <<< section and read the DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE description...

Pro Tips:
    • Coming soon...

Instructions on flashing DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION:

* FULL WIPE ALWAYS *

01. Download ROM (Link is Below)
    02. BACKUP ALL APPS with preferred method (ie: Rom Toolbox, Titanium, My Backup, etc..)
    03. Place ROM on ROOT of your SD card. (ie: /sdcard)
    04. Boot into Recovery Mode
    05. Do a NAND BACKUP!!!
    06. Flash DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE (OPTIONAL - ROM will do this by default)
    07. Flash an ICS ready radio (Links below)
    08. Flash ROM.
    09. After flashing is complete, Reboot...
    10. Let device sit for 10min without touching, then reboot.
    11. Done!

Please don't start flashing any mods that were not done by me! Unless the mod was specifically made for this rom, with parts from this rom. Don't flash any radios unless they're specifically for ICS, the ril from gb roms will cause phone not to boot.

I know that ICS is new and a lot of people are unfamiliar. You must read! Please don't think ICS is anything similar to gingerbread.

My Change Log:
    Code:
    [FONT="Trebuchet MS"]
    [B]DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4 [8.29.2012] [v0][/B]

* "Pre-Release" 
    [/FONT]

** PLEASE respect my work and ask before posting mirrors or using any parts **

>>> DOWNLOAD <<<

>>> DARKSIDE.EVOLUTION.4 v0 <<<
    [DOWNLOAD HERE]
    [8.29.2012]

md5: a4e9c5e0dcd059867e490c44b1dc6003

THIS WILL SUPER.WIPE BY DEFAULT! BACK UP YOUR APPS!

:: SCREENSHOTS ::
    Screenshot_2012-05-12-11-42-21.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-15-09.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-15-01.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-15-57.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-15-37.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-16-10.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-13-04.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-16-22.jpg

:: TW Launcher 5x4x4 MOD ::
    Screenshot_2012-05-12-11-12-12.jpgScreenshot_2012-05-12-11-26-00.jpg

Kernel Source [FOUND HERE]
    Fire powwwwwwah!

>>> RADIOS <<<

>>> Tmo UVLE1 ICS MODIFIED RADIO <<<
    [DISCONTINUED]

md5: 2d4f9b49780c2181c476e8c075ee41eb

>>> Tmo UVLC8 ICS MODIFIED RADIO <<<
    [DISCONTINUED]

md5: 25b9d39fd866c5fe86d547d730ba2da8

**I HAVE REMOVED THE RILS FROM THESE RADIOS! PLEASE USE THESE RADIOS IF YOU WANT GPS AND DATA TO WORK WITHOUT ISSUE! PLEASE DONT REPORT ANY DATA/GPS LOSS IF ON ANY OTHER RADIO BECAUSE I ALREADY KNOW**

>>> TOOLS <<<

>>> DARKSIDE.SUPER.WIPE <<<

md5: c72773dd349b6e2656e72e6273a26cdb

>>> DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE <<<

md5: b00eba3c7f647b6235aa32a11f25fc2a

"so that is the reason for the darkside.cache.wipe... because you cant wipe the cache in recovery... recovery as in CWM right? except through script like in your Darkside.cache.wipe?" (Quote from @Rushing)

ONLY USE THIS IF YOU NEED TO WIPE CACHE'S OR FIX PERMISSIONS IN CLOCKWORK MOD RECOVERY. THIS IS TO BE FLASHED IN RECOVERY! This replaces the need for using the broken built in CWM recovery functions. The DARKSIDE.CACHE.WIPE script will wipe both the /cache partition and the dalvik cache. After its has completed the wipe, it will then fix permissions (the correct way). This should hopefully fix that damn ICS reboot hang issue once and for all.

>>> MODS <<<

>>> Volume Wake <<<
    [DISCONTINUED]

Here is where I stand after a lot of thought on all this.. I am a firm believer in pushing the community forward. Innovation, creativity, and originality are the keys into doing this. I am definetly not happy with the way people act around here, especially some of the new "devs". There is no sense in not helping the community when I am able. I know that I can deliver a solid ROM based off the stock Samsung firmware. It will continue along the line of minimal ui changes and focus more on ux. Updates will not be as rapid and before, but development will be consistent until I am happy with where the project ends up. I will be moving in 2 days, so I don't think I will have anything ready for another week or so. This is not an eta, just letting you know where I am at... let's do the damn thing and show them that there feeble skills are no match for the power of the DARKSIDE!
    If anyone is still interested.. Expect an update with the new UVLH1 android 4.0.4. NO ETA..

Taking requests for things people would like to see.. will not guarantee I will implement everything suggested.. but open for ideas
    I will be releasing v2 BETA01 tonight. V2 rebases of the uvcl8 t989 base and gives us back all functionality. Base is stable and screaming fast. Plus I know a lot of people will be happy to get wifi calling back... no exact time, but sometime tonight for sure. Still a few things that I have to do.. but I know u guys will be more than happy with my progress. To note, everything works within the rom

:: DARKSIDE ::

"I am turned into a sort of machine for observing facts and grinding out conclusions..."