The Trio Stealth Pro 7 & CM9

Search This thread

Goes1967

Jul 20, 2010
New York City
I'm in the same boat as xtreme... I flashed to AOKP0708, installed gapps, then 1.2.0... soft keys and wifi weren't working so I rebooted into recovery again, installed the 3rd party cbw.zip...

I've tried a couple different versions of AOKP, and the Original LY-F1 firmware you posted (which was in Chinese/Japanese, that was a good time! :p haha), wifi didn't work on any of them.

You can easily change the language of the original LY-F1 from settings to English and you will be fine.:cyclops:
Now, as WIFI didn't work on any of the ROMs you tried, I think that it is not the software that is causing the problem, it will be either the WIFI on the tablet itself (hardware issue), or your router settings, I suggest taking your table to a public WIFI and give it a try and see what happens.

Goes1967

Jul 20, 2010
New York City
got pass gaap signature verification but now llyf1 1.2.0 zip gives same msg failed signature verification any suggestions

---------- Post added at 12:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:33 AM ----------

hey I didn't back up rom form allwinner tablet anyone have an link to it

I posted a link to an original LY-F1 firmware here, look for it. It is in Chinese, but you can change the language to English from the language settings first option on the right. If you ever need to re-flash it, you have to do it suing livesuite.

helium9

Mar 10, 2011
Wifi Doesn't Return

Hey guys,

first of all, thanks for the people who are helping us "newbs" in getting our tablets set up, your posts have helped me very much in getting my tablet to CM9.

now to my issue, I have a Trio Stealth Pro 4.0 and it came rooted without Google Play, I sideloaded Google Play and subsequently installed CWM 5.5.
Afterwards, I installed CM9 and once it booted it up it was all good but I lacked Wifi and the soft keys. Using the LY F1 third party 1.2 zip got the soft keys to work but Wifi was still off.

At this point I read around the net and found a repository with LyF1 stock firm ware and proceeded to install the latest version (0.7.1) for board version (A710) and still lacked wifi. At this point I wondered if my wifi adapter had died in the transition from stock to CM9. I reverted to stock and Wifi still did not return.

At this point I managed to install the Gingerbread version of the LY F1 firmware and WIFI Is back! From here, I tried the firmware posted earlier based of ICS and WIFI has disappeared again.

Seems to be a driver issue.
What data can I provide to better resolve this problem. I just wanted CM0 working! Thanks in advance.

Goes1967

Jul 20, 2010
New York City
Hey guys,

first of all, thanks for the people who are helping us "newbs" in getting our tablets set up, your posts have helped me very much in getting my tablet to CM9.

now to my issue, I have a Trio Stealth Pro 4.0 and it came rooted without Google Play, I sideloaded Google Play and subsequently installed CWM 5.5.
Afterwards, I installed CM9 and once it booted it up it was all good but I lacked Wifi and the soft keys. Using the LY F1 third party 1.2 zip got the soft keys to work but Wifi was still off.

At this point I read around the net and found a repository with LyF1 stock firm ware and proceeded to install the latest version (0.7.1) for board version (A710) and still lacked wifi. At this point I wondered if my wifi adapter had died in the transition from stock to CM9. I reverted to stock and Wifi still did not return.

At this point I managed to install the Gingerbread version of the LY F1 firmware and WIFI Is back! From here, I tried the firmware posted earlier based of ICS and WIFI has disappeared again.

What data can I provide to better resolve this problem. I just wanted CM0 working! Thanks in advance.

I never had a problem with WIFI connection unless i put it on anything other than always enabled in its advance settings.
The problem with the WIFI connection as you said, is a driver issue, from what it seems based on your experience. If someone can crate a compatibility zip specifically for this tablet from its original firmware, this would solve all of the problems regarding this tablet.

Orionoya

Aug 28, 2012
Wifi lost

Hey guys,

Hello and thanks for the help. I’m in the same situation that you with my Trio Stealth 7 pro. I have installed CM9 and once it booted it up it was all good but I lost the Wifi too so I reverted to stock recovery image that I had created and Wifi still did not return. I’m thinking as well that is driver issue. How can I help to solve this problem? Thanks.

Goes1967

Jul 20, 2010
New York City
Hello and thanks for the help. I’m in the same situation that you with my Trio Stealth 7 pro. I have installed CM9 and once it booted it up it was all good but I lost the Wifi too so I reverted to stock recovery image that I had created and Wifi still did not return. I’m thinking as well that is driver issue. How can I help to solve this problem? Thanks.

This is strange, because if you reverted back to the stock image, the WIFI issue should have been solved, this also happened with another user and it was only solved with the Gingerbread version. It looks like the gingerbread version of the drivers are much better than the ICS ones.
As for how to compile a compatibility zip file for this tablet, I don't know how to do that, maybe if we ask Christian Troy, the guy who is providing CM9 will be able to tell us how to do so.

travisc

Sep 30, 2007
I'm in the exact same boat also! if someone could make a compatibility zip that'd be awesome!

jaylawery

Feb 26, 2011
Seattle
did your sound work when reverted to gingerbread?

[/COLOR]

Did you lose sound when you reverted to gingerbread? I did the exact same thing as you but when on gingerbread I had no sound. If I go back to ICS I have sound but no WiFi.

I have some logcats of the WiFi turning on when it works, and when it doesn't if anyone is interested in seeing them. I hope we can get this figured out soon, I'm going to be flying a lot over the next year lol.

Last edited:

travisc

Sep 30, 2007
[/COLOR]

Did you lose sound when you reverted to gingerbread? I did the exact same thing as you but when on gingerbread I had no sound. If I go back to ICS I have sound but no WiFi.

I have some logcats of the WiFi turning on when it works, and when it doesn't if anyone is interested in seeing them. I hope we can get this figured out soon, I'm going to be flying a lot over the next year lol.

Exactly the same for me.

Orionoya

Aug 28, 2012
Firmware

Just do a google search for LY-F1 android 2.3.4 firmware, I'm not at my pc or I would give you a link. Any chance you would want to upload your original firmware for me to try?

dropbox.com/sh/812ckg2k6pi4p6a/5HgasbXmNe/Trio%20Stealth%20Pro%207c%20Backup

Here is the link to my recovery files. I hope it would help.

xtreme113

Aug 19, 2012
Hallo
Have tryed diverent roms , everything that has to do with android 4 gives me no wifi , but sound .
2.3.4 gives me back wifi but NO Sound .

So oure Hardware is fine but the drivers are not right .

I have a backup of my stockrom but I cannot use it from 2.3.4 have to flash another 4.xx rom first to get cwm to run and read back my backup with the result nor Wifi

I am very close to put the tablet in the trash , specialy because I dont get any support from Machspeed , a downloadlink to the official 4.0.4 would be enough but nothing , that company is a piece of Sh.....
:eek:

Hope we get help here .
Thanks in advance to everybody who is willing to help .

Goes1967

Jul 20, 2010
New York City
Hallo
Have tryed diverent roms , everything that has to do with android 4 gives me no wifi , but sound .
2.3.4 gives me back wifi but NO Sound .

So oure Hardware is fine but the drivers are not right .

I have a backup of my stockrom but I cannot use it from 2.3.4 have to flash another 4.xx rom first to get cwm to run and read back my backup with the result nor Wifi

I am very close to put the tablet in the trash , specialy because I dont get any support from Machspeed , a downloadlink to the official 4.0.4 would be enough but nothing , that company is a piece of Sh.....
:eek:

Hope we get help here .
Thanks in advance to everybody who is willing to help .

Mach speed's tech support is nothing but a myth, I also tried everything to get the original firmware with no success, even their support web site is useless.

Orionoya

Aug 28, 2012
Info

Hi. I have been trying some roms, with the gingerbread LY-F1 2.3.4 20120207 0.7.1, I have the same problem; I have wifi but not sound. Looking if in this tablet works the usb host, I installed the application USB HOST CONTROLLER and I found that the tablet has 8176:0bda realtek 802.11n Wlan adapter more specific I think: vendor: 10ec ("Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd."), device: 8176 ("RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"). I did this on gingerbread.

Might anyone confirm this on their tablet please? Just to check if it’s the same chip and try to look for help or a solution.
Something else does anyone has this firmware F1-2.3.4-20120312-0.9.1-a721574 installed just to know if happen the same with the audio I think is the last one 2.3.4 for the LY-F1 but I can’t downloaded in the official page is everything in Chinese.
Thanks to everybody I hope we could figure out something.

xtreme113

Aug 19, 2012
Hi. I have been trying some roms, with the gingerbread LY-F1 2.3.4 20120207 0.7.1, I have the same problem; I have wifi but not sound. Looking if in this tablet works the usb host, I installed the application USB HOST CONTROLLER and I found that the tablet has 8176:0bda realtek 802.11n Wlan adapter more specific I think: vendor: 10ec ("Realtek Semiconductor Co., Ltd."), device: 8176 ("RTL8188CE 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter"). I did this on gingerbread.

Might anyone confirm this on their tablet please? Just to check if it’s the same chip and try to look for help or a solution.
Something else does anyone has this firmware F1-2.3.4-20120312-0.9.1-a721574 installed just to know if happen the same with the audio I think is the last one 2.3.4 for the LY-F1 but I can’t downloaded in the official page is everything in Chinese.
Thanks to everybody I hope we could figure out something.

Same on my tablet , usb host controller shows under 2.3.4 8176:0bda , Realtek 802.11n WLAN Adapter.

Another thing . installed the last build CM10 , its not working at all , without any compatibility file it is starting up to the locksceen , but no touchsreenfunktion
with compatibility 1.2 0r 1.1 or 1.2-cbw it starts to boot but then it hangs at the circle boot animation.

Goes1967

Jul 20, 2010
New York City
Same on my tablet , usb host controller shows under 2.3.4 8176:0bda , Realtek 802.11n WLAN Adapter.

Another thing . installed the last build CM10 , its not working at all , without any compatibility file it is starting up to the locksceen , but no touchsreenfunktion
with compatibility 1.2 0r 1.1 or 1.2-cbw it starts to boot but then it hangs at the circle boot animation.

This happened to me too when tried Christian's CM10, but with this one everything works, but it looks that the ROM overlooked the system partition all together, as I only had the internal 2GB storage adn the external SD card only seen by the tablet.http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1662324 see if this ROM will fix your WIFI guys.

jaydub56

Aug 31, 2012
Trio Stealth Pro

I have the same device shown below. I have read and followed the instructions. Nothing has worked. Can you tell me specifically which CM9 file, which gapp file, and which comp file you used? Please? Thank You

I got this tablet sold by Mach speed technology for about $90.

Specifications:

Dimensions- W7.5” x H4.8” x D0.4”
Operating System- Android™ 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
CPU – A10 Cortex A8 1.2 GHz
GPU – Dual Mali-400 2D/3D core
RAM – 512MB DDR3
Flash storage – 4GB Internal
Display – 7 inch TFT LCD
Native Resolution – 800×480 pix
Expansion – Micro SD card slot (up to 32GB), Mini HDMI Socket
Wireless LAN – Realtek 8188
Video Output – HDMI Ver 1.4 output
Native video support – AVI(H.264), DIVX, XVID, RM, RMVB, MKV, WMV (non encrypted), MP4(H.264, MPEG, DIVX, XVID), MPEG, MPG, FLV. HD 1080P max.
Native Audio Support – MP3,WMA (non encrypted),MP2,OGG,M4A,MA4,FLAC,3GP,WAV
Battery – Li-Ion rechargeable, up to 6 hours playtime

There are no information online regarding this tablet and it is hard to know anything further about it. Technical support sucks, so I thought of sharing my experience here maybe will help others.

This tablet is an LY-F1 clone, and I was able to install custom recovery, as well as a CM9 based ROM on it, now this tablet is running very well for its value.
If you need further assistance I will be happy to help.
Li ink to the ROM HERE.

Goes1967

Jul 20, 2010
New York City
I have the same device shown below. I have read and followed the instructions. Nothing has worked. Can you tell me specifically which CM9 file, which gapp file, and which comp file you used? Please? Thank You

Here is CM9 http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Allwinner_A10_Developers/christiantroy/roms/
If you prefer to install AOKP http://www.androidfilehost.com/main/Allwinner_A10_Developers/christiantroy/aokp/

For both of them
Gaps http://allwinner-cm9.googlecode.com/files/gapps-ics-20120429-signed.zip
compatibility zip http://www.androidfilehost.com/main...sc/3rd_party/lyf1_compatibility_1.2.0_cbw.zip
Don't forget to flash the files in the same order they were posted.
ROM, gaps and last compatibility.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I got this tablet sold by Mach speed technology for about $90.

Specifications:

Dimensions- W7.5” x H4.8” x D0.4”
    Operating System- Android™ 4.0 (Ice Cream Sandwich)
    CPU – A10 Cortex A8 1.2 GHz
    GPU – Dual Mali-400 2D/3D core
    RAM – 512MB DDR3
    Flash storage – 4GB Internal
    Display – 7 inch TFT LCD
    Native Resolution – 800×480 pix
    Expansion – Micro SD card slot (up to 32GB), Mini HDMI Socket
    Wireless LAN – Realtek 8188 (mine is 8192 which made it work with ICS custom ROMs)
    Video Output – HDMI Ver 1.4 output
    Native video support – AVI(H.264), DIVX, XVID, RM, RMVB, MKV, WMV (non encrypted), MP4(H.264, MPEG, DIVX, XVID), MPEG, MPG, FLV. HD 1080P max.
    Native Audio Support – MP3,WMA (non encrypted),MP2,OGG,M4A,MA4,FLAC,3GP,WAV
    Battery – Li-Ion rechargeable, up to 6 hours playtime

There are no information online regarding this tablet and it is hard to know anything further about it. Technical support sucks, so I thought of sharing my experience here maybe will help others.

This tablet is an LY-F1 clone, and I was able to install custom recovery, as well as a CM9 based ROM on it, now this tablet is running very well for its value.
    If you need further assistance I will be happy to help.
    Li ink to the ROM HERE.
    SOLUTION FOR YOUR MACHSPEED TRIO 7INCH READ

just ordered another one, also just bought the Samsung galaxy tablet 2 7.0. It's rooted and custom ROM ! love it. As for the Trio.. Very disappointed lol

I know what a piece O`sh@t,I had it for 10 minutes before I decided it needed Google Play so i imediately tried the procedure in the OP and BOOM semi -bricked and nothing worked until I tried an A13 image ,the OP states in it A10 which is understndable because that is what it says in the specs,but as soon as I installed the ROM and the compatibility file it crashed on me which sucked because it was a present for my kids and I had to put it under the tree not working,but After finding a bunch of images I narowed it down to 2 images for this device which work the best which is the F1 (A13) 4.0.4 firmware update to 20121129.1.1.1 at link http://www.lyxfsz.com/cn/downs_view.htm?id=63 which doesn't have the orientation correct (inverted-upside down ) but everything else works and last but least my final choice which everything works but not the greatest battery life which is called mom09 hyper edition Image file named - TRAGiC-A13-DEC2012-404-ICS.img which can be founde here with instructions at this link http://www.androidtablets.net/forum...eneric-7-a13-android-4-0-4-hyper-edition.html PLEASE NOTE that these come pre-installed with Google -play and I would recommend installing SuperSu,Root Browser Lite,SetCPU set minimum above 700 and leave maximum alone it appears that this CPU is already maxed out at its current maximum setting because it wont behave with any higher setting I have found out also use adaway to minimize the ads and maybe try battery calibrator app and memory booster. as I stated this one works the best however WiFi signal is a bit weak at times the fixed buttons on face don't work but are not needed and orientation works fine in all apps including Netflix as well..you will need Live-suite to flash this image and follow instructions from the link above if you don't know where to get live-suite I suggest Google it or check in this thread if the link from a previous post still works ..I would post Live Suite but I am not sure if it is considered WAREZ or not..I know I posted similar post with some of this info but this has more of final info ..Anyways I hope this helps Someone ,I know finding and researching is frustrating and if you don't know what you are looking for exactly you will never find what you need so Again I am posting this in an effort to help the community with a solution to get there MachSpeed Trio 7 back to a working state with Google-play etc..
    EDIT LINK TO LIVE SUITE 1.09 HERE http://www.4shared.com/zip/u8bgCi3y/LiveSuitPack_v109.html
    I would like to thank the original Devs and Contributors to these links I provided I am not sure who to thank ,but please know I apreciate your hard work and efforts..
    IF THIS HAS HELPED YOU IN ANYWAY OR AT LEAST POINTED YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION THAT MEANS I DID MY JOB!!!SO PLEASE PRESS THANKS TO SHOW APPRECIATION FOR THIS INFO..... PLEASE!!!THANKS!! HAVE A BETTER DAY!!!
    I just purchased mine today and would love some assistance because tablet needs a new Rom bad. Which custom recovery are you using? I tried using the original recovery and it just sits at the android with his chest open. Please lead me to the promise land.

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using xda premium

First you need to flash CWM recovery from here https://www.dropbox.com/s/lp4ev9cnp7joq3y/CWM Recovery 5 ICS.zip, follow this instructions.
    Then go to this thread and install CM9 http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1760929
    Confirmed success on Trio + Tips

I have recently installed successfully the ROM mentioned in post #237 (Ployer/MOMO A13) on my Trio Stealth Pro 7c (A13). I can confirm that it boots fine and WiFi works on it.
    Here are a few tips for the process:

1. The ROM download page requires a password, the page indicates that "The password is updated". You need to read that sentence literally: type the word "updated" into the password box...

2. The UI upon boot is in Chinese. to switch to English: launch the settings app, select the item with the icon that looks like an "A" (languages), then select the first item on the top. The next screen will be the list of languages (in English). select the desired language.

3. The keylayout files provided in this ROM map the volume-up and volume down buttons incorrectly. (volume up triggers volume down, volume down triggers "menu". To correct this follow CAREFULLY the following procedure:
    - Download a file explorer app that can work in root mode (I use es file explorer, then turn on the root options in the settings menu)
    - navigate to the following folder: /system/usr/keylayout
    - find the file sun4i-keyboard.kl and edit it as TEXT
    - find the line "key 139 MENU", replace it with "key 139 VOLUME_DOWN" (AFAIK this file is case sensitive!)
    - find the line "key 114 VOLUME_DOWN" replace it with "key 114 VOLUME_UP" (AFAIK this file is case sensitive!)
    - save the file
    - reboot

A few additional notes:
    - The 3 buttons on the front don't work. I didn't find them very useful anyway
    - The camera works
    - Google play works
    - Video playback seems improved (I use dice player)
    - accelerometer doesn't seem to be working, screen does not auto rotate (probably a driver missing, will try to find a solution next)
    Trio 7 A10 images

Edit: These ROMs are NOT compatible with a A13 tablets like the Trio Stealth Pro 7C. If your tablet does not have a working HDMI port, do not install these ROMs.

I've posted several packages to my GoogleDrive. All of them can be had from this folder: Trio7-A10 There are different versions of these packages depending on whether your g-sensor is a bma250, an mxc622x, or an mma7660. The first two are below, the third (with the mma7660) is described in another post: ROM for WiFi-challenged Trio A10 Tablets

Two of them contain raw disk images taken from near-virgin tablets. It's up to you to get them installed (e.g. cat bootloader.img > /dev/block/nanda). They are: trio7-a10-bma250-stockimg.zip and trio7-a10-mxc622x-stockimg.zip

A better choice for most people is the combination of a LiveSuite image to prepare the tablet and an update.zip to install a stock JB (4.1.1) with extra features.

LiveSuite Images - trio7-a10-bma250-dopa-v2.img and trio7-a10-mxc622x-dopa-v2.img
    Each .img repartitions the tablet's NAND to increase the size of the /system and /data partitions, then installs a bootloader, CWM 6.0.2.8 recovery, and a temporary boot partition. The first time you boot after flashing, it will format various partitions then reboot into CWM so you can install an update.zip. Note: The .img file is only 25mb because it contains no usable /boot or /system partition - you must install either my JB package or another package such as CM10,

Update Zip - trio7-a10-jb-dopa-v2.zip
    This installs a stock JB 4.1.1, the basic GApps (including PlayStore), and a few useful apps like ESFileExplorer. It is fully rooted and provides init.d support. Beside adding a few tweaks taken from CM10, init.d is used to install the proper gsensor driver and support files, and to move the dalvik-cache to your /cache partition, freeing up 75+mb on the /data partition. Note: Neither this version of JB nor CM10 will fit into the stock ROM's 256mb /system partition. If your /system partition is already larger (300mb minimum), you can install this zip without using the LiveSuite image - it will not touch your /data partition.

bma250 or mxc622x?
    Good question, few easy answers If you're still using the stock ROM (and are rooted), look in init.sun4i.rc in the root folder to see which driver is loaded. Otherwise... The older your tablet is (at least 6-8 months), the more likely you are to have the bma250. If you've installed numerous ROMS and have never been able to get the gsensor to work, you probably have the mxc622x. If you've never been able to get WiFi to work with any ROM you've tried, you probably have an mma7660 and should refer to the post described above. If all else fails, try both LiveSuite images (you will have to reinstall JB if your first attempt fails.

DoPa