willl03

Oct 25, 2008
Quebec
I've moved my development to W03 Slim
See thread HERE

-----------------------------------

Temasek.jpg

TEMASEK'S UNOFFICIAL CM11 BUILD

I am proud to present to you the Temasek Rom + W03Tweaks. This is a build forked off CM with countless features and tweaks under the hood. The brain behind the source is TEMASEK. Many of the additional features come from SlimRom and various teams like PA, AOKP, Omni, etc. A huge thanks to them for their work and dedication. Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project.

All credits and thanks to TEMASEK and THE DEVS who made this rom possible!!!

Feature List.... Its a long one and growing every day!
  • CM based
  • Insane amount of edits/tweaks/fixes to make this build absolutely fly
  • HALO
  • Active display
  • TRDS (blacked out phone UI)
  • Custom lockscreen targets
  • Custom lockscreen options
  • Customizable nav bar and power menu
  • Status bar options (clock, date, network speed, etc.)
  • Notifications and Quick Settings options
  • Custom system animations
  • ListView animations
  • Recent RAM bar
  • Numerous other options hidding throughout the build

Instructions

Read this first -> CLICK ME

Coming from Samsung / other AOSP Roms
  • Wipe Caches + Data / Factory Reset
  • Install Rom
  • Install Gapps
  • Reboot

Coming from previous versions of my builds of Temasek
  • Wipe Caches
  • Install Rom
  • Install Gapps
  • Reboot

----------

TEAMSEK CHANGELOG

CLICK HERE

----------

Credits

• TEMASEK, for putting this source together
  • Shareef Ali,Tony Layher, Drew Suarez (cm maintainers of note 3)
  • Cristiano Matos
  • SlimROM
  • OmniROM
  • AOKP
  • CarbonROM
  • ChameleonOS
  • ParanoidAndroid
  • DerTeufel
  • PartimusPrime (bootanimation for temasek builds)
  • SleepinDevil (his assistance to troubleshoot/fix bugs)
  • Vadonka (sponsor of temasek.hopto.org server)
  • powwow88 (creator of my custom cm10 bootanimation)
  • paour (contributor to github sources)
  • All other coders for making CM possible!

Translators

• Team leader - @brunodmjr
  • German (de) - doncarloz
  • Croatian (hr) - redrum781
  • French (fr) - ElGoretto
  • Spanish (es) - Prowler
  • Portugese (pt) - tiagovale2
  • Portugese-Brazilian (pt-rBR) - brunodmjr
  • Dutch (nl) - daanismyname
  • Dutch (nl) - danielllb
  • Russian (ru) - ValeraSh

A donation to our note 3 cm maintainers to show your appreciation. Thanks!

DISCLAIMER
Code:
 * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
 * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
 * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
 * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
 * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.

Last edited:

willl03

Oct 25, 2008
Quebec
w03tweaks.jpg

I want this rom to be the go to for a CLEAN AOSP experience. Ultimate battery, performance and reliability OUT OF THE BOX, that's the goal of the rom. I picked the source that impressed me the most to do add my own layer of optimizations over it, tailor made for our device and it's hardware, more than a bot building the same source for 15 different devices. This rom may not be for those who feel the need to flash nightlies and even weeklies as I will always pick refinement over the addition of features. The base will only be updated when a new version is proven to be as clean as current version and when time allows it. To those who like the sound of it, you're in for for something great :)

W03Tweaks are back in v47.1

- Boosted headphone volume. Let's say our hardware capability is 0db, stock CM value was -7db, and our new value is +3db. So +10db boost. Note at full volume you might get a bit of audio clipping if your music is loud and well peaked, just take it down a notch
- Simplified multi-core handling
- Tweaks to PegasusQ governor, for optimal speed and battery
- ROW default CPU scheduler
- Disabled gentle-fair sleepers = better deep sleep
- AFTR+LPA sleep mode = better deep sleep
- 2048kb storage read-ahead = better sd cards performance
- Fixed Android 4.3+ possible battery drain related to gsiff_daemon
- Built-in ad-block host file
- Few ringtones and notification sounds from Samsung roms
- Greater virtual memory values for our big 2gb RAM
- Slower wifi scan = better battery
- Other deep sleep tweaks
- Disabled useless error-checking (logcat still works)
- Optimized mobile data connection (TCP buffers and fixed radio settings)
- Enabled AMR wideband calls for carriers that supports it

4.4 Known Bugs:
* Known CM 11 bugs
* You tell us

----------

DOWNLOAD MODIFIED TWRP RECOVERY 2.6.3.1 WITH FIXES FOR 4.4

DOWNLOAD ROM
ROM Mirror

DOWNLOAD 4.4 GAPPS
Gapps Mirror

It is not recommended to flash SuperSU anymore, caused issue to some people. The built in Superuser now works with ART, it's our reliable root

----------

Recommended Apps:
* Greenify: More than a task killer, it prevents apps from taking ressources when you're not actively using them. Awesome!
* Papyrus: A great alternative to S Notes

Let us know that you think of the rom and say hi in the thread, keep it a friendly place and HELP each other!

Last edited:

willl03

Oct 25, 2008
Quebec
From our BeanStalk thread

Got some huge news tonight guys

BeanStalk has been a priceless rom to build an use from the start, since android 4.4 it's got harder to maintain, bugs staying there release after release and some too deep for me to fix

With the free time that comes with the holidays I've looked for a new source for us to base on. It's been a though call but I'm confident I made the right one and you'll be the ones who judge of that ;)

There will be no more BeanStalk + W03Tweaks

Our new rom will be Temasek CM11 + W03Tweaks

I've been working on it and running it during the last days and I have to say: it's the best rom I've ever run

Imagine the features we love of beanstalk, and without the bugs, source being built super carefully and updated very often

The perfect rom if there's a such thing hehe :)

We've been an incredible team in this thread, and fear not this is not over it's just getting better

In here

I won't close this thread, wil be open for people who want to keep using BeanStalk but my work focus is on Temasek rom now and I invite you to give it a shot (and have your mind blown :p)

Good weekend people!!

This is the new BeanStalk 8)

Last edited:

mashuto

Jun 21, 2013
You sir are a machine!

Thanks for this, sad to leave BeanStalk, but I don't doubt that this will be the next great thing for my note 2!

willl03

Oct 25, 2008
Quebec
OMG man, don't you ever rest? :D

All I need is to see your name and I trust it's an excellent product. Going to flash this tomorrow. :good:

I'm honored man!! hope you'll like it

Sometimes I rest, when the rom compiles ;)

It's FINALLY ALIVE!!! Hahahaha ;)

YES, and thanks to you again for what you do Ronnie, your support in the threads and breaking down the builds to nail down bugs

it's appreciated :good:

You sir are a machine!

Thanks for this, sad to leave BeanStalk, but I don't doubt that this will be the next great thing for my note 2!

Ineed, won't disapont :)

Features of beanStalk without the bugs

Senyaka

Feb 28, 2013
I'm honored man!! hope you'll like it

Sometimes I rest, when the rom compiles ;)

YES, and thanks to you again for what you do Ronnie, your support in the threads and breaking down the builds to nail down bugs

it's appreciated :good:

Ineed, won't disapont :)

Features of beanStalk without the bugs

You're more than welcome brother. Thanks for allowing to break down the builds. ;)

nelly_85

Nov 10, 2011
Tried flashing the Rom..... It got stuck in a boot loop. Ended up restoring my omni back up. I even installed the new twrp recovery as well.... Still wouldn't load. Tried 3 times.

Sent from my SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

sapps

Mar 17, 2007
Looking forward to this. :)

Oh my. Just for the ability to increase font size this was all worth the switch. I could barely see anything. I'll finish going through everything tomorrow. Thanks @willl03.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

---------- Post added at 12:40 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:38 AM ----------

Tried flashing the Rom..... It got stuck in a boot loop. Ended up restoring my omni back up. I even installed the new twrp recovery as well.... Still wouldn't load. Tried 3 times.

I just downloaded and it started up no problem for me.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk 4

Sqb

Jan 22, 2011
Thank you for this will! Your builds and tweaks are awesome and your hard work shows each build. Thank you for sharing with us

Sent from my GT-N7105 using Tapatalk

Reactions: Senyaka

Senyaka

Feb 28, 2013

Had no issues myself. However, the Goo download failed for me, on both my phone and PC. But the Dev host worked fine. Maybe a bad download or possibly a upload. Did you flash anything else with the Rom?

With myself, I always flash busybox, animation mod, modem, cpusleep, and some inverted google apps as well. I've not had a problem yet doing so, since 4.2.2 but if you are flashing extra stuff and it's hanging, they may also be the cause. But if you haven't already try the Dev host Link.

ctruong17

Oct 23, 2011
This ROM is so perfect. Amazing work Will03! My daily driver hereon out! Alas my search for a new ROM has ended.

Sent from my GT-N7105 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

mashuto

Jun 21, 2013
Have it up and running! Sensors still seem a bit screwy though, compass/gyro rotates backwards and seems to stop working requiring a reboot to come back, also my proximity sensor was stuck on my first boot, will have to test tomorrow if its working properly.

Otherwise, solid! Would love to see system DPI settings added back, but I was able to get that working with pimp my ROM. Going to test app settings shortly!

Edit: app settings seems to be working just fine!

Also, are the sensor issues I am experiencing ROM related or kernel related? I had the exact same issues with the last two beanstalk releases by will. As far as I can tell its an issue with 4.4.2

Is anyone else having these issues or know how to fix them? This is my last sticking point for these ROMs and might be a dealbreaker making me head back to my last solid beanstalk 4.4rc1 release.

Last edited:

nelly_85

Nov 10, 2011
Only flash gapps and the Rom and that's it..... Will try reflashing the recovery and see if that fixes the issue.

sofia-captivate

Mar 7, 2011
Vancouver
So is this rom better than beanstalk? And can someone check if snapchat video recording works or its stops at 1 sec?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

Senyaka

Feb 28, 2013
Only flash gapps and the Rom and that's it..... Will try reflashing the recovery and see if that fixes the issue.

Let us know how you go brother.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

So is this rom better than beanstalk? And can someone check if snapchat video recording works or its stops at 1 sec?

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

ROM is as good and imho smoother. There are a few little things missing, but they will probably be included in future updates. Snapchat video works but you need to set the quality to low. If you use standard you will only get 1 second. I've found this to be the case on all 4.4.2 ROMs I've tried.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Have it up and running! Sensors still seem a bit screwy though, compass/gyro rotates backwards and seems to stop working requiring a reboot to come back, also my proximity sensor was stuck on my first boot, will have to test tomorrow if its working properly.

Otherwise, solid! Would love to see system DPI settings added back, but I was able to get that working with pimp my ROM. Going to test app settings shortly!

Edit: app settings seems to be working just fine!

Also, are the sensor issues I am experiencing ROM related or kernel related? I had the exact same issues with the last two beanstalk releases by will. As far as I can tell its an issue with 4.4.2

Is anyone else having these issues or know how to fix them? This is my last sticking point for these ROMs and might be a dealbreaker making me head back to my last solid beanstalk 4.4rc1 release.

Havent had any issues with the Senors at all my friend. For myself they are working just fine. And with the other testers I'm pretty sure they haven't had issues with it either.

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

Ohhhh. I'm here Will03..you are awesome..since I have never,,,, never been on one ROM for this long (bs) I will deff flash this and follow you...... Still. You rock!

Sent from my SGH-i317
Using SkyBlue Xparent Tapatalk

Welcome to the Temasek family sis. ;)

brittoking

Apr 12, 2008
Let us know how you go brother.

---------- Post added at 07:18 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:16 PM ----------

ROM is as good and imho smoother. There are a few little things missing, but they will probably be included in future updates. Snapchat video works but you need to set the quality to low. If you use standard you will only get 1 second. I've found this to be the case on all 4.4.2 ROMs I've tried.

---------- Post added at 07:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:18 PM ----------

Havent had any issues with the Senors at all my friend. For myself they are working just fine. And with the other testers I'm pretty sure they haven't had issues with it either.
NO ISSUES WITH SENSORS HERE. NONE. (And that's the first thing I test, when I'm testing for Will on each new build, cuz I love me some active display!)

---------- Post added at 07:21 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:19 PM ----------

Welcome to the Temasek family sis.

---------- Post added at 01:48 AM ---------- Previous post was at 01:46 AM ----------

This is EVERYTHING you said it was Will! Features of BS with the quickness of a slim rom build. Can't wait to see this go "viral" on here brother lol!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I've moved my development to W03 Slim
    See thread HERE

-----------------------------------

Temasek.jpg

TEMASEK'S UNOFFICIAL CM11 BUILD

I am proud to present to you the Temasek Rom + W03Tweaks. This is a build forked off CM with countless features and tweaks under the hood. The brain behind the source is TEMASEK. Many of the additional features come from SlimRom and various teams like PA, AOKP, Omni, etc. A huge thanks to them for their work and dedication. Also a big thanks to everyone involved with CM as that is the building stone in this project.

All credits and thanks to TEMASEK and THE DEVS who made this rom possible!!!

Feature List.... Its a long one and growing every day!
    • CM based
    • Insane amount of edits/tweaks/fixes to make this build absolutely fly
    • HALO
    • Active display
    • TRDS (blacked out phone UI)
    • Custom lockscreen targets
    • Custom lockscreen options
    • Customizable nav bar and power menu
    • Status bar options (clock, date, network speed, etc.)
    • Notifications and Quick Settings options
    • Custom system animations
    • ListView animations
    • Recent RAM bar
    • Numerous other options hidding throughout the build

Instructions

Read this first -> CLICK ME

Coming from Samsung / other AOSP Roms
    • Wipe Caches + Data / Factory Reset
    • Install Rom
    • Install Gapps
    • Reboot

Coming from previous versions of my builds of Temasek
    • Wipe Caches
    • Install Rom
    • Install Gapps
    • Reboot

----------

TEAMSEK CHANGELOG

CLICK HERE

----------

Credits

• TEMASEK, for putting this source together
    • Shareef Ali,Tony Layher, Drew Suarez (cm maintainers of note 3)
    • Cristiano Matos
    • SlimROM
    • OmniROM
    • AOKP
    • CarbonROM
    • ChameleonOS
    • ParanoidAndroid
    • DerTeufel
    • PartimusPrime (bootanimation for temasek builds)
    • SleepinDevil (his assistance to troubleshoot/fix bugs)
    • Vadonka (sponsor of temasek.hopto.org server)
    • powwow88 (creator of my custom cm10 bootanimation)
    • paour (contributor to github sources)
    • All other coders for making CM possible!

Translators

• Team leader - @brunodmjr
    • German (de) - doncarloz
    • Croatian (hr) - redrum781
    • French (fr) - ElGoretto
    • Spanish (es) - Prowler
    • Portugese (pt) - tiagovale2
    • Portugese-Brazilian (pt-rBR) - brunodmjr
    • Dutch (nl) - daanismyname
    • Dutch (nl) - danielllb
    • Russian (ru) - ValeraSh

A donation to our note 3 cm maintainers to show your appreciation. Thanks!

DISCLAIMER
    Code:
     * I am not responsible for bricked devices, dead SD cards,
     * thermonuclear war, or you getting fired because the alarm app failed. Please
     * do some research if you have any concerns about features included in this ROM
     * before flashing it! YOU are choosing to make these modifications, and if
     * you point the finger at me for messing up your device, I will laugh at you. Hard. A lot.
    w03tweaks.jpg

I want this rom to be the go to for a CLEAN AOSP experience. Ultimate battery, performance and reliability OUT OF THE BOX, that's the goal of the rom. I picked the source that impressed me the most to do add my own layer of optimizations over it, tailor made for our device and it's hardware, more than a bot building the same source for 15 different devices. This rom may not be for those who feel the need to flash nightlies and even weeklies as I will always pick refinement over the addition of features. The base will only be updated when a new version is proven to be as clean as current version and when time allows it. To those who like the sound of it, you're in for for something great :)

W03Tweaks are back in v47.1

- Boosted headphone volume. Let's say our hardware capability is 0db, stock CM value was -7db, and our new value is +3db. So +10db boost. Note at full volume you might get a bit of audio clipping if your music is loud and well peaked, just take it down a notch
    - Simplified multi-core handling
    - Tweaks to PegasusQ governor, for optimal speed and battery
    - ROW default CPU scheduler
    - Disabled gentle-fair sleepers = better deep sleep
    - AFTR+LPA sleep mode = better deep sleep
    - 2048kb storage read-ahead = better sd cards performance
    - Fixed Android 4.3+ possible battery drain related to gsiff_daemon
    - Built-in ad-block host file
    - Few ringtones and notification sounds from Samsung roms
    - Greater virtual memory values for our big 2gb RAM
    - Slower wifi scan = better battery
    - Other deep sleep tweaks
    - Disabled useless error-checking (logcat still works)
    - Optimized mobile data connection (TCP buffers and fixed radio settings)
    - Enabled AMR wideband calls for carriers that supports it

4.4 Known Bugs:
    * Known CM 11 bugs
    * You tell us

----------

DOWNLOAD MODIFIED TWRP RECOVERY 2.6.3.1 WITH FIXES FOR 4.4

DOWNLOAD ROM
    ROM Mirror

DOWNLOAD 4.4 GAPPS
    Gapps Mirror

It is not recommended to flash SuperSU anymore, caused issue to some people. The built in Superuser now works with ART, it's our reliable root

----------

Recommended Apps:
    * Greenify: More than a task killer, it prevents apps from taking ressources when you're not actively using them. Awesome!
    * Papyrus: A great alternative to S Notes

Let us know that you think of the rom and say hi in the thread, keep it a friendly place and HELP each other!
    From our BeanStalk thread

Got some huge news tonight guys

BeanStalk has been a priceless rom to build an use from the start, since android 4.4 it's got harder to maintain, bugs staying there release after release and some too deep for me to fix

With the free time that comes with the holidays I've looked for a new source for us to base on. It's been a though call but I'm confident I made the right one and you'll be the ones who judge of that ;)

There will be no more BeanStalk + W03Tweaks

Our new rom will be Temasek CM11 + W03Tweaks

I've been working on it and running it during the last days and I have to say: it's the best rom I've ever run

Imagine the features we love of beanstalk, and without the bugs, source being built super carefully and updated very often

The perfect rom if there's a such thing hehe :)

We've been an incredible team in this thread, and fear not this is not over it's just getting better

In here

I won't close this thread, wil be open for people who want to keep using BeanStalk but my work focus is on Temasek rom now and I invite you to give it a shot (and have your mind blown :p)

Good weekend people!!

This is the new BeanStalk 8)
    wonder if this will be switched to slim...

Hey guys

Recently I've been short on time, little time I have for android was put into bringing Slim to note 3 and making a custom rom with it

On the Note 2 I'll keep building Temasek CM11 to have more diversity on both devices, here you have the official slim and no temasek and it's the opposite on note 3

Will build the new version around the middle of the week, huge update

O/

Sent from my SM-N900T using Tapatalk
    Yes! Yay! Finally great news!
    I was very happy on 47 build, but after that heads up I flashed 50 and hopefully will stay on it forever because all builds from Will Beanstalk and Temasek are very good. So I really believe to stop flashing after this build, because everything working just fine.
    BTW I've never had any problems with Bluetooth audio in car or headphones. I'm using Seinheiser MX500 and listening music minimum 3hrs everyday. Considering that I've regularly flashed all beanstalk and temasek ROMs.

What's coming is not the end it's a new beginning just like the switch from BeanStalk to Temasek

This time a rom on Slim base instead of CM, much less trouble for the Note 2

For a while I've been working on W03 Slim for my TMO Note 3, I'm going to build it for Note 2 too now that Temasek is pausing his work

Huge update is coming to my rom that will be v7, that's where Note 2 game starts

See thread and changelog to find out about the rom

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2638116
    https://docs.google.com/document/d/1z8hXpY2KRRIrpCgUx9Ol011OREbXt92WUOAvzILZv-w

In a few words it's SlimKat with nice features we find in Temasek, all done with ultra attention to quality, pure bugless beast

All credits to the Slim team, badass source and to the coders of features

Can't wait to share it with you guys, probably this weekend o/