Updating viper rom 2.3 -> 4.3 bricked phone

Search This thread

AlexG236

Jan 17, 2013
NYC
www.Facebook.com
Hello All,

I would like to start by saying that i am a huge fan of XDA DEV and everything that has been done here for the android community. I myself am a noob , more or less , so i basically bricked my phone.

I decided to update my viper one rom to 4.3 9 from (2.3 ) and came across zero access to CWR and bootloops.

SOMEHOW... i managed to use ADB as well as tool kits to reinstall a cwm ( after about 100 attempts ) .. and reflash my old 2.3 viper rom.

Now i cannot access my nandroid backup which i made before flashing to 4.3. I am going to try to reflash an older version of CWRM and maybe it will be there.

Furthermore, i would like to know what the proper procedure to upgrade my device . If anyone would be so kind and instruct me, i will appreciate it.

Thank you!

EDIT :::
- I am S-on ( probably makes a difference )

Last edited:

GUGUITOMTG4

Oct 26, 2011
GuGuPlace
Hello All,

I would like to start by saying that i am a huge fan of XDA DEV and everything that has been done here for the android community. I myself am a noob , more or less , so i basically bricked my phone.

I decided to update my viper one rom to 4.3 9 from (2.3 ) and came across zero access to CWR and bootloops.

SOMEHOW... i managed to use ADB as well as tool kits to reinstall a cwm ( after about 100 attempts ) .. and reflash my old 2.3 viper rom.

Now i cannot access my nandroid backup which i made before flashing to 4.3. I am going to try to reflash an older version of CWRM and maybe it will be there.

Furthermore, i would like to know what the proper procedure to upgrade my device . If anyone would be so kind and instruct me, i will appreciate it.

Thank you!

EDIT :::
- I am S-on ( probably makes a difference )

HI, You are NOT bricked. (bricked means non fixable)

TWRP is clearly mentioned by op on viper thread "AT LEAST Twrp 2.6.3.3 required (If you experience issues with Twrp 2.6.3.4, please downgrade by flashing TWRP 2.6.3.3 through the ViperOne installer main menu)

Sprint and Butterfly support is not available on 4.x.x yet. Last working rom for Sprint and Butterfly S is 3.5.0"

Are you on sprint? see above
Also, when s-on, need to extract boot.img and flash it via fastboot (fastboot flash boot bootimg).
clean install imminent for that huge update.
read first page again for better understandinghttp://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2334294

don't mention "bricked" and will find more help