Pure Stock 1.55.605.2 TWRP Nandroid Backup

Search This thread

Roland_K

Nov 7, 2012
Pure Stock 1.55.605.2 TWRP Nandroid Backup ((( TWRP Recovery Only )))

This can be used to either update to the newest firmware or to use in the future to return to stock for other OTA's.

Have tested it severals times and had no problems.

FROM YOUR PHONE:
Download Root Explorer
Download the Pure Stock 1.55.605.2.zip ((( IM me if the links go down, I will add new ones.)))
Unzip the Pure Stock 1.55.605.2.zip
Double click on the HT43ASF08359 folder
MOVE (Not Copy) The 2014-04-20--10-11-12 KOT49H release-keys folder and place in in the TWRP folder / Backup folder / Phone Marker folder. ((( Mine is HT43ASF08359, yours might be different. )))
Reboot into recovery and restore

Thats It!

If any problems please leave them in the comments below.

THANKS,

UPDATE:

If you haven't done a backup before with TWRP then there won't be a folder for you to put this file in. Do a backup of your current Rom and then follow the steps above. This will give you the folders you need.

Phone Marker Folder: is a folder that the TWRP Recovery generates to store the backup in and is different with each phone.

This is what the folder should look like on the sdcard,
TWRP ----> Backup ----> Phone Marker folder ( Mine is HT43ASF08359, your might be different) Then the file you downloaded from me ----> 2014-04-20--10-11-12 KOT49H release-keys

If you just put the 2014-04-20--10-11-12 KOT49H release-keys file in the backup folder and not the Phone Marker folder then it won't show up when you go to restore the backup.

UPDATE: again

LINKS are live again!!!!!

Last edited:

Roland_K

Nov 7, 2012
The Root Explorer and Pure Stock 1.55.605.2 Links

This can be used to either update to the newest firmware or to use in the future to return to stock for other OTA's.

FROM YOUR PHONE:
Download Root Explorer
Download the Pure Stock 1.55.605.2.zip (((IM Me and I will send you the link to download both.)))
Just unzip the Pure Stock 1.55.605.2.zip
MOVE (Not Copy) The 2014-04-20--10-11-12 KOT49H release-keys folder and place in in the TWRP folder/Backup folder

Thats It!

They are uploading now.

Also the Pure Stock Nandroid is exactly how it sounds, Pure Stock. It will be as if you just started you phone for the first time. Has all the bloatware, bells and whistles. Nothing has been added/removed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tigerstown

Roland_K

Nov 7, 2012
New Link Are Up!!!

FROM YOUR PHONE:
Download Root Explorer
Download the Pure Stock 1.55.605.2.zip ((( IM me if the links go down, I will add new ones.)))
MOVE (Not Copy) The 2014-04-20--10-11-12 KOT49H release-keys folder and place in in the TWRP folder / Backup folder / Phone Marker folder. ((( Mine is HT43ASF08359, yours might be different. )))

Thats It!

THANKS,

UPDATE:

If you haven't done a backup before with TWRP then there won't be a folder for you to put this file in. Do a backup of your current Rom and then follow the steps above. This will give you the folders you need.

Phone Marker Folder: is a folder that the TWRP Recovery generates to store the backup in and is different with each phone.

TWRP ----> Backup ----> Phone Marker folder ( Mine is HT43ASF08359, your might be different) Then the file you downloaded from me ----> 2014-04-20--10-11-12 KOT49H release-keys

If you just put the 2014-04-20--10-11-12 KOT49H release-keys file in the backup folder and not the Phone Marker folder then it won't show up when you go to restore the backup.

New Download Links Have Been Added!!!

Tigerstown

Inactive Recognized Contributor
Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
I did this and I'm stuck on the splash screen, any ideas?

Thanks

Have you tried a hard reboot? You updated firmware prior to doing this correct?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 11:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:07 PM ----------

LINKS are up now!!! If they go down please IM me and I will add new ones.

Good look on this as how I'm totally updated an it is working great no problems restoring/booting nothing.

Infinite7154

Jul 14, 2011
Rochester, NY

FROM YOUR PHONE:
Download Root Explorer

Thats It!

THANKS,

UPDATE:

Anyone using this backup has to remember to change the phone marker folder to the serial number of their own phone or TWRP won't recognize it. When you press restore it'll be completely blank. Once you make the phone marker folder your own phone's serial number, it'll work like a charm with no issues.

Roland_K

Nov 7, 2012
Anyone using this backup has to remember to change the phone marker folder to the serial number of their own phone or TWRP won't recognize it. When you press restore it'll be completely blank. Once you make the phone marker folder your own phone's serial number, it'll work like a charm with no issues.

Thank you for explaining that for me. I been trying to help those who aren't familiar with TWRP Recovery. Well explained.

nicholi2789

Mar 19, 2013
Newport
This is nice to have. I made a Nandroid of my stock setup but I had already removed a ton of bloatware so it wasn't really a STOCK nandroid. I'm downloading this just so I have it.
But, could you post an MD5 sum of the zipped file that way I know I got a good download? It failed several times before downloading completely and I wanna be sure it's legit.
Thanks

nicholi2789

Mar 19, 2013
Newport
Nobody yell at me . what exactly is this post for ? Is this for stock android ? Like aosp ?
Nobody is gonna yell at you... Lol.
This is a Nandroid backup of the full stock rom that comes on the Verizon M8 out of the box. No modifications made to it at all. It is the exact software you would get on your M8 if you just bought it at the store (minus stock recovery and radios of course) If you don't know what a Nandroid backup is, it's a backup of the software on your device using a custom recovery like TWRP. Say you flashed a custom rom and were having problems with it but didn't have your own backup of the stock software. You could download this and use TWRP to restore it and you would be back to stock again. AOSP is something else. AOSP is Android without Manufacturer skins like Sense (HTC devices), or Touchwiz (Samsung devices), the only devices that come with AOSP installed on them are Nexus devices. Everything else is Android that's slightly modified. Hope this explains it.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tigerstown

Tigerstown

Jun 20, 2013
Detroit

I just extracted part of the zip inside the folder your talking about which the folder I extracted was named with the release keys an then no need to rename anything. That's what I did anyways.

Last edited:

deeznuts

Sep 19, 2007

I think I know what you mean? I already use twrp so when I download this just go to my external sd card (where I keep my backups), open twrp, open folder with HTC and I guess my serial number, then inside this folder is where I place this backup correct? Thanks.

Tigerstown

Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
I think I know what you mean? I already use twrp so when I download this just go to my external sd card (where I keep my backups), open twrp, open folder with HTC and I guess my serial number, then inside this folder is where I place this backup correct? Thanks.

Extract the folder From zip I circled in 1st pic is all you need

Then place it In the folder I show in other pic an you r all set. No rename anything then flash the restore as normal.

Attachments

• 1398096797133.jpg
    1398096797133.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 201
  • 1398096832317.jpg
    1398096832317.jpg
    74.1 KB · Views: 183
Reactions: deeznuts

Roland_K

Nov 7, 2012
Thanks

Then place it In the folder I show in other pic an you r all set. No rename anything then flash the restore as normal.

Thanks for helping everyone out. I tried to make the instructions as detailed as possible.

Again if the link goes down let me know so I can add a new one.

Making a Pure Stock Rom as we speak. Keeping it close to Stock as possible but with all of the unneeded Files removed (Verizon/Amazon/Keyboard Language/ect..... Adding a small amount of tweaks/files to the system and thats it. I not sure if anyone has use Scotts Roms in the past (CleanRom) But it is going to be like that for each update to come. Should have it up in the next couple of days.

Infinite7154

Jul 14, 2011
Rochester, NY
I just extracted part of the zip inside the folder your talking about which the folder I extracted was named with the release keys an then no need to rename anything. That's what I did anyways.

For some reason if I don't change the serial number my TWRP doesn't see it in restore. Had the same problem a few times yesterday.

Tigerstown

Jun 20, 2013
Detroit
For some reason if I don't change the serial number my TWRP doesn't see it in restore. Had the same problem a few times yesterday.

So you download the zip. Open zip it an go find the folder with build keys in the name. You extract that to downloads folder then place the file you just extracted in your normal twrp file path. You still have to rename? If you do it correct there is nothing to rename to match your phone. Not saying your wrong. I just never have had to rename anything when restoring someone backup.

Svo86

Jul 3, 2011
So is there away to use this as an upgrade to the new firmware without destroying all the apps and settings?

Thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

FROM YOUR PHONE:
    Download Root Explorer

Thats It!

THANKS,

UPDATE:

New Link Are Up!!!

FROM YOUR PHONE:
    Download Root Explorer

Thats It!

THANKS,

UPDATE:

New Download Links Have Been Added!!!
    Thanks

Thanks for helping everyone out. I tried to make the instructions as detailed as possible.

Again if the link goes down let me know so I can add a new one.

Making a Pure Stock Rom as we speak. Keeping it close to Stock as possible but with all of the unneeded Files removed (Verizon/Amazon/Keyboard Language/ect..... Adding a small amount of tweaks/files to the system and thats it. I not sure if anyone has use Scotts Roms in the past (CleanRom) But it is going to be like that for each update to come. Should have it up in the next couple of days.
    The Root Explorer and Pure Stock 1.55.605.2 Links

FROM YOUR PHONE:
    Download Root Explorer
    Download the Pure Stock 1.55.605.2.zip (((IM Me and I will send you the link to download both.)))
    Just unzip the Pure Stock 1.55.605.2.zip
    MOVE (Not Copy) The 2014-04-20--10-11-12 KOT49H release-keys folder and place in in the TWRP folder/Backup folder

Thats It!

They are uploading now.

Also the Pure Stock Nandroid is exactly how it sounds, Pure Stock. It will be as if you just started you phone for the first time. Has all the bloatware, bells and whistles. Nothing has been added/removed.
    hi

I am perm rooted with TWRP and S-off
    can I use this update
    and
    what happens after this update.
    what remains and what goes regarding root and TWRP

Thanks