[Q]Not enough RAM?

Search This thread

fenchai

May 10, 2011
hi guyzz:
I have been using my S5 and sometimes music stops playing. fingerprint sensor stops to work but i get to access with alternative code.
I enter but find that touchwiz launcher restarts... I freak out not knowing what happened and check the ram. It is using 90% of avaiable ram. I dont know what uses so much ram. and sometimes camera takes a picture but picture looks broken and same. touvhwiz launcher restarts... sometimes...but frequently.

anyone knows?

add: any happened to see that power button becomes unresponsive? does greenify or gravity screen make perfect culprit? because i uninstalled them, restarted and everuthing is fine now...

Sent from my SM-G900H using XDA Free mobile app

drakester09

Jan 10, 2012
hi guyzz:
I have been using my S5 and sometimes music stops playing. fingerprint sensor stops to work but i get to access with alternative code.
I enter but find that touchwiz launcher restarts... I freak out not knowing what happened and check the ram. It is using 90% of avaiable ram. I dont know what uses so much ram. and sometimes camera takes a picture but picture looks broken and same. touvhwiz launcher restarts... sometimes...but frequently.

anyone knows?

add: any happened to see that power button becomes unresponsive? does greenify or gravity screen make perfect culprit? because i uninstalled them, restarted and everuthing is fine now...

I think this is the same issue:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2734358

Can you provide more information please? This happens using the stock Music app or it's not related?

Maybe there's a memory leak somewhere. I haven't encountered the issue yet but I always use Play Music.

fenchai

May 10, 2011
I think this is the same issue:
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2734358

Can you provide more information please? This happens using the stock Music app or it's not related?

Maybe there's a memory leak somewhere. I haven't encountered the issue yet but I always use Play Music.

Hi. I use the stock music player. and recently I switched to action launcher so ram appears to have gotten better. now its at 1.28gb always, before it was 1.35 then randonmly up to 1.6 ...

drakester09

Jan 10, 2012
Hi. I use the stock music player. and recently I switched to action launcher so ram appears to have gotten better. now its at 1.28gb always, before it was 1.35 then randonmly up to 1.6 ...

Good to hear :)

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

drakester09

Jan 10, 2012
yeah, doesnt work, after an hour i have to restart because music doesnt work...
defective cellphone? or sofrware issue?

What happens if you don't use the stock player? (try power amp or play music)

Sent from my SM-G900H using Tapatalk

eyecon82

May 30, 2010
ya im disappointed it only has 2gb of ram..they should have put 3gb of ram in

slind

Aug 18, 2007
Bremen
I had lags.

Installed Shohat Rom V4 yesterday.

Lags Gone ! :good:

So is your warranty.

I would love to do the same. as I did with almost every device in the last years. but Knox Status is a realy pain in the ass. My device now responds quicker after switching to another launcher, but it's even snappier after a restart. Touchwiz simply is a pain in the ass.

fenchai

May 10, 2011
So is your warranty.

I would love to do the same. as I did with almost every device in the last years. but Knox Status is a realy pain in the ass. My device now responds quicker after switching to another launcher, but it's even snappier after a restart. Touchwiz simply is a pain in the ass.

HAHAHAH that was funny.
yeah, warranty is gone now coz of knox...
but hey without root you cant even change music with volume buttons...
use swipeback, gravity box, titanium backup etc... we are losing so much freedom for warranty.
Once I proof that my device is not defective 4 one month, i will root it...