[GUIDE] Fre3vo / Fre3dom Official Thread

Search This thread

Ali_Shaikh

Jun 22, 2009
Washington, DC
As of right now no need for noobs to use this. It's temp temp root. This is only going to help devs build off of what they have done. You can't use it for any root required apps until someone figures otherwise. Teamwin believes they should have titanium backup figured out by Sunday

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

Ok I wont do this then until the full one comes out. Thanks!

mamarda

Jun 11, 2009
Tbiisi
As of right now no need for noobs to use this. It's temp temp root. This is only going to help devs build off of what they have done. You can't use it for any root required apps until someone figures otherwise. Teamwin believes they should have titanium backup figured out by Sunday

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA App

i need just temp root, to install Georgian fonts on my sensation, otherwise I can't read emails and web in Georgian language, once it is installed it remains also after unrooting.

mamarda

Jun 11, 2009
Tbiisi
I think the fonts are inside /system which will be write-locked until S-OFF can be acheived. So temp root won't help you there.

on market there is an app that installs georgian, here is description:

This application installs georgian fonts on your device.
Alos old georgian alphabet is included \o/.
ამ პროგრამით და-root-ულ მობილურებზე ვაყენებთ ქართულს!
!!!ROOT is needed / sachiroa ROOT!!!
!!!Reboot phone after the installation is run!!!

as I understand temp-root is same as root, only difference is that it gives you temporary root, before restarting device

Last edited:

umd

Jul 9, 2010
Right now this might be helpful only for flashing RUUs.

How can we use this to flash uncompatible RUU's? For ex. flasing 1.35.401.1 RUU to 1.28.707.2 phone.

Is that possible with using temp root?

jermx

Oct 10, 2009
Those who cannot achieve temp root or have problem hang tight! Application for temproot coming soon by shinzul of #teamwin . Check out his Twitter for more info ..

El Daddy

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2008
Roseville, MN
So has anyone figured out how to uninstall the bloatware. I have permissions but i get read only file when trying to uninstall.

Scoop24

Apr 14, 2010
NY
Well I know this temp root won't do much right now. But thanks to this thread I learned how to adb and was successfully able to apply the temp root.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G using XDA Premium App

jbrew78

Sep 30, 2010
Tampa
OK, this is weird. I managed to push su to /system/bin. I checked in root explorer and it is there. Now when I try to push busybox to /system/xbin it's saying that it's a read only file system. Can't figure out how I got su to push...

cmstlist

Jan 11, 2010
Toronto
Google Pixel 4a
on market there is an app that installs georgian, here is description:

as I understand temp-root is same as root, only difference is that it gives you temporary root, before restarting device

The app requires root in order to gain /system write access. On a great number of phones, root alone is all you need to get that write access.

The problem is that temp root alone on the Sensation will not give you write access to /system because it is being blocked at a bootloader level rather than at the OS level. So the OS will say with temproot "sure, go ahead, you have permission to write to /system"; but when you try and actually do it, nothing will stick.

joel.bourquard

Retired Recognized Developer
Sep 7, 2009
Hi guys,

I haven't got a chance to try this awesome temp-root tool for real yet - but for those who are trying to get Titanium Backup working, here's a hint: if you can't arrange for the "su" binary to be in $PATH, you have the option to create it at:

/data/bin/su

Titanium Backup shall then see it :p

El Daddy

Retired Forum Moderator
May 2, 2008
Roseville, MN
The app requires root in order to gain /system write access. On a great number of phones, root alone is all you need to get that write access.

The problem is that temp root alone on the Sensation will not give you write access to /system because it is being blocked at a bootloader level rather than at the OS level. So the OS will say with temproot "sure, go ahead, you have permission to write to /system"; but when you try and actually do it, nothing will stick.

Thanks for the clarification and not being a condescending ass.

This is my only phone I've owned with a roadblock to root. (G1, N1) I was confused as to why I couldn't mount /system/app

mamarda

Jun 11, 2009
Tbiisi

thanks man now everything is clear :)

gilbert11231123

Jan 17, 2008
Phoenix
ok so i did all the steps and i got a big # at the end ,

c:\android-sdk-windows\tools>adb shell
#

do i have temp root because nothing will let me write in /system folder or it wont let me delete anything in system/apps......

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [GUIDE] Fre3vo / Fre3dom Official Thread (Discontinued)

#teamwin is proud to announce the Fre3vo tool for the HTC EVO 3D and Sensation!

What is Fre3vo: Fre3vo is a temp-root acquiring tool, allowing users access to a root shell on their HTC EVO 3D and Sensation devices.

What is Fre3dom: Fre3dom was the name of the tool being developed to enable S-OFF on the EVO 3D and Sensation. This has been abandon since AlphaRevX has announced on twitter that they've had the devices open for weeks now.

Fre3vo can be downloaded here: http://tinyw.in/1lJ

Prereqs:
    1. You must be able to push files via adb to your device.
    2. You must know what a shell is.

Instructions:
    1. Download the fre3vo zip
    2. Unzip the fre3vo binary
    3. Push the binary via 'adb push fre3vo /data/local/tmp'
    4. Change the permissions via 'adb shell chmod 777 /data/local/tmp/fre3vo'
    5. Run the binary via 'adb shell /data/local/tmp/fre3vo'

If all goes well, you'll be kicked back to your computer's command prompt. (Some may get more messages, but it seems the Sensation buffers the stderr more than the EVO 3D)

run 'adb shell' and you should have a '#' prompt instead of '%'.

This is temporary root. A reboot will clobber it. There are many threads with scripts for doing what the community has dubbed "perma-temp root", which lets you run all your root-based apps.
    A big question: SU

We know, there are issues. This is for developers to get us our root apps working. We're already cranking into ways to get this going... Really!

And this is why we released the binary in this form... Because as a whole, we can come together and find ways to do everything we want with these phones. Mounting new partitions, or linking in other partitions with write. These are ways being explored to get apps to play nicer with temp-root.
    This worked for me after getting temp root...

ubuntu$ adb remount
    ubuntu$ adb shell

# remount -o remount,suid /dev/block/mmcblk0p24 /data
    # mkdir /data/bin
    # exit

ubuntu$ adb push busybox /data/bin
    ubuntu$ adb push su /data/bin
    ubuntu$ adb install superuser.apk
    ubuntu$ adb shell

# ln -s /data/bin/su /system/xbin/su
    # ln -s /data/bin/busybox /system/bin/busybox

After that, I was able to fight with Titanium Backup and it loaded successfully.
    Temp Root achieved.

Agrabren is the real one to thank. I just typed in what he told me to.

:D

Now, we need the su binary, hboot, recovery, and we are free to flash to our hearts content.
    We ran into a snag in our method of s-off... A completely bricked device. It has slowed us down a bit.

Sent from my PG86100 using Tapatalk